Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dan11
    replied
    Dennis , we enjoy New Mexico too when we go thru there on our way to AZ. to see daughter . Been thru Las Cruses and that area many times and always enjoy it . Will see if wife has time to post up a couple photos of a cowboy hauling a horse thru Las Cruses . Horse had his head sticking out and his tongue flopping all over just being a show off to everyone .
    Yesterday was a warm humid day . Weather guy said we were at 100% humidity part of the day as the fog stuck around most of the day . So far same today .

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    Got back from Las Cruses New Mexico last night at 10pm, left here Sunday 5am, Las Cruces Sunday evening by scenic route in time to check into hotel and go out for super, back to hotel in the dark, up EARLY Monday morning waiting for the sun, and clock, so we could EAT, then pick up his dog. The man I rode and drove with, first a veterinarian, air force veteran, father in law to one
    of the neighbors we have worked with as family with family for the last 4 generations. Joe is one of a kind, hard headed, very intelligent, and practiced veterinarian in New Mexico over 25 years.
    Developed working relationships, friendships with people in a large area, with his practice, love or roping, horses, hunting and dogs. He LOVES New Mexico, would guess if the opportunity comes,
    he will move back there, his youngest grand daughter is a high school sophomore, they moved back to be closer to the four grand kids here and those in Denver. Besides the scenery at a little
    different time of year for me, was an enjoyable adventure and another learning experience. One of our several connections is enjoying history, saw and heard several things that I might have
    read about, but didn't know some of the finer points. Like I told him, I will never get through all there is to see and learn about Kansas history, but would enjoy another trip.

BTW, this site takes in the reason of our trip...to get his dog

wranglerkennels las cruses nm usa.....check it out

another btw, Dan11 and iadave, saw 97ยบ on the thermometer around Dalhart Tx yesterday, pleny of s wind then and again here today!
    Last edited by dennis1; 09-17-2019, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dan11
    replied
    Dave , our average frost date is the last week of Sept. thru the first few days of Oct. here . Send the heat . We need all the help we can get !

Leave a comment:

• iadave
    replied
    Dan, isn't your average frost date pretty close?
    " Here" if my corn was in sweet corn stage I would not expect it to make it.
    Good luck!
    I will send some of this 98 degree 90% humidity your way as soon as I figure out how to!

Leave a comment:

• lsc76cat
    replied
    Drove the river road from Dubuque up to La Crosse Sunday. What a mess they had from last Thursday's deluge.
    All sorts of debris in the ditches and rocks washed down off the bluffs. One had to be about 6' in diameter!!
    Road had been under water in a couple places. Brewery in Potosi was a nice stop!!
    Only saw 1 corn field that had been chopped for silage.

Leave a comment:

• dan11
    replied
    Heavy fog here yesterday and today . Potato harvest is in full swing here . We still have about a week of sweet corn to go and pumpkins are starting to move too . Some of my field corn is denting but some is still in real nice sweet corn stage . We are getting some nice weather but need a lot more to get the corn across the finish line .

Leave a comment:

• The Duke
    replied
    started out with fog this am, bright sunshine the rest of the day. bagging alot of corn and sunflowers.

last night for Mon. golf, but we made the playoffs with a second place finish. so this Thur we tee off at 4pm. try to win the championship

Ourteam took 3rd in the scramble last Sat. won some nice prizes
    Last edited by The Duke; 09-16-2019, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• davidm479
    replied
    be glad when 19 is over your crop year is coming to a end also Duke--------------------------------dave

Leave a comment:

• The Duke
    replied
    It's wet and more wet. been rianing every other day. corn is just starting to dent. beans are all turning yellow so look like they will be on time to harvest, but that ours . there are alot of really green beans too. sunflowers arestarting to drop leaves and turning black. started to sell pumpkins. sweet corn is coming to an end.

did a golf outing yesterday, took 3rd place had a great time with a lot of good folks
    stay safe Leebert

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    I'm going along for the ride and to drive, a motor trip to New Mexico...Roswell area or maybe even further south...picking up a hunting dog...

NOW get this, I've been asked WHAT kind of dog...honestly, I don't know, but I'm telling everyone asking, that it is a pointer...because the other fellow is so damn slow, it has
    to be pointed to him that a bird may flush....and no better than he shoots, he sure doesn't need a retriever... he says trip will be two, maybe 3 days....we will see LMAO

hint, it will be a few days before you are bothered by me this week!

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    all that ground watered corn along the prairie dog creek...will they be using pilot cars?

here in the domesticated NW of central KS, there has been a lot of re-surfacing going on....wait nearly 15 minutes at both ends...then sometimes it's less than 5minutes, "depends" lol

Leave a comment:

• verbatime
    replied
    Originally posted by dennis1 View Post

You have to remember what we have for a governess...what you read about the demacrat debates is similar to what this w I t c h is trying for...yes, Kansass went with a democrat,
    must NOT hurt someone's feelings if the money comes from tax payers!

Now verby, Which road construction project are you referring, they won't widen 383 yet, no one has been killed with the over-sized loads, but a lot of wrecks including a school bus and
    law enforcement are pulling their hair...it is P O L I T I C S again!
    HWY 83 past Decatur County Feed; they just started high moisture corn.

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    Originally posted by verbatime View Post
    Got another rain around midnight. Not sure when they are going to get to harvest silage and high moisture corn... might get serious... and KS is about to start a hwy construction project during harvest. Bad timing Kansass.
    You have to remember what we have for a governess...what you read about the demacrat debates is similar to what this w I t c h is trying for...yes, Kansass went with a democrat,
    must NOT hurt someone's feelings if the money comes from tax payers!

Now verby, Which road construction project are you referring, they won't widen 383 yet, no one has been killed with the over-sized loads, but a lot of wrecks including a school bus and
    law enforcement are pulling their hair...it is P O L I T I C S again!

Leave a comment:

• iadave
    replied
    We have been trying to haul grain down a gravel lane. Looks like we can go tomorrow. We had been having some rain off and on end of last week. This week it has been 2+ inches a day.

Leave a comment:

• verbatime
    replied
    Got another rain around midnight. Not sure when they are going to get to harvest silage and high moisture corn... might get serious... and KS is about to start a hwy construction project during harvest. Bad timing Kansass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X