No announcement yet.

From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been cloudy and overcast all day . A few sprinkles before noon . A steady rain late this afternoon .
    Weather guy claims a cool week ahead with rain several days .

Comment

• I have been having a heck of a time with the weather! I just don't know what to do! The second day it didn't rain I knew what to do. I went out and started planting around noon. The third day I slept in because it always rains after half a day in the field. No rain! What do I do now? Dad told me they used to plant 2 days in a row! Who da thought of that?
      4th day I kinda have the hang of it and planted some more but pretty tired. I am not used to working more than 1/2 a day at a time.
      Now after the 5th day of no rain I finished planting. I am starting to worry it will get dry now.
      I am truly worried it will turn off dry. The truth is we haven';t had that much rain. It has been a tenth or 2 every day with cool and overcast making it seem wet. Grandpa always called those dry weather showers.
      Now we have missed rain on pretty good chances doesn't bode well.

Comment

• LOL IADave . Sounds to me like you better take a breather . Don't want you to overdo it !

Although it drizzled thru the night and we do have some small puddles it only amounted to about .1 to .2 of rain .
        Today makes 41 years that my starter bride and I tied the knot . Time does fly when your having fun !

Comment

• Happy Anniversary Dan and Terresa

Glad we got some rain last night. puddles and water holes wwere just about dried up. was getting a little dry LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by dan11 View Post
            LOL IADave . Sounds to me like you better take a breather . Don't want you to overdo it !

Although it drizzled thru the night and we do have some small puddles it only amounted to about .1 to .2 of rain .
            Today makes 41 years that my starter bride and I tied the knot . Time does fly when your having fun !
            41 years! Congrats! I'm sure there's been more than a little bit of mud on the driveway over the years, but as they say, "the couple that trucks together.."LOL

Comment

• Congratulations on the 41 years! That is truly a feat in todays world!

Comment

• Well I did some procrastinating today . I put it off and put it off . I mean for petes sake its June 12 ! But as with most procrastinating , it just put off the inevitable . Soooooo , I finally went down and built a fire in the stove again . So far it seems to be another one of those years where I'm not sure if I have enough fire wood to get thru summer !!
                Only got into the 50s today . Its 47 right now . Rained most of the day . Got about 1.2in. of rain . Damp and cold , feels like fall . The forecast for the immediate is not much better . No nice dry or warm temps ahead yet .

Thanks to all who wished my bride and I a happy anniversary . We went out for dinner , had a nice time !
                Last edited by dan11; 06-12-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Guess I thought you would be igniting some kind of anniversary fires, but to each his own! We had the warmest day of the year yesterday, I saw 88, upper 50's overnight. We could really use a good rain, but since we do irrigate, heat and manmade water always produces the best crops...especially when the highs stay below 80 degrees. NOBODY said it was the most PROFITABLE crop! Up here on the 49th parallel, our daylight is really long in May, June, and July. [don't mention Dec!] Question, do any of you use Agrotain on your fertilizer to decrease your losses?

Comment

• LOL there Percy .

Did some spraying this morning . Late planted corn looks better than the early planted corn . Its 55 out and raining ...........

Again !

Comment

• Haven't had a chance to look at all my acres but corn that last saw a week ago isn't much bigger with the cool weather. My fishing trip to brainerd usually makes it pop up haven't seen if beans made it to sunshine. Sitting in hospital room waiting for boy to wake up from surgery and dad gets the cot in hospital room shift tonight so wont be in the fields checking tomorrow eithe.
                      Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• FR , Sorry to hear that your son is in the Hospital . Sure hope everything went O.K. Your crops will be there when you get home . You are in the most important place , and where you should be , with your son and family . Our Best to your son , and family .

Comment

• He had the surgery planned awhile ago. He had serious under bite where top teeth behind lower the cut his upper jaw pulled it out and rotated so top teeth line up with straight bottom teeth. Liquid diet for two weeks then six weeks of liquid or mashed potatoes. He is a tough little #$%@ says his pain is only a six or seven
                          Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• fr, hope all is well with your son. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Rained most of the day will into the night. had 25ac of beans left to plant on Wed. but rain came 2hrs to soon. I guess we're throwing in the towelle. done

Percy, we'ved used Agritain when we side dress urea on corn . it gives you a window for rain to soak it in protects from volitisation

Comment

• Duke, it looks like you're gwanna get a little window to get r' done today! We seem to think that Agrotain is worth the extra bucks when we broadcast urea on grass. I spread a 40 last nig ht that we will irrigate this next week, so we won't evaporate the urea. God's air conditioning is working real good right now...50 degrees, overcast, heading for the low 70's most of next week, with a chance of rain next Thursday. My lawn has slowed down this week, didn't like those 3 days of 85+.with a stiff breeze.

Comment

• rain again this am what a surprise
                                tractor ride went very good yesterday. 19 tractors most were pulling wagons or trailers with family and friends or anybody who just wanted to come along. the ride took 5hrs, stopping at 3 bars along the way. ended back in Advance for alot of good conversation and a great lunch put on by Take A Chance bar. had alot of fun. good community get together

Comment

Working...
                                X