From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rained a little more today and turned sunny

Want to wish all the Dads on AgWeb a Happy Fathers Day. hope of you had a good day
    I went fishing and when I got back had a wonderful dinner with BA, Lisa and Jason. had Brats and Hamburgers.
    got a card and a dozen golf balls from Amy and a Polaris cap from Lisa and Jason. an a text mess. from Jen

Leebert

Comment

• Boy came home today. Daughter and bride leave tomorrow at 4am to be in Brookings by 8 signup for classes at SDSU, so I'm staying with him not to tough just making sure he's drinking and eating next few days except pills all his meals come through a 60cc syringe. Checked rain gauge hasn't been dumped since left for fishing ten days ago 5 1/2 inches with 2 3/4 coming yesterday in about two hours.
      Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• fr, glad to hear son is getting better. in our prayers

Comment

• Glad to hear your son is home and on the mend. The only thing about that deal that sounded the least bit good was having to eat mashed potatoes for two weeks. That would be close to heaven for me but doc says cut that starch out. Hope things continue well for him.

Comment

• Thank's guys.

Today's menu Malt-O-Meal breakfast, mashed potatoes lunch, tomato soup for supper. All through a syringe.
            Lots of apple juice, or Gatorade for beverages. He loves milk but he says it makes to much flem in his mouth and throat. We're using as a thinner for the meals.

Comment

• I remember Chocolate Malt-o-Meal, haven't had that for breakfast in years.

"Rooting" for him from the sidelines!

Comment

• I hope your boy heals well!

Comment

• saw this and thought of 4450 and fr's son, hope this works, after all, even Dan11 and his co-driver haul this product...

The researchers hope to help producers and companies define what drives consumer choice.
                  Last edited by dennis1; 06-19-2019, 12:39 PM. Reason: agweb is still sucking..

Comment

• Can't believe someone is doing a doctorate paper on what is it people like about potatoes, but maybe new subjects are getting hard to come up with. As far as the chocolate malto meal, must be something about our age or generation . I bought a box this winter. Hadn't had it around since the kids grew up and left.

Comment

• So it looks like Kinghere, and maybe Duke, better lay low for a few hours. The weather chick was flashing all kinds of signs a bit ago, but since I'm colorblind, you'll hafta do your own interpretating .Maybe you'll hafta throw my gov. Inslee overboard to calm the wind, lightening, and whatever else shows up..its gotta be climate change!!

Comment

• It blew through here at noon inch and three quarters in two hours no dangerous weather here. Cut hay two days ago figure it will rain again tomorrow for the rinse cycle then we'll run it through the cut conditioner to spin cycle.

Comment

• The storm front came thru like the democrats debate. Lots of noise a bunch of wind but nothing of substance. maybe a 1/3 of rain. It seemed to strengthen going East toward Lee. The rain was actually needed. All these late pl.anted fields that were mudded in need frequent rains to keep from baking. Lots of very yellow stunted crops around here.

I still have not got all the lowdown on the new prevent plant rules. But around here crops planted after the 20th of June are usually only poor quality silage. Not enuff days to make grain

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingRoot View Post
                            It blew through here at noon inch and three quarters in two hours no dangerous weather here. Cut hay two days ago figure it will rain again tomorrow for the rinse cycle then we'll run it through the cut conditioner to spin cycle.
                            So your 2nd cut is ruined? We received a very welcomed 3/4 inch this A.M. we are irrigating the 4th cutting right now. It all goes for silage, easier than dry hay. So much of the silage corn around here has issues, with wireworm being the worst. The best fields will make 6 feet by the 4th of July. We religiously put Sniper insecticide in the furrow when we plant, the worm risk is too high. Good luck with your crops.

Comment

• Originally posted by dennis1 View Post
                              saw this and thought of 4450 and fr's son, hope this works, after all, even Dan11 and his co-driver haul this product...

I got a daughter at U of Wisc. Madison working in potato research. Her work includes what's in the potatoes like levels of protein , starches , etc. I guess they just want to make my favorite veggie even better ! ha She also does a lot of work on diseases and pests. She is a sophomore and got the job when older sister (senior) boyfriend left that potato research job for a 9 month paid internship to work for Burt's Bees , a subsidiary of Clorox Corp. the bleach company. He is working on being a chemical engineer in college and is working in the lab at Burts Bees. The youngest daughter is working on an engineering career as well although not a chemical engineer (so far). Says she likes the work including going to the research farms. She is doing summer class work also.

The older daughter took tests she'll need to apply for med. school. No word yet. Fingers and toes still crossed. I knew she was doing well but her sister told us the older sister has a 4.0 grade point average after 3 years and that includes taking the toughest courses to hopefully get into med school. She is working full time during summer at a Madison Wisc. hospital. She takes and runs blood samples mainly. At $16 an hour they work her long and hard .
                              Last edited by RON11; 06-27-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Congratulations on your daughters!

Comment

Working...
                                X