USDA Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USDA Shutdown

While doing some research for a story I found this great resource on what is impacted at USDA by the partial government shutdown. You can see the specific plan for each individual USDA agency and division: https://www.usda.gov/shutdownplans

-John Herath - Farm Journal
    Last edited by jherath; 01-08-2019, 12:49 PM.

lol....just to rub a little...

and make iadave feel better, someone heard him!

https://www.agriculture.com/news/bus...ll-be-extended

Comment

The government is BROKE... If the government is to return to any reason to exist, infrastructure would be a good start, as a HIgh Speed Train across all of America, not the little bitty USA...
      An action, an investment that puts and calls for educated people, people that want to work to build and run a real project that improves society.....Agriculture would gain in returning to raising food for direct and real human consumption, feed the starving masses of today that exist in the USA and World in numbers greater than ever before in history..

But not murdering millions of humans as President Obama did, nor building walls.

Comment

kma jose, do it yourself

Comment

OK

Comment

So far I have not missed our government workers. I'm certain they are mostly hard working honest people who are definitely feeling the effects of their missing paychecks. I know my savings wouldn't last very long for me. Of course I never had a guberment job and missed out on any lifetime pensions.

Right now, the only leverage Trump has to get a WALL is this shutdown. Pretty soon more people will start to be inconvenienced by the shutdown and somebody will need to blink. Odds favor that the republicans will blink first. There seems to be no chance of democraps and republicans coming to any compromises any time soon.

Somebody needed to post something to end the love affair started by demmis

Comment

What gets me is all the news exaggeration about how it's just devastating to so many people. Heard a clip yesterday about how for farmers this is the important planning stage of what they're going to plant and how the lack of the crop production report is stalling these important decisions. Same way with other gov. workers who are losing their houses or cars because they aren't getting paid. My sister in law has been a life long government employee and every other time this has happened she always got paid for the time she was off. So they know it's coming. Second, for the kind of money she makes, you're telling me the majority are living that close to the edge that missing one check puts them in dire straits? If it does, maybe it should serve as a wake-up call that instead of spending all you're money taking trips all over the world (speaking about my sister in law), you should have a little in an emergency fund to get by for a little bit. Not saying I don't understand or sympathize, but all these dramatics in the news just further annoys me.

Comment

For some folks it never seems to matter how much they make. Their expenses always grow to match or exceed their income.
                There are definitely times when what/how stories get reported will expose the agenda of the people doing the reporting/publishing.
                They are in it to stay solvent and make money too.

Comment

THANKS KING, it was starting to get embarrassing!

Good write also 4450 and cat..

Comment

i have an f s a loan, so i miss no one being there to sign off on the 30,000 in grain checks sitting on my desk that i would have liked to finish paying off last years expenses, as well as my regular expenses coming up at the end of the month.

Comment

Recognized Thousands of years past, the single reason of Government is to protect the poor from the rich. A major reason of people fleeing Europe is that a few had came to hoard, control all the land. Recognizing that those that had worked the land did not work for themselves, but rather did all the work to make a few others rich... So they came to America, the USA that they might have land and gain in their work their own fruits of labor. Yet today, all those that fled to the USA, America to be free from, the USA and America is made to be..

A few own the land, and the rest are mere the poor who do the work of the rich. Which reinforces that getting a child into farming is Child abuse, for they are to be slaves of those that really own the land, and they will not. and recognizes the government exists for no reason, for it merely exists to make the rich richer.. WHY?

Comment

Hey Joe - go to your local office, pay the filing fee and make yourself a candidate for whatever office you desire.
                        Convince enough people to vote for you and work to make the changes you want. It's that simple.
                        Probably have more effect than typing messages and clicking send!!

Comment

Working...
                        X