No announcement yet.

From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have your spray rig ready go to the bank and have a bunch of money lined up just short of selling the farm out cause when they hit you will spray once every week endless and you will die when they price that Prevention to you-------------------------------dave-----------------------------and combining it will mess you machine up

Comment

• We just got 1.3 in of badly needed rain tonight . We have not had any significant rain for quit a while .
      Temps have been in the 80s and 90s and has sucked the ground dry . Corn has been looking pretty droopy and rolling bad . 2nd cutting hay is thin . Potato farmers
      have been irrigating steady . This should help .

Comment

• have you guys seen the deluge that is occurring over ower way it is relentless non stop I kid you not anyway I am leaving this morning going SOUTH going to take grand kid to see and play on some White beaches I hope if this carnage does not follow me SEE YEAH IN WEEK no computers allowed ----------------------------------dave

Comment

• end of month rolling around, Labor Day Week-END!

FYI, we dodged a major bullet last night, by only a few miles...corn and feed flat, buildings and houses/homes damaged, trees, power lines and poles, semis, trailers etc rolled over and on the
          side of the road, they had shut the gates at Webster to help with flooding below this past week, Webster is coming up big time today...and right here, ECI will say, a major Kansas rain of...
          0.06 ! Glad we didn't get what others didn't need. It's that time of year...and this is what we get to think about for now... [h=3]Flood Warning[/h]
          Flood Warning National Weather Service Hastings NE 1148 AM CDT Fri Aug 30 2019 KSC163-311645- /O.NEW.KGID.FA.W.0069.190830T1648Z-190831T1645Z/ /00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z. OO/ Rooks KS- 1148 AM CDT Fri Aug 30 2019 The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued a * Flood Warning for... West central Rooks County in north central Kansas... * Until 1145 AM CDT Saturday. * At 1144 AM CDT, reporting gauges indicate flooding is likely along the South Fork of the Solomon River north of Damar. As of 1115 AM, the river stage was at 8.4 feet and rising. Flood stage is 8.5 feet. This rise is due to a widespread 1 to 2 inches of rain that fell last night in portions of Graham and Rooks Counties. * Some locations that will experience flooding include... Webster State Park. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying spots.

Comment

• Got 1.2 in. of rain early this morning . Been raining on and off so far . Maybe another .1 or .2 . At least its not snow ............... Yet .

Comment

• Got another rain around midnight. Not sure when they are going to get to harvest silage and high moisture corn... might get serious... and KS is about to start a hwy construction project during harvest. Bad timing Kansass.

Comment

• We have been trying to haul grain down a gravel lane. Looks like we can go tomorrow. We had been having some rain off and on end of last week. This week it has been 2+ inches a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by verbatime View Post
                  Got another rain around midnight. Not sure when they are going to get to harvest silage and high moisture corn... might get serious... and KS is about to start a hwy construction project during harvest. Bad timing Kansass.
                  You have to remember what we have for a governess...what you read about the demacrat debates is similar to what this w I t c h is trying for...yes, Kansass went with a democrat,
                  must NOT hurt someone's feelings if the money comes from tax payers!

Now verby, Which road construction project are you referring, they won't widen 383 yet, no one has been killed with the over-sized loads, but a lot of wrecks including a school bus and
                  law enforcement are pulling their hair...it is P O L I T I C S again!

Comment

• Originally posted by dennis1 View Post

You have to remember what we have for a governess...what you read about the demacrat debates is similar to what this w I t c h is trying for...yes, Kansass went with a democrat,
                    must NOT hurt someone's feelings if the money comes from tax payers!

Now verby, Which road construction project are you referring, they won't widen 383 yet, no one has been killed with the over-sized loads, but a lot of wrecks including a school bus and
                    law enforcement are pulling their hair...it is P O L I T I C S again!
                    HWY 83 past Decatur County Feed; they just started high moisture corn.

Comment

• all that ground watered corn along the prairie dog creek...will they be using pilot cars?

here in the domesticated NW of central KS, there has been a lot of re-surfacing going on....wait nearly 15 minutes at both ends...then sometimes it's less than 5minutes, "depends" lol

Comment

• I'm going along for the ride and to drive, a motor trip to New Mexico...Roswell area or maybe even further south...picking up a hunting dog...

NOW get this, I've been asked WHAT kind of dog...honestly, I don't know, but I'm telling everyone asking, that it is a pointer...because the other fellow is so damn slow, it has
                        to be pointed to him that a bird may flush....and no better than he shoots, he sure doesn't need a retriever... he says trip will be two, maybe 3 days....we will see LMAO

hint, it will be a few days before you are bothered by me this week!

Comment

• It's wet and more wet. been rianing every other day. corn is just starting to dent. beans are all turning yellow so look like they will be on time to harvest, but that ours . there are alot of really green beans too. sunflowers arestarting to drop leaves and turning black. started to sell pumpkins. sweet corn is coming to an end.

did a golf outing yesterday, took 3rd place had a great time with a lot of good folks
                          stay safe Leebert

Comment

• be glad when 19 is over your crop year is coming to a end also Duke--------------------------------dave

Comment

• started out with fog this am, bright sunshine the rest of the day. bagging alot of corn and sunflowers.

last night for Mon. golf, but we made the playoffs with a second place finish. so this Thur we tee off at 4pm. try to win the championship

Ourteam took 3rd in the scramble last Sat. won some nice prizes
                              Last edited by The Duke; 09-16-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Heavy fog here yesterday and today . Potato harvest is in full swing here . We still have about a week of sweet corn to go and pumpkins are starting to move too . Some of my field corn is denting but some is still in real nice sweet corn stage . We are getting some nice weather but need a lot more to get the corn across the finish line .

Comment

Working...
                                X