No announcement yet.

From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well we're safe. got a very nice much needed rain tonight. the crops are doing good for having such a rough start this spring.I;m hopeing that the sunflowers will have buds next week. Sunflower Fest is only a month away. would be nice if a few AgWebbers could make it this year. check our facebook page Bergsbaken Farms for all the info and lots of pics. lots offun stuff to do and see.
    Had about 25,000 people in 3days last year.

Percy, its easy to get 10 crops of hay in tthe land of the midnight sun. lol

Ron11, looks like you've got great bunch of hard working kids. son worked at the U in Minn doing soybean testing while going thru Med school. our daughters all worked in the U of Minn Library year round while they were in school. oldest daughter was in the U of Minn marching band for 3 year also. all got degrees, not bad for bunch of ole farm kids.

one thing I do know is man o man are the fish biting. finally warmed up enough for the bluegills to start spawning . also shot one of my best scores in golf last Mon night shot a 40 at Golden Sands in Cecil. what a night

till next time stay safe

Comment

• Got .8 about 3 days back . Just enough to get you damp tonight .
      Was that FRs 2nd cut that got washed ? Most Every one here is working on 1st cutting still .
      Hows your son FR , can he eat solid food yet ?

Comment

• First cutting lots of material going through discbine we hit the windrows with old new idea cut conditioner day after cutting or rain refluff and break up stems again bale next day. We don't use soap to wash our hay though.

Boy is doing great had extra syrup on pancakes with his scrambled eggs and hashbrowns after appt today. Any thing he doesn't have to bite is ok now so small pieces or mush to roof of his mouth like soft pasta and stuff.
        Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• fR glad to hear your sons doing great

Comment

• rain woke me up this am
            BA, Amy, Lisa ans Jason left for Cinncy early this am . Amy is dow kidn to12 Major League ballparks to visit.
            She will be having another surgery on july 5th to remove some more of the tumor between her eye and brain. she a tough

Comment

• Its great reading about the family successes. Farming is a great career to learn how to work and succeed at other careers.

Ron's family is highly motivated and their farms are all successful.

Duke spends more time 'funning' than lots of people do working.

We all complain about medical costs and health concerns, but it is amazing how often tragic diseases are cured and lives are really improved. Congrats to the Duke and FR families

Comment

• 4:30 this morning phone starts going crazy for flash flood warnin. Half awake all night, really loud thunder plus hard rain on roof. Dad's driveway had two spots water went over only third time in my 49 year memory. Bride went to work found cornstalks washed up on road. Entrance ramp to highway under water in Rochester. I'm guessing rain gauge is full. Two fields have water between rows that was there before last night. Hopefully the last high water we got cleaned out brush and trees from damming up river so this time water disappears quickly.

Comment

• Here we are, living in WETern Washington, and I can't grasp having to worry about an overnight flash flood. The wettest day, in my memory, was 4 inches in 8 hours one early June..set windrows floating, but no washout. Part of benefit of having high organic, fine clay soils.[just my guess] 11 inches one FEB. would be the wettest month on memory, but then your crops aren't using an inch a week to grow, cuz its too early. When desert Kansas gets big rains, I understand, but the land of 10,000 lakes? IDK.

Comment

• Up towards dairyfarmmn I haven't heard if the cattle that were washed away have been found. Neighbor has cattle pass under township road of course cows on one side calves on other he was watching finally calves decided to go through said a couple lost footing looked like kids on a water slide when they came through, everybody was ok I guess

Comment

• Fr, hope the boy is ready for hot dogs and watermelon Thursday!

Comment

• He can if cut into small chunks. Family is getting bored with local celebrations were thinking of going o the lake for the day. But today found out graduated marching band members are wanted to fill out parade band so I guess we are staying for parade Thursday.

Comment

• Summer finally found its way to da U.P. Been in the high 80s and mid 90s the past several days . I have seen a few area potato farmers who have started irrigating . Corn is O.K. , not great , and has not started rolling . We need some perfect weather , a lot more summer with rain and a late fall for the corn .

Today , the 4th , is the day in the U.P they say where you can take off your long johns . Tomorrow , the5th , you wash them . And , on the 6th , you put them back on !
                          Happy 4th Everyone .

Comment

• I don't know why every one complains about crops being behind. I know of several who have already harvested this year!
                            Last I knew there is at least one field of corn ready for harvest along I 90 in /south Dakota also!
                            I was talking to my local agronomist yesterday and he said corn grew 4 collars in the last 7 days. I am guessing he thinks we will get caught up. He may be right. According to the Pioneer website we are only 9 GDU' s behind now. Of course that is assuming one planted on the normal date.....

Comment

• Originally posted by dan11 View Post
                              Summer finally found its way to da U.P. Been in the high 80s and mid 90s the past several days . I have seen a few area potato farmers who have started irrigating . Corn is O.K. , not great , and has not started rolling . We need some perfect weather , a lot more summer with rain and a late fall for the corn .

Today , the 4th , is the day in the U.P they say where you can take off your long johns . Tomorrow , the5th , you wash them . And , on the 6th , you put them back on !
                              Happy 4th Everyone .
                              Thanks for your clarification. Must be why they call it a union suit! All these years we've been told your dogs ran away cuz they are scared of fireworks!!

Comment

• Well ole mother nature gave us a good one early this morning. 4.5 inches here, 6 inches just to our north. Drowned out spots in local fields just got bigger. Had about 120 acres to go on wheat harvest. Won't be doing any of that for a few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X