From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan11 View Post
    IADAVE , That is my thought too on a car down south . Only this time I won't come back till its warm , really warm .

As for what you think is a pillow issue . I just thought that was normal . Heck I wake up quit often with feathers in my mouth . Never realized other guys had the same issue . My wife , with a big smile on her face , just says must be a guy thing , she has never had that problem before .

FR , Don't miss cattle at all and the ol horse just died . Don't see any livestock of any kind in my immediate future . We have got where we enjoy traveling or trucking and any animal is a responsibility . I salute all you farmers who raise livestock . Don't matter what kind , It is a BIG job and responsibility . I have milked cows most of my life and wife and I milked on our own for 30 years . There were a lot of great enjoyable days . There were also some real tough , miserable days , and you are never , never paid enough for everything you endure with livestock .
    Hats off to you all !
    Are you and the misses getting along ?? There might be more to the smile on her face ! I never in my life have owned life insurance. Any temptation like that might be just enough to put her over the top and I'll be suffocating under my pillow too !! haha

Comment

• When we got married I told my wife no life insurance. Now she knows why.

Comment

• well the last few days have been nothing but rain and not real warm . easter sunday supposed to be in the 60's. wishing it to get warmer so I can put the boat in itchin to go fishin

Comment

• everyone must so busy planting they don't have time to post. planted 15 acres of oats today for our parking lot
          little bit of rain this afternoon and some snow on Sat.

Comment

• Sounds like oat planting weather for sure!

Comment

• Busy day transplanting and planting flowers. Most mulched garden are frozen after digging 5 inches. Oh and trying to fix machinery. that is worthless and very unlikely to get sold. The joys of retirement

A few people have been chiseling the driest fields around. I went to the local tavern for dinner and visiting. Not a happy place

Comment

• This place is like a ghost town anymore . Where is Nebbychicken or anyone from FJ to explain what is going on or how they are going to improve things here ? Lots of people CAN'T get on , and , it is even more user UNfriendly than it was before ! Knock , Knock FJ . Any one there home , or care ?

Pretty cold here , down in the low 30s right now . Supposed to get snow through the southern part of Wisc and Lower Mich. this weekend . I do know of some corn and potatoes that were planted in south west lower Michigan . No dirt here in da U.P. being worked that I know of yet . Long range forecast has no real warm temps for us here .

Comment

• Talking big snow for northeast Iowa also. Glad I don't live there..Lots of guys planting corn. Probably some beans also.As usual I am 2 weeks behind. I am still doing dirt work Heck"! I guess I am farther behind than that. I just looked out the window and the combine is still sitting in front of the shop waiting to get cleaned up!
                  How is the car buying going Dan? Did the scones and chocolate milk work?
                  Glad some one else posted. I was starting to think this place was on a several day time delay
                  Last edited by iadave; 04-27-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• IADave , Its lucky for me that my wife is as big a tight wad as I am . We have found a couple cars that were, " THE CAR " .Well , both times something came up that demanded immediate attention that day . And as can be expected when we called back the next day they were as gone as yesterday . Sooooo , no car yet . Good thing we don't do a lot of driving . Put less than 6400 miles on our car last year that was wrecked .

We're not buying brand new but looking at late model , low mile SUVs . The thing that really trips our trigger is the fact that the semi I bought , which is a 2013 and in excellent condition with 10 brand new tires , cost LESS than a lot of same age or slightly newer SUVs that are NOT even half the animal that semi is . AND , the semi makes me money ( I Hope ) , where as a personal vehicle just depreciates .

Comment

• I quit looking at used a long time ago. It seems foolish to buy a car priced within a thousand dollars of new that has 20 - 30,000 miles on it. Even our old car valued at 1/3 of what we paid for a new replacement seems over valued. It had 145,000 on it.
                      I always used to buy something that had a hundred thousand or so on it for a few thousand, run it until the rust got bad and then sell it cheap. Now a vehicle with 100,000 miles is still priced at 1/2 the price of new. In fact the last 2 vehicles we bought new, we paid less for than some of the used ones we looked at.

Comment

• I agree with the car being overpriced compared to a truck. Also the parts for the truck are a lot less.
                        According to several small business owners I have talked to,their cost per mile to run a pickup is more than my cost to run my semi!

Comment

• Was glad to have da Duke and Jason stop in this past week . You don't quit laughing when Duke and his entire family are around . Its always a good time .

A few people tried to scratch some ground the last couple days but Still really wet and CCCCOLD ! Went and picked a few stones with skidsteer yesterday . I am always envious of some of you farmers who can't find a stone in the field . Then it started snowing , sleeting and raining . Cold , overcast and Raining again today . Water standing in a lot of fields and small amounts of snow in some shaded places still . Shaping up to be a late spring here .

Comment

• Raining today so I went to the effort of trying to be able to get logged on to this site again. Guess my persistence paid off. Had a couple of dry weeks to try to do 6 weeks of work. Needless to say it didn't get done. Had 2 inches in the rain gauge this morning and haven't looked to see what we've added today. No more field work going to happen here for awhile again. A lot of corn been planted locally. Some guys went balls to the wall. Some haven't started yet. Sounds like some nasty weather in parts of the country. Keep and eye to the sky and the weather radio on if you're in one of those areas.

Comment

• at the moment this is the most ****ed up site I have ever bin on I just was able to get on yesterday 4450 and you can not find your self on this site now pitiful just plain pitiful-----------------------------------------dave --------------oh its raining here too looking for5 to 7

Comment

• Glad you guys made it on. It has been kinda boring here with just me ,myself and I!

Comment

Working...
                                X