No announcement yet.

The constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4450, in late July the Trump Administration proposed a cut to SNAP benefits that the USDA says would take away benefits from 3 million Americans. We are currently in a 60 day comment period. One other point is that I doubt we've ever had so many former industry lobbyists now running government agencies. The corporate give-aways run amok.

Comment

• My dad was at one time was on the school board, farm bureau rep at the state level (even testified in front of legislative committee hearings regarding animal units and permits for livestock operations back in the seventies) then township supervisor for fifteen years. Just the time and headaches involved was enormous in those situations I cant imagine what it's like in Washington d.c. Just makes me wonder if the really smart leaders stay out of politics for these reasons leaving us with the crap that's left over fighting for their minute of air time in every 24 hr day. Plus we went as chaperones for the eighth grade field trip to DC in June, it's no wonder everyone is miserable having to wear a suit in that sauna of a city. Made me appreciate Minnesota that much more.
      Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• A BLANTANT STOMP IN THE FACE [SIZE=3]Constitution[SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/SIZE] THIS MORNING TRUMP ASKING CHINA THE INVESTAGTE BIDEN and on TV for every one to see I bet tomorrow he will say he did not do it and people will believe him he the supreme being ------------------------------dave
        Last edited by davidm479; 10-03-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Trump says he'll sign any trade deal China wants if they investigate Biden---well, maybe he did not actually say that, but....

Comment

• FF , in some of your posts I think you feel if a D says or does it , its good . If a R says or does it its bad . I hope not . I do not feel that way . I have seen good and bad done by BOTH parties . The problem with being totally party loyal is exactly what has got us into todays cluster ***** .
            Your comments about unions IMHO is very short sighted and narrow minded , but , not entirely wrong . Have you ever been a union member ? A large no. of my family are UAW members and many ,many ,moons back my wife was a Teamster member . I personally know MANY union members who voted for " the right to work " , for Trump , and who's support of there union is tepid at best . When formed unions were needed . Work and safety conditions were terrible and wage and benefits just made it so you HAD to keep coming back to work , if they didn't fire you . Sounds kinda like farming !! BUT , the unions have also gone way out of control too . When employees can not be fired due to real safety concerns ( Alcohol , drugs ) or true performance issues , thats wrong . And some of there wage and benefit demands have grown outrageous also . Just like with our politicians there is right and wrong on BOTH sides .

So far as food issues , I have no problem giving people a HAND UP when truly needed , not a HAND OUT . You and I both know if we will be honest about it that right here in this country a LOT of free food is wasted and misused and abused . Here we have " Feeding America " programs . I have flat out seen large portions of food go to people who totally CAN afford food , people who sell it , people who barter with it , and people who feed it to animals and wildlife . They can not ask people their income status as that would be discriminatory or make people feel bad , sooo , everyone gets FREE food . I am not hard hearted and cruel , but I also believe able bodied people who can , should work for their living . Far to often though now days people don't . Just because thats easier .

Comment

• Fox News' Shep Smith and to some extent Chris Wallace have been going after Trump pretty hard, but Judge Andrew Napolitano lays out the case very nicely. "That conversation manifested both criminal and impeachable behavior. The criminal behavior to which Trump has admitted is much more grave than anything alleged or unearthed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and much of what Mueller revealed was impeachable." He also said, "The President's allusions to violence are palpably dangerous." "They will give cover to crazies who crave violence, as other intemperate words of his have done." I can not understand how anyone can not see that Trump is a very mentally sick individual.

Comment

• Dan, I don't know what you are talking about with the "can not ask people their income status"? I assume you are talking about non-government programs, because government programs insist on income status for SNAP benefits. Of course unions are not perfect--nothing is. Trump is apparently very good at one thing--conning people. I don't understand it, but it is quite certainly true and yes, many union people were badly conned. I see so few good republicans now days. Now they either support Trump or they are too cowardly to speak up. There are some democrats who could just as well call themselves republicans, but I see the majority as decent folks. As I said with Trump's latest proposal to cut food stamps from 3 million, these are cuts to working people who don't make a lot of money. And one thing we are and will be stuck with is lots of low wage jobs. If wages are too high, one of two things will happen. Either the jobs will go to another nation or robotics will take the jobs. We are going to need to have government help for low wage workers. There is no doubt about that.

Comment

• In February, 2016 3 republican Senators, Ron Johnson, Rod Portman, and Mark Kirk, along with 5 democrats sent then President of Ukraine a letter asking them to make "urgent reforms" to the prosecutor general's office.

Comment

• meanwhile, just read this and make your own mind up about impeachment proceedings etc.

Comment

• Well, it's going to be interesting to see the Senate Impeachment vote. We know that Trump is guilty in so many ways and has had corrupt illegal help from some of his appointees. I do wonder if the sh*t storm of corruption can continue to roll on and on. Trump is acting so crazy that will he resign or is he looking forward to the impeachment process and simply daring republicans to vote against him. It will be difficult for republican Senators to not vote to impeach.

Comment

• [h=1]Uh oh: Trump’s attorney general asks Facebook for ‘back DOOR

HE SEAMS TO BE TEACHING THE HELP HOW TO DO IT--------------------------------------DAVE

Captions will look like this

AG Barr calls on Facebook to limit message-encryption plans

US Attorney General Bill Barr is scheduled to make some remarks at a Justice Department event Friday focused on how tech companies promoting encryption has hampered government access to informatio
                        That’s according to a New York Times preview of the event, which will come in tandem with a chilling demand from Barr: In a letter from President Trump’s AG to Facebook dated October 4, Barr asks the social networking giant to immediately halt its plan to expand end-to-end encryption across the company’s messaging services like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.

Comment

• Dave, Most of my reading time seems to indicate that the democrats are the ones who are using the ';back' door as an equality thing.

Comment

• Trump told China that a trade deal is way more important than any freedom for Hong Kong. The longer this all goes on, the more sh*t will be spilling from the swamp lagoon. Those Trump tax returns that are being illegally withheld from Congress will eventually show up and how much illegality has happened with influencing those audits.

Comment

• I'll leave the arguing to you guys. it's obvious minds are closed and made up. Just like in society. Everybody just keep drinking your favorite koo lade and enjoy what's left because it isn't climate change that's going to be the ruin of this country. Goiod day.

Comment

• lets see if we can turn his tide since we are going to go to CHINA let us look at his Daughter VOUNVAKA and her 30 some patents she has obtained making money under his tenure---------------------------------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

Working...
                                X