No announcement yet.

From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is the proper way to cut pie. Every one can get a slice that is the right size.

Comment

• We had a great Thanksgiving Day celebration. 9 brothers , sisters and spouses total and my son. Good food Not vegan

May have hurt the enviroment and my waistline, but it was tasty. Couple pumpkin and cherry pies, angel food cake, fruit plate and the required turkey and all the popular sides.

This site has really dropped off Sorry to see DAVE quit. We may have had disagreements, but in the end we should and are friends.

For that and good family, I am truly Thankful. So to the 3 people who read this post.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Comment

• We had a great Thanksgiving, also. 19 family members, from my 85 year old mother to my 15 month old grandson ( who is finally starting to walk - he must know that the days of carrying his chubby little butt around are nearly over). The wife put on a heck of a meal, then we sat around and played euchre and watched the Cowgirls get beat. We are so thankful to be able to have these gatherings, and say a prayer for those who are no longer with us. I also wish DAVE wouldn't have quit. Maybe he will come back. Some posters on here need to remember that we may have different ideas on politics, but we are ALL farmers, and need to stick together no matter our differences. Come on DAVE, I bet your dad didn't raise a quitter!

Comment

• Received this site address from Arlen Foster today, asking me to try to post it on ag web...will put it here following the Thanksgiving posts....knowing that there are many who
          didn't get to enjoy Thanksgiving, and that some of the suffering continues...

Thanks Arlen!
          The Daily Republic your best local source for news, sports, and weather in the Mitchell area

Comment

• This past Wednesday we got hit with about 8 - 12" of wet heavy snow along with extremely high winds . About 9:30am the power flickered a few times then went out for good . I've never owned a generator . The longest we have ever been out of power in 40 years was about 7 hours . Never missed a milking in those 40 years due to power outage . Finally about 6:00pm went and borrowed a generator from friends who had power . Sure glad they loaned us their generator as it was 2 1/2 days later before the power came back on .
            We got the heat working , a light , the fridge , and the wifes crock pot . Our Thanksgiving feast was chili and some for the neighbors . We were happy and thankful for that .
            I must say a BIG Thank You to all the linemen out there working in some terrible weather under really bad circumstances . They worked night and day thru Thanksgiving trying to get power for thousands who had lost it .
            Now we are supposed to get hit with another storm for tonight and tomorrow . And , Yes , it has started to snow here again . They are saying another possible foot .
            Hoping we don't lose power this time . Although we didn't have any real major issues , I have figured out I don't want to turn Amish !

Comment

• Dennis, the sad part is that story goes all the way to the Gulf I am sure.
              I am sorry to hear about your snow there Dan.
              Sounds like you made the best of it though.
              Reminded me of my folks. Power was out for 2 weeks or so. I had a generator sitting there and asked why they didn't use it.
              Well if hey fired it up the neighbors would want to borrow it. If they loaned it to one the other would be mad.

Comment

• 46 years ago today was 65degrees out. Betty Ann and I got married

Comment

• Congratulations to you both, BUT would the temperature have mattered back then?

Comment

• 46 years is a long time! Back then you probably didn't care about ice fishing anyway.

Comment

• We got through it. A combination of Thanksgiving and Christmas this weekend at our house. The kids, four, and the Grandchildren, seven all headed
                      for home after a big breakfast this morning. The weather was not that cooperative. The oldest boy drove 175 miles north into the heart of the last nights
                      snowfall. They made it safely home to 15 inches of snow in their driveway. The oldest daughter wasn't so lucky. She ended up in the ditch while heading
                      back to Minneapolis. Fortunately, a tow truck came by while she was sitting in the ditch with her three children. For a measly $175. (cash) he spent ten minutes
                      and pulled her back on the road. The two younger ones who live closer, made it home safely.
                      Grandma and I cleaned up the house, did several loads of laundry and took naps in front of the t.v. while occasionally watching the games. Going out
                      with friends to celebrate a birthday this evening. The turkey and ham left overs can stay in the refrigerator for another day. We did end up with about
                      ten inches of snow. Light and fluffy.

Comment

• Wrong Percy, I've been ice fishing since I was born. doc slapped my azz and I didn.t cry I yelled tip-up!!!! fished alot then and just as much now
                        pretty nasty out tonight so I will take her out for dinner some other night

Comment

• At least it was warm 46 years ago. Or else Duke might have gotten 'cold feet'

We hope your future night out will be on a better night than tonight. Around here mostly roads are impassable..

We didn't need this much snow. Enuff winter

Comment

• Originally posted by The Duke View Post
                            Wrong Percy, I've been ice fishing since I was born. doc slapped my azz and I didn.t cry I yelled tip-up!!!! fished alot then and just as much now
                            pretty nasty out tonight so I will take her out for dinner some other night
                            LOL....stay at home and hope you don't OVER sleep watching TV and miss bed time!

Comment

• happy anniversary

Comment

• Thanks to everyone for the well wishes
                                I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful wife

Comment

Working...
                                X