No announcement yet.

Reality time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There wouldn't be the need for all these tariffs , IF , our politicians , President included , would step up to the plate and do something to discourage and prevent American companies from moving to other countries .
    I had a pretty regular haul from the U.P. to Spencer Iowa hauling casting parts to the " Eaton " plant there . Loved the run . Most generally picked up a load of high quality cheese in Hull Iowa and brought it back to Wisc. A nice 2 day run . Paid well and steady .
    Eventually I started having 2 Bill of Laidings going to Eaton . Some of the castings stayed in Spencer Iowa at Eaton and the rest were being transfered to ....... MEXICO !!!!!
    I heard the rumors about the Spencer Eaton plant closing , and eventually they did . Now all those parts go to Mexico then get shipped back here after more machining and assembly .
    Companies need to be penalized for taking American jobs , Business , and Products to other countries just to ship back to the good ol US customers just for company and share holder profits .
    Think of all the products that used to be made here providing jobs and benefits that has been moved out of country . I think its UnAmerican !

Comment

Just remember Dan what Perot said about the original nafta. There would be a giant sucking sound of jobs leaving this country. The kook was right.

Comment

Ya 4450 I do remember . What ever happened to Ol Ross anyhow ?

Comment

A while back we hauled 90 railcars of steel to a local firm. All the writing was in Arabic. Very little steel is made in the US.
          A humorous side note. At least to me. The steel coils comes in cans. The cans have water lines on them from being under water on the ships and barges. Last batch we hauled were sitting outside at the destination. We HAVE to tarp them for the 30 minutes they are on the truck.
          With our labor laws and EPA it is a wonder anything is made here.
          Last edited by iadave; 06-10-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X