Tariffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tariffs

[h=1]U.S. Gives China a Month for Trade Deal as Talks DeadloKed--------------------DAVE-----------------------SO WE WATE SOME MORE-----------------5-11-19[/h]
    Last edited by davidm479; 05-11-2019, 09:02 AM.

Going to be waiting a lot longer than a month. I agree with the opinion that the Chinese can out wait trump to help get him gone so they can go back to the way it was. Better sharpen your pencil boys and get the calculator out. Those guys in marketing over on NAT talk about cycles and I think china deal or not, we're entering a period that's going to be a rough haul.

Comment

Why would they end the trade war? Both governments are raking in money from tariffs. Politicians can make the market move at will for their personal gain. No reason to change things!

Comment

This is how stories get started, and the headline is NOT what WE heard when we attended the meeting,
        BUT journalism has to get things stirred in "their" agenda's direction...the article is explained better
        than the headline!
        Farmers buffeted by depressed market prices, trade disputes and weather MANHATTAN, Kan. – Kansas net farm income rose last year ...Read More.

Comment

"Average 'net' farm income climbed to $100,000". Man am I doing something wrong.

Comment

More farmers have off farm income!

Comment

China does not know what honoring a deal is. I don't think it's in their vocabular.

Comment

When reading the article, how many let it sink in, 2015 the incomes were declining....THAT was BEFORE Obumer left office, BUT President Trump gets the BLAME for tarrifs,
                LMAO at the whiners.

Comment

Yes but the economy was improving. Now look at it. That's Obamba's doing, not Donald.

Comment

Sure honoring a deal is in China's vocabulary. they TALK about it all the time. Now the action part of that might be a different story!

Comment

So how is it bad to have tariffs on steel imports if it forces OUR mines to open back up , hire people , pay good wages with benefits AND , the product is better quality than the garbage steel we have been getting from over seas ? And that question applies to a lot of other products where we have let production leave our country .

Comment

I was quite intrigued this spring when we ordered new disk blades to redo a Sunflower disk. We ordered them through The John Deere winter/ spring catalog. They are not made in China, Mexico, or Brazil; They are stamped Product of USA!

Comment

GEEEEEZE PERCY....what model of antique disk blades did you have to go to? LMAO Was the shipping box completely wood or modern version of wood frame and cardboard lined?

The last time we did a re-blade, the new ones were bundled together with eye bolts, heavier than most men normally attempt to carry without help..mechanically..

Comment

Ours were picked up at our JD dealer. They wouldn't let me have the fancy wood shipping crate, so I made them find a throw away pallet to set in the back of my pickup. They came in stacks of 25, with 20 of them cone down, and 5 cone up, so you could narrow up the forks and move them that way. the 1 3/4 centers made 2 thick washers bend pretty good.

Comment

LMAO PERCY, someone must have done an efficiency survey and decided/found to many hours lost with one operator getting off and on chaining hook to eye bolt...

Good idea, but I suppose the amount of space per weight is justified..

lol

Comment

Working...
                              X