Got caught on vacation today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got caught on vacation today.

Having worked several hours in a row The boy decided to send me on vacation today! Of course Dan called and caught me! Please don't tell the wife!
    Actually I was trying to deliver a load when Dan called. I am sorry I couldn't talk.
    It turns out I was delivering to a location used for outdoor recreation, although I am sure it was not designed to be that way.
    Here we are 3 semis, 2 cranes, 2 trackhoes sitting at the end of this one lane road, when all of a sudden folks start showing up. Each thinking what they are up to is important enough to walk or drive through our work area. The worst is when Dan called. About that time a van with a load of kids and a trailer full of canoes comes rolling in. Trying to zig zag through. The kids come bailing out right where we are unloading steel beams in the rain. Evidently it didn't occur to them that those wet chains loosely wrapped around that wet steel might not be safe to walk under.
    It was a beautiful location. Nice stream with ducks etc.

Ya IADave , thats the way it usually works . When it rains it pours ! lol . Always amazes me how people can be so blind and ignorant at times to the possible dangers they expose themselves to . Then they wonder how and why accidents happen . Will try to get back with you tomorrow . I had some spraying that needed to get done before it rained this afternoon . And , I didn't get the spraying done . Seems I had a valve on the sprayer that decided to leak , so , had to go to town and get a new one . That was after several people had to stop by . Got the sprayer fixed just in time to put it away . Wind was blowing hard and it was thundering and lightening . Got things put away just as the rain let go . Wife was even mad she didn't get the lawn all mowed due to all the company . Some days it seems like " Grand Central Station " around here . I'm sure most know that feeling .

Comment

I have learned I am not going to make it to the field some days so I just enjoy what I can. I will fix the next chance I get and end up in the field the same as if I tried to rush things. the only difference is my stress level is a lot lower and I got to enjoy ( or at least deal with in a relaxed manner whatever caused the delay)
      Drives my Dad nuts though.

Comment

I have days every now and then where the best policy would be , find a comfy place to sit , grab a big cup of coffee and just enjoy the day and the company cause I'm gonna get nothing done anyhow . But , I'm somewhat like your Dad , drives me nuts .

Comment

I was kidding a neighbor about driving by my place with a piece of equipment or the sprayer and getting me all shook up. He showed me a you tube video. Club root acres. The one about neighbors. You should watch it. Language gets a little bad so don't if that offends you. But does he hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Looked up that you tube video. That's some funny stuff right there!

Comment

Got to go on vacation again today. My travel agent sent me to Pierre South Dakota! We delivered 3 miles back in some pasture. I took some pictures but for some reason I can't get them to post.
              I didn't get the good pictures as I didn't think the truck would stop where we were going down. I was going down in 2nd with the full turbo brake on and Ac kicked in for extra resistance. About the time I was thinking about taking a picture the guy in front of me tickled his brakes. The rear of his trailer started coming up and around till he got off the brakes. I decided may be I didn't need pictures after all!
              I can't believe how wet it is in South Dakota! Just the cows grazing was tearing up the pasture.

Comment

Working...
              X