No announcement yet.

Tariffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course, there might be a couple who want to argue with this, BUT I can't Hear YOU !
    I am reluctant to say that food is the new weapon, because I believe it is pretty easy, throughout history, to identify where food was used as a weapon. However,

Comment

If you fix something yourself, its expensive, or should I say the parts are expensive. Here, if you go to the dealer, its now one six zero per hour labor rate. If I ever
      needed an incentive to retire, or become a mechanic, there it is. When I started farming in 69, shop labor was $10.00 per hour. Jr and I try to do everything ourselves
      now. ps, rained out, hauling corn. Basis widened nearly as much as the market went up today.

Comment

Wife went to town couple days ago . Got some groceries and a few farm supplies . She came home growling that the price of EVERYTHING had gone up . She started checking prices on things she bought and the same items she had previously bought , and she was right , most everything had a price increase .
        Makes me think these tariffs and tariff talk is just a good excuse to raise prices and increase profits for many businesses whether or not they are effected by the tariffs .

Comment

You are right Dan. Last year I shared with everyone on AW about revamping my tie stalls rather than replacing them. I did have to replace the water pipes though. Because of tariffs the price on 1 inch galv. pipe went from $2 per foot to $3 per foot nearly immediately. The local hardware store , yes I did give my business to the small town hardware store , the owner searched everywhere but ALL steel pipe went up 50% both foreign and domestic.Seems when you raise the prices on one source you just gave the opportunity for the others to rape all customers and point to tariffs as the fall guy. Trade wars have NEVER accomplished the desired affect - EVER - in the history of the world. It always ends up being a death by self inflicted wound. Suicide .

Nearly every economist warned of this except for a few cowards didn't have the guts to tell the emperor "You sir have no clothes !"

sad .....the results of the tariffs AND the image of our emperor naked . Yikes !
          Last edited by RON11; 05-22-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I think you guys are missing a big part of the price game...Increase in your minimum wage. Gas and diesel prices get changed daily, but inventory products make big, infrequent jumps. Have you been to your parts counter lately? Implement dealers aren't selling their new rolling stock, so to exist they will raise other prices.Our economy IS booming, just not in rural ag.

Comment

Originally posted by RON11 View Post
              You are right Dan. Last year I shared with everyone on AW about revamping my tie stalls rather than replacing them. I did have to replace the water pipes though. Because of tariffs the price on 1 inch galv. pipe went from $2 per foot to $3 per foot nearly immediately. The local hardware store , yes I did give my business to the small town hardware store , the owner searched everywhere but ALL steel pipe went up 50% both foreign and domestic.Seems when you raise the prices on one source you just gave the opportunity for the others to rape all customers and point to tariffs as the fall guy. Trade wars have NEVER accomplished the desired affect - EVER - in the history of the world. It always ends up being a death by self inflicted wound. Suicide .

Nearly every economist warned of this except for a few cowards didn't have the guts to tell the emperor "You sir have no clothes !"

sad .....the results of the tariffs AND the image of our emperor naked . Yikes !

LMAO ronny, how many economist do you know who made their "riches" through private enterprise....betting you will have to say, what they have accumulated has been through
              the hands and eyes of "GOVERNMENT" funding, starting with their own wages/salaries.

Comment

Working...
              X