No announcement yet.

From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope they do Dennis ! lol couldn't think of a better place for the white chit

Comment

calling for rain tonight with a chance of that white stuff, I will share ECI!

Comment

I am disappointed with ECI! Wanting all the snow to stay in Iowa! Denying his dobies a chance to play in the snow! Just so he can combine a few more bushel of grain that there is to much of any way. What a shame....

Comment

Well Crap . Just looked out the door Its snowing here too . The deck is white . Man , I hate winter .
          The past week we have had between 8.5 to 9 inches of rain . Have a neighbor 1/4 mile down the road who lives just off the river about 40 yards . I see he has sand bagged his place as the river was only about 10 ft. from the house .
          Have just started combining and drying corn but thats as far as its got , Just started .

Comment

IADave , Check your PM , sending you one .

Comment

Rained pretty much all last week and now we got our first freeze/frost. 30 degrees this morning. Very very little cotton harvested yet. Most corn is out and not any milo harvested that I am aware of. More chances of rain all week.

Comment

Started out yesterday as rain, changed to snow mid afternoon. Don't know how much rain, turned the gauge over so it wouldn't freeze. Doesn't matter at this point, it's so soaked. Snowed some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen and really got with the program for awhile. Ground was warm enough most melted. About an inch on the ground this morning. Trees and everything covered with snow. Air is still, pretty sunrise in the east. This would be a picture card morning if the fields weren't full of beans, corn and milo.

Comment

3 in the gauge this morning this is fast turning into the harvest from Hel l------------------------------------------dave

Comment

Harvest has been great here! Not one break down! No running after dark or long lines at the elevator either!

Comment

2 days of mist = 2 tenths -- Sun suppose to come out today + 20 mph wind - looking at 2 to 3 to try them - yes - I drying them - as I have all the beans I have cut this fall - I will say that these are the chittest beans I have cut in many - many - may years !!!!!!!! Seed looks like crap = from bean leaf beetles - stink bugs - add in some frogeye leaf spot - charcoal rot - S Deficiency you name it - to raise chitty beans - you need to cover all bases !

BTW - some of my best raising bean ground = 49 bpa ! best fields so far 57 - I'm in my last 150 @ so far - looking at 47 to 49 bpa

Comment

at least someone is happy!, I would take 47 bu crappy beans all day long

Comment

I just checked some of my beans. I was surprised. The only popping was where the deer ran through. except for the spot some one drove their vehicle:{
                          So far I haven't found any poor quality where I have checked. The beans were dry enough to combine where they were standing, of course all the ones on the ground are still wet. I suspect I will have to get them when they average out.
                          Of course I think the ground is to wet to run but many are.

Comment

Beans are still so swollen they could be used for kidney transplants for little people.

Some people are doing corn on the driest ground around here.

There was a song years ago called 'Slippin and a slidin' Also could be called grain harvesting 2018. going sideways faster than going forward

Comment

all our late planted beans got freeze ripened on Tuesday am, but it still didn't get cold enough to kill the stalks yet, seen a field of flowers that looked very tuff, still a lot of yellow on them

Comment

Just jumped on the four wheeler to go check a field out back on the neighbors. Had to drive across a field of my wheat to get there. Had to put the four wheeler in 4 wd just to get across the wheat. Figured no point of going any further. Maybe Saturday if the rain misses us.

Comment

Working...
                                X