I Graduated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Graduated

I graduated from college in 1968. Today I graduated again, abeit, it was from the cancer survival program at our local hospital. I am one of the
    lucky ones. Detected in time, five years ago this month, I had surgery for two types of cancer, first melanoma, then colon cancer. I was lucky, I beat
    the odds. God was with us. A friend of mines wife, in pre-op with me,five years ago, died two years ago. i was given a second chance at life.
    I thank my surgeon, who was a classmate of one of my children for saving my life. Every day is a gift. I rented out a lot of my land for next year. Yesterday
    I hauled the rest of my cattle to the sale barn, today I drained the cattle fountains. When (and if) we get the crop out, we are on our way to a warmer climate.. Enjoy every day, because it is a gift from God. I know, because I am a recipient of this gift.

Congrats, Choreboy. Enjoy your retirement.Let us know where you end up.

Comment

Congrats Choreboy, getting rid of livestock renting out you farm you'll have change your name here on agweb to honeydoboyšŸ‘
      Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

Congrats Choreboy, You earned your diploma. Now is the time to see how the people live an have real free time. Our roads all come to an end. Be happy and enjoy the scenery

Comment

Its always delightful to hear a report such as yours, Choreboy. Today I'll go see my brother-in-law who will start chemo Fri. for stage 4 'some kind of cancer' for a tumor in his lung, and spots on his liver. They gave him 6 weeks to live without chemo, a year with it. His procedure will be done in Seattle. For you?, Happy Trails.

Comment

Choreboy , That is the kind of post my wife and I like and enjoy reading . Congratulations and Best wishes , You and your family certainly have earned some well deserved relaxation !
            Be sure to keep posting here . We enjoy hearing where all , and how good folks are relaxing and enjoying their lives .Thanks for the good news post here today !

Comment

Congratulations Chorboy, soon to be known a honeydoboy! LOL What a great announcement!

Comment

I like good news Chorboy that great news now I have a confession to make to everyone I too had round of that stuff back in 12 had a three month check up and DOC caught a high p blood count then referred me to another Doc who confirmed it and in turn sent me to a surgeon the next week who scheduled surgery the next day ----I have bin cancer free ever since-- enjoy life you earned it ---------------------------------dave

Comment

Working...
                X