From the Weather Office ECI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Weather Office ECI

A Floating Casket Warning has been issued For Most of Arkansas starting tonight at 8p.m. till Thursday - 8 p.m.

If you see floating caskets - remember - turn around - if you don't - you may be in one !

From The East Central Indiana Weather service

That's for sure - Gordon will track over some ground already soaked from the storm currently stretching from
    Oklahoma all the way to Michigan and southern Canada. Was checking fields yesterday cuz I sure won't want
    to today. Gonna be some big ruts in the sweet corn fields. Those guys don't stop until they're under water.

Comment

Looks like Peeler and Rfarmgirl may have hired "Gordon" to wash the outside of their Fla. residence..I hope his rates are reasonable!

Comment

Peeler and Rfarmgirl have place in FL? Awesome! Maybe we're neighbors.

September 11 last year we watched Irma bear down on our place in Marco Island...that really sucked. I'm pretty sure my first coconut harvest wound up in Cuba.

My buddy in Wilmington, NC called. 2-4 feet of rain predicted in his backyard by the time Florence runs out of gas...that'll float a few caskets.

Comment

kensheep1.jpgWatch out for those weather sheep

Comment

If you aren't neighbors now may be your houses will be next to each other after the storm!

Comment

We ended up with 5.25 inch's from Gordon + a inch the days before He got here - boy it sure was wet - I was talking to a good friend a few days ago - he said he had over 6 in July - over 6 in Aug and we have already had 6.25 this month - Maybe some out flow from Flo = 2 or 3 tenths -

tis the season now ! Had to let Ali out to potty around midnight - I asked her what is that sound ???? It was Agnut's dryer singing her song - to me - this summer just flew on by .

Comment

Now ECI, just cuz you consider your dogs your kids,[that's okay by me], what part of me doesn't comprehend you getting up at midnight to "let 'em out"? Now I've met your dad, really too nice of a guy to be your pop, LOL, but if he was up at midnight because of his kid, I'm willing to put money on it it wasn't to help you into the house!! Could be that one of those episodes is what screwed your spelling all up!! Weatherwise, our drought is broken..2 inches in 2 weeks, and currently raining, but no mud yet.

Comment

We have had 3.5 inches in Sept.That doubles July and August.We had a pretty bad wind event in early august. "Here".Shelling 100 to 130 Bu.down corn that is 55 /lb. test wt.Dirty chitt

Comment

Holy Crap ! Just checked the rain gauge . So far today we now have got 4.2 inches of rain and more on the way . Just got about 3in. in about an hour . It was a duck drowner . No combining for a while . Hard to believe way up here we are under a tornado watch in Oct . We have been plenty wet this fall . Oh well ........... ITS NOT SNOW !!!!!!!

Comment

Bet you guys would have enjoyed picking pumpkins from 40 inches of snow. [sarcasm] Its still early in the year so you'll dry out. Just keep bagging and selling that dear corn.

The dear around here seem to harvest pretty well by themselves. As far as baiting its illegal [sarcasm] But reAlly all you need to do is park by a uncombined bean field and take your pick.If its not hunting season just drive past and they run out and jump in front of your car. sometimes the deer were injured before the accident.

Really its been a weird year. Too dry for weeks and then we drowned for a day or two. Then back to being too dry. Year will end up average just everything happened at the wrong time. We were wet before the last nearly 3 inches, so now we will need a combine life preserver

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Dan!
                        I haven't turned a wheel. In fact the harvest equipment is all sitting where I shut it off last fall. [:

Comment

I'll bet you got snow this morning. Guy was here from Florence WI had 3 in last night. We had rain over night. Was combining corn yesterday 22% M have just about 100 ac off. 125 ac of sunflowers off. no beans yet. changing some semi tires today.
                          still selling pumpkins everyday too

Comment

IMG_7257.jpgIMG_7266.jpg

SFMan ,aka The Duke , No snow here . Some light sleet this morning . Saw on the news They got snow to our Nort . A sign of things to come . Am NOT looking forward to winter but I guess its coming . Have not started combining yet here . Was hoping to start this week . Pumpkins and deer corn taking all our time here too .

I had said in an earlier post that on Wednesday we got 4.2 in. of rain , ended up with 4.5 . About 3.5 of that came in about 11/2 hour . About 3/4 mile behind us road commission put a new bridge over the Escanaba river . The bridge was all done and this past Monday they paved the bridge approaches . Project almost done ! Then the Rain . It undermined the road and washed out the new north side bridge approaches . Now i guess there is a whizzing match over whose fault it was and who has to stand the cost , Engineer , excavator , paver , or the county road commission . Somebody better make some decisions . Cold weather is coming .

Sorry the pics are sideways . Wifey can't figure out how to get them turned . Tilt your head .

Comment

It's the people live there's fault, they should've ponied up for a long bridge.
                              Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

Working...
                              X