No announcement yet.

From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 inches of rain since mid afternoon on 10/1/19 We really didn't need it. 3.7 for the week and its still raining.

Heavy shirt or coat felt pretty good today.

I had somebody stop and look at a 2166 case/ih combine yesterday Combines are not really a hot ticket item this fall.Plus its 2wd. with big floaters./ But 4 wd is the only kind that will have any chance of selling around here

Comment

• Received a phone call from ECI aka Ken this morning...he has NEW fiber optic connections, a couple email addresses, he tries to log on here on AgWeb, can see what
      WE post but can't reply....how many others are having the same difficulties? (or problems pertaining to being able to participate on AgWeb.

If any one has some suggestions, PLEASE let ECI know...he is full of pis s and vinegar, so would be several days of lots of fun if he gets on here...AGAIN!

IF you read this Ken, I'm trying to send an email that shows what it looks like from this computer to be able to write and send a message...will I need another
      address from you, will send to your original address for now..

Comment

• I tried last time and received nothing my map dot must have drowned-------------that Jenks must still be holding--------------dave

Comment

• this is plum stupid this has gone plum WACKEY ower river is at flood stage and will stay above flood stag for who knows ANOTHER system set just to the North must be hung up on the mountains raining 2 to 3 per hour say we will receive 5 to 6 over night the storm are relentless I can hear the thunder and see the constant flashing somebody is telling me something ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

• Today

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
            Tonight
            Clear, with a low around 37. West wind around 5 mph.

Monday
            Patchy frost before 7am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 71. West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming south in the afternoon.

Monday Night
            Clear, with a low around 49. South wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Tuesday
            Sunny, with a high near 75. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Tuesday Night
            Mostly clear, with a low around 55.

Wednesday
            Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Wednesday Night
            A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Thursday
            A 30 percent chance of rain before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy.

Thursday Night
            A slight chance of rain before 2am, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday
            Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.

Friday Night
            Mostly clear, with a low around 34.

Saturday
            Sunny, with a high near 63.

Comment

• This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for south central Nebraska and
              portions of north central Kansas.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

Areas of frost are expected late tonight along and to the
              northwest of a line from St Paul to Elwood Nebraska. Please see
              the frost advisory message for more information.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Monday through Saturday.

Areas of frost are expected into Monday morning along and to the
              northwest of a line from St Paul to Elwood Nebraska. Please see
              the frost advisory message for more information.

Scattered thunderstorms are possible Wednesday night.

Rain may change to wet snow for parts of the area Thursday night
              into Friday morning.

Widespread freezing temperatures are likely Friday morning and
              Saturday morning...which would end the growing season.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed through tonight.

Comment

• bringing the boat out to tie to the front porch getting ready---------2 inches a hour now expecting 8------------------dave

Comment

• Well, guess its time to write something. 2 weeks ago wifey and I were in Bozeman, Mt. after watching my great nephew play a football game for the MSU Bobcats..they won, and as of today their team is 5-1 on the season, with their only loss to Texas Tech. If they keep playing this well, even the N. Dakotan's will be shaking in their boots! We continued on to Yellowstone, Old Faithful , and then to Jackson Hole for the night. The snow that fell a couple days before made for beautiful snow capped peaks, but also cut off our planned route over Beartooth Pass, which was closed, probably for the winter, because of snow. Yellowstone falls were spectacular, as were the buffalo and Elk. Our plan to continue North into Canada was cut short by the wifey saying it was time to go west, not north into the snowy onslaught. We had lovely driving weather, except for the last 30 miles coming into Bozeman, a downpour, on Fri. the 20th. We came home 3 days early, so maybe, someday I will get to see the Charles Russel Museum! There seems to be an abundance of crops out there in Mont., but there is wheat that isn't combined, 2nd cutting hay waiting for a window, cuz the 1st was so late coming off. Eastern Wash. looked good, but everything over there is irrigated, but some storms have slowed them down. Doubt there will be a shortage of apples any time soon! When you get west of the Cascades, everything is sooo GREEN, and early Sept. rains did that. Back at home, most corn silage is in, with really good yields, mostly, with some fields running 30 ton/acre at 70% .moisture. the last cutting of grasses will be going down this week, our 6th is in. The lawn is growing like its May, but night frosts are predicted later on in the week.

Comment

• up date storm to my north dropped 7,7 in 12 hr period and its still raining numerus roads have bin closed two interstates were closed at times cows and a lot of hay are down the river a record one day total so far but it is still falling today the year from hell is just unforgiving ------Pearcy I am coming that way next year I now have a sister in Tacoma we need to go see but will be going in the summer ??????--------------------------------------dave
                    Last edited by davidm479; 10-06-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• We had a really nice Sunday and today . Supposed to be really nice the rest of the week , maybe in the 70s tomorrow . They say a big change for the weekend though . Cold and rain , even possible snow !! Funny thing is , we have NOT had any frost yet . Not really sure we will get frost this weekend either . If it gets cloudy and rains or we even have snow in the air it still may not get cold enough to freeze . That would be alright . All my corn is drying down and in pretty good shape except one smaller field . That field needed a lot more summer , not fall . Our days are getting short , dark by 7:30 and just no real heat to help that field of corn mature now . Wife ,JDG , has been busy selling pumpkins and corn shocks for Halloween .

Comment

• We also had a beautiful Sunday and Monday was nice too. WE did get started in soybeans yesterday late afternoon...started the day 38ºF and 88% so lots of dew, found out
                        there was frost on windshields in town...I didn't see any around here...the field we started on was one that had looked like it would be our first to harvest....BUT there are still GREEN
                        leaves and pods on the very bottom of some plants, and with an 8820 that tends to talk about GREEN stuff, wasn't to sure it was going to be a go, but monitor showed mostly
                        12%, did do a turn around and get the h e l l out of this when it jumped to 14.5 with lots of whole pods and green lima beans in the bin...gonn'a be a get wwhat we can the next
                        couple days, with this moving in...

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for south central Nebraska and
                        portions of north central Kansas.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.

Isolated thunderstorms are possible late tonight...primarily south
                        and east of a line from Plainville Kansas to Hebron Nebraska.
                        Severe weather is not anticipated.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

There is a chance of thunderstorms across the entire forecast area
                        Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Severe weather is not
                        expected.

Rain will change to snow across much of the local area late Thursday
                        night into Friday morning. Little more than a dusting of snow is
                        expected by Friday morning. In addition...Northwest winds of 20
                        to 30 MPH are expected both Thursday and Friday...with occasional
                        gusts to near 45 MPH.

Finally...widespread subfreezing temperatures are expected
                        Thursday night into Friday morning...and then again Friday night
                        into Saturday morning. This will end the growing season across
                        the local area.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will not be needed through tonight.

Comment

• Weather man is saying we will get down to 28F Friday morning in the southern Texas panhandle. Milo is ready for a freeze but cotton doesn't need it yet.

Comment

• Rain tonight and tomorrow. Haven't turned a wheel here. Most neighbors have not either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Cracker View Post
                              Weather man is saying we will get down to 28F Friday morning in the southern Texas panhandle. Milo is ready for a freeze but cotton doesn't need it yet.
                              [email protected]º, dropped from 42ºF at 5:45am HERE nwcentral KS..

Comment

• Supposed to be in the 60s today and sun is shining nice right now . Rain starting tonight then temps dropping . They say CCCCold and Possible snow over the weekend .

We have a neighbor and friend who is paralyzed from waist down and wheel chair bound . He loves to hunt and last night we and a couple other neighbors went and helped him get his 480 lb. Black Bear out of the woods he got !!! Really nice BIG boar .

Comment

Working...
                                X