No announcement yet.

From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like to look at those bucks. If am going to eat one it will be a doe that know where some ones feed bunk is!
    On the headless deer. I guess I just can't see. The head was attached today. Some speculation that it may not have been dead and drug itself a ways. It left a 40 ft trail of blood about 18 inches wide for sure
    Last edited by iadave; 11-15-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• back to the Harvest from Hel l it continues we have had so much rain for such a long time that the ground profile is full full full to the point it will not hold the combines up we stuck both machines yesterday mannnnnnnn this is getting old it will be July before these ruts dry enough to work smooth-----------------------------------dave

Comment

• I agree 479, here its nothing but mud. ground froze will carry combine in places but then you fall thru your stuck and deep. 280ac of beans left. head broke down last night so fix this morning andhope to get more done. there saying 2in snow tomorrow thats not good when doing beans

stay safe down there and good luck The Duke

Comment

• I think I can get more done in the BEER joint---------------------------------dave

Comment

• I think I got done with beans tonight. Monitor says I have about 15 acres left but I sure didn't find them tonight in the dark. Rained the last 2 hours I combined. The ground was already thawed on top with frost underneath. I will say I drove over them rather than combined them! The Macdon is a good head but when you are sliding 20 mph down hill it just doesn't do that great of a job!

Comment

• we progress on now down to 150 to go have a 10 mile move planed today -----------------------------------dave

Comment

• 175ac of beans to go. 8 different farms. damn mud. lucky now I can carry on the frost

Comment

• 200 acres of milo to go, finished one field yesterday..in the dark, moved everything home for the expected "wet" week end.

40 acres a day, takes awhile, gets tough about sundown..cuts beautiful 30 minutes before...

currently 29F 90% overcast n29 gusting 39mph, forecast for moisture by noon...expected clearing Sunday night...

Comment

• ran across this a minute ago, haven't paid attention to this for a long time...50 years to find my name...lol

a lot better sitting in a chair in a warm house than out there today!

https://www.hayspost.com/2018/11/17/...tral-missouri/

being played at Indianapolis at this time..

Comment

• well we got 3 farms done today which amouted to 40ac lot of road traval. deer hunting started today so I got a lot of dirty looks when I plulled into the fields. gotta do whot ya gotta do
                      alest I can carry thru the wet spots pretty good ground pretty frozen back at it in the morning I'm going to the bar
                      my brother got a buck today
                      stay safe guys and gals The Duke

Comment

• What Dennis, you didn't listen to K State beat Texas Tech? Wonder how the Snyder bashers will negatively spin this. They weren't suppose to win. Especially that sports writer, Tim Fitzgerald.. K State should fire Snyder and hire this guy as head coach. He has all the answers. Just listen to him for a little bit. He'll tell you. I'd like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth. I could retire.

Comment

• I haven't heard from the local k-st know it all about a lot of stuff, he was wanting the coaches head just over a week ago...I'll have to swallow my pride and visit face book
                          and see how smart he is this week.. lol

We missed out on any snow, or moisture this week end, but got the humidity and COLD, guessing I'll start servicing the combine tomorrow...with today's daytime temp
                          to be just over, chit, they raised it to 39 now! Might look at the combine if that is correct...

Deer hunters are here, won't be done with milo by Thanksgiving, goal is now by December...

getting text messages and pics of snow up nort aways, some NOT so far nort.. I-55 through pldairy...

Comment

• Took a 60 mile road trip east Sat. for a new pair of work boots. Took a different route over and back part of the way. Was surprised to see the amount of harvesting still going on. Saw fields of milo, corn and soybeans. Suppose the beans are double crop. From the road looked like the milo was still standing decent. Only guys left cutting here are the big operators or some guys that didn't plant any wheat so had every acre in row crop. Looks like I won't be the only one hooking on to the no-till disk next spring to try to fix the mess we made harvesting. Would sure like to get that job done before spring but don't know that mother nature is going to allow that.

Comment

• Bill you are funny you have no idea how bad it is in places I wish I could send you some photos it may be July before this place drys up-------------------------------dave

Comment

• Down to 75ac of beans to go, still have 95 ac of flowers yet and then the rest of the corn. had a rocky start today with alot of frost on the beans and one minor breakdown. ddidn't get started till noon finally got dry enough to go'
                                keep plugin away and stay safe The Duke

Comment

Working...
                                X