State Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Fair

Went to the south Dakota state fair Sunday. Was amazed by difference between that one and Mn state fair for my money SD was more enjoyable.

Cost. $0.00. Vs $17. Parking
    ​​​​​​ . $ 6.00 $18. Admission
    ​​​​​​ . Food prices we had planned on appetizers at fair restaurant after but prices at fair were reasooenough we ate there

Less people who were all told by PA announcer to use common sense while walking down the street because of the trolley and golf carts where as in mn we coddle the stupid ones.

You could move around the fair. It did seem that 60% of the fair was campground with very little close parking for the day visitors but tradeoff is acceptable.
    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Thanks for reminding me fR, anyone or how many going to Husker Harvest Days this year?

Comment

I spent 4 days there....have always been a fan of the fair . Funniest story was when I went into the Trump shop and expressed I would buy everything they had that was made in America......LMAO!
      needless to say I was forced out by a guy who looked to be from El Salvador empty handed....nothing was American....MAGA!

Comment

Were you the guy causing the power outages on Sunday.

Comment

BJ is still running a one man circus? lol

Comment

When I stopped at the democrats booth to talk policy ideas for the 2020 election I was handed a list of things that the democrats hope to have on the PLATFORM to be voted on in Milwaukee next summer.. I noticed that nothing was even 'for sale' in the entire booth. Everything was being given away and the give away policies were very apparent.

The ''fair'' around here are getting smaller every year. Less people exhibit, less participation by 4-H and FFA. Might be because there are way less farm kids and town kids who have the ambition to work on projects. Most of the kids running around were obviously not farm kids

Happy to see a couple posts from Barry. As usual, not enlightening but interesting
            Last edited by Kinghere; 09-05-2019, 08:02 AM. Reason: Took out a political comment that didn't belong in the Lounge

Comment

Originally posted by flyingRoot View Post
              Were you the guy causing the power outages on Sunday.
              I was in the camper taking a nap about that time and thankfully it wasnt any hotter or it may have spit out the bit completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghere View Post
                When I stopped at the democrats booth to talk policy ideas for the 2020 election I was handed a list of things that the democrats hope to have on the PLATFORM to be voted on in Milwaukee next summer.. I noticed that nothing was even 'for sale' in the entire booth. Everything was being given away and the give away policies were very apparent.

The ''fair'' around here are getting smaller every year. Less people exhibit, less participation by 4-H and FFA. Might be because there are way less farm kids and town kids who have the ambition to work on projects. Most of the kids running around were obviously not farm kids

Happy to see a couple posts from Barry. As usual, not enlightening but interesting
                Wont get political but I spent more time in the R booth. Had a great convo with Dusty Johnson on some help he provided with the Dept of Interior. His office and he himself stayed in close contact with me and that goes a long ways.
                I hope that wasnt enlightening King....dont want to color outside the lines ...LOL!

Comment

Is that what a street walker does, see who gives the most before the proposed ACT? lol

Comment

Originally posted by BarryJHealy View Post

Wont get political but I spent more time in the R booth. Had a great convo with Dusty Johnson on some help he provided with the Dept of Interior. His office and he himself stayed in close contact with me and that goes a long ways.
                    I hope that wasnt enlightening King....dont want to color outside the lines ...LOL!
                    I was wondering how you would answer.

I enjoy the fair, but as I get older it not as much fun walking around trying to see things. The various booths with businesses or schools or political information are fun to visit, but I never seem to learn very much. Just enjoy the banter or discussing. I always appreciate a government rep or employee who remembers me and tries to get answers or help me solve problems.

Comment

What's funny is I bought some impact sockets from a tent at the fair. The guy was from mn. As was the food trailer we got some food. They probably do better at sd vs mn because less fees and regs even with less people

Comment

Working...
                      X