X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam Moderation Plan

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that starting this week, there will be multiple people using the "aesupport" login -- not just me (Jen) -- to help moderate and delete spammers. So from now on, if you have an issue that you'd like to raise, or a suggestion to pass along, please private message "aesupport" and someone will respond. Please do NOT just post a thread and expect me to see it. I'll still be checking in at least once a week, but it won't be every day.

That said, I do plan to create my own login account so that I can pop in and shoot the breeze with y'all from time to time. I'll be sure to say hello when I get that done.

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this thread or send aesupport a PM. Thanks!

~ Jen

You will be checking in at least once a week? Yu mean your not hired full time? What is your other job, No wonder nothing ever gets fixed on this site

Comment

Hey! Jen is no fool! She knows enough to show up on pay day!

Comment

Originally posted by choreboy View Post
        You will be checking in at least once a week? Yu mean your not hired full time? What is your other job, No wonder nothing ever gets fixed on this site
        There will be someone checking in every day, just not always me.

I'm definitely full-time, been with the company for 8 years. But my "other job" is planning and building new digital products and features--websites, mobile apps and the like. I also handle website improvements and redesigns. I'm currently in the middle of a major website rebuild project, which takes up a lot of my time.

Technically, moderating this forum is not part of my job, but someone had to do it, so I stepped in voluntarily. I hated that the site looked like crap because of the spammers, and I hated that you all were so frustrated over the spam. But I can't check in every day, so that's why I recruited help.

~ Jen

Comment

Originally posted by iadave View Post
          Hey! Jen is no fool! She knows enough to show up on pay day!
          You're on to me, dave! Hahaha

Comment

You seem to have them scared off during the week . Just need to figure out how to run them off on the weekends .
            Thanks for stepping up to the plate and taking a swing . You're trying and helping . Its Greatly Appreciated .

Comment

Originally posted by dan11 View Post
              You seem to have them scared off during the week . Just need to figure out how to run them off on the weekends .
              Thanks for stepping up to the plate and taking a swing . You're trying and helping . Its Greatly Appreciated .
              Hey Dan, this is Jen (new username). Thanks for the kind words. We're looking at a new platform that may help us technically ban spammers with more ease--however, we're also hoping to build some support for these discussion boards and possibly hire a moderator. This is why you guys' suggestions on improving this place are always welcome.

Comment

I think a name like nebbychicken would definitely end the spam. That should send them elsewhere,,,,

LOL

Comment

Yup . I agree with Natty on that one .
                  A few years back someone ask everyone to explain their there user name . there were some interesting explanations for some . I think Jen , I mean NebbyChicken ??? has some splainen to do here . Lets hear It NebbyChicken !

Comment

Haha! OK, so it's a pretty simple explanation, really. I'm from western PA, born and raised. Here, we've got some interesting slang that's pretty unique to the region--some call it Pittsburghese. "Nebby" is basically another word for "nosy." And the chicken part, well, I have a smallish flock of hens for eggs, and I'm rather fond of them. (And some of them are pretty nebby, as chickens will be.) So, that's the story behind my goofy name.

Comment

I was going to suggest "pig latin" would keep the muslime spammers out!

Comment

Originally posted by NebbyChicken View Post
                        Haha! OK, so it's a pretty simple explanation, really. I'm from western PA, born and raised. Here, we've got some interesting slang that's pretty unique to the region--some call it Pittsburghese. "Nebby" is basically another word for "nosy." And the chicken part, well, I have a smallish flock of hens for eggs, and I'm rather fond of them. (And some of them are pretty nebby, as chickens will be.) So, that's the story behind my goofy name.
                        Well NebbyChicken , Thats not so bad . After all you could have picked something like , Ahhh , ummm , well , " Natty " . What the H#LL is a " Natty " anyway ? And who would read or listen to anything a " Natty " had to say ?

Comment

Originally posted by dan11 View Post
                          Well NebbyChicken , Thats not so bad . After all you could have picked something like , Ahhh , ummm , well , " Natty " . What the H#LL is a " Natty " anyway ? And who would read or listen to anything a " Natty " had to say ?
                          I always assumed he was a fan of Natty Light??

Comment

Originally posted by NebbyChicken View Post
                            I always assumed he was a fan of Natty Light??
                            Nailed it !! If I could post a pic I'd show you one right now.

Comment

Aye natty, this "ain't" picture perfect, but with a little imagination, you can get it to work...thanks to 82 with the re-birth, LMAO, of agweb

"For the posters who want to try post a picture.

Type your thoughts, click on the picture icon in the upper left corner of the quick reply box, click on "choose from computer", click on "choose file" (the picture library on your PC should pop up) click on a picture in your library, click "open", click "upload files", the picture should load, click "post quick reply" in the bottom right corner of the quick reply box."

Comment

Working...
                              X