Atta boy ses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atta boy ses

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="5"]Way to go ses. Many of you saw the Picts of the new all steel building ses is putting up. NOT just a package but built from scratch, rafters the whole deal from raw steel. Nice size too. Hope ses will post a few of them.

Any way great looking so far.

ATTA BOY
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Here's a pic of the shop we're building, I hope. Gotta do the one at a time I guess. Anyhow.....

This is us just getting started. It's 60X100X18. We built everything from raw steel like 55 said. Just my son, my wife some (quite a bit), and I. Gonna take a while.

Comment

This is the second picture.

Comment

This is the final product. We're going to cover the sides with tar paper and tie some of those blue tarps down for a roof and call it good.

Comment

Wow!!! Very nice!! Worth a trip down to visit sometime!

Comment

Nice job ses. It make you feel good to build from scratch like that. About 12 years ago we lossed our barn in a wind storm and rebuilt a Milking parlor and a 70 x 160 freestall barn, and that was not a packages deal. We did all the work, with help from some friends. One day I'll try to post pictures.

Great Job..Keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know you had the willpower and talent to get that big project done. Maybe you can have an all Ag Web party the day you want to hang the tarp.

That looks like it will be a great building.
              “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by jabber1 View Post
                Wow, I didn't know you had the willpower and talent to get that big project done. Maybe you can have an all Ag Web party the day you want to hang the tarp.

That looks like it will be a great building.
                Jabber Kiss my butt.

If'n yalls will stare at the last picture and the rafter closest to you, stuck your thumb up yous azz while whistling Dixie backwards while at the same time holding your tongue just right you'll notice some upward notches in the end rafter. That's where we're gonna put the end columns before we hang the door. Soon's we get that done we're gonna tarpaper it.

Comment

ses: Nice job but I don't think you made it strong enough. JK. Will prolly be the designated bomb shelter for your county.

Comment

you putting a concert floor on that that you could doubble it as a skatrink------ how about a bifold door that make her look classy-------------------dave

Comment

Ses, it looks real nice but if you don't gets some cross bracing on that thing before a high wind it's going to domino on ya and fold like an accordion. Believe it or not it causes more turbulence with out the shell.

Sorry but I'd hate to see you lose it... and you better get a small construction policy from your insurance company... it won't cost you much. And if OSHA catches you in that man boom like that again with no tether or harness you'll be fined out of business.

Other than that it appears you are brilliant and may just be a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by verbatime View Post
                        Ses, it looks real nice but if you don't gets some cross bracing on that thing before a high wind it's going to domino on ya and fold like an accordion. Believe it or not it causes more turbulence with out the shell.

Sorry but I'd hate to see you lose it... and you better get a small construction policy from your insurance company... it won't cost you much. And if OSHA catches you in that man boom like that again with no tether or harness you'll be fined out of business.

Other than that it appears you are brilliant and may just be a genius.
                        Verb, we did brace it with cable after we took the pictures. I didn't realize you couldn't use a man cage on their telehandler until I was ready to send it back and asked the guy if they had one to use. Live and learn I guess. I'll check on the insurance. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I should have known you braced it.... good job.

Comment

Originally posted by davidm479 View Post
                            you putting a concert floor on that that you could doubble it as a skatrink------ how about a bifold door that make her look classy-------------------dave
                            Dave: All the bi-fold doors in this area blew off years ago. Plus, can't get the combine in.

Comment

ses looked at a few bi-folds...saw him at an auction once, the time he Mexican style hauled 4 tractor tires and dual rims stacked
                              4 high on his pu back to my place on his way home...he can build the single hydraulic door himself...as long as he doesn't
                              use JD hydraulic cylinders that have the inside retaining ring. Found out the insurance on a fully enclosed building is less
                              that when they are open sided or ended...and I asked about using tarps for the doors...not for the insurance break. I tried.

GREAT JOB ses!

Comment

Working...
                              X