Obama job approval 48% !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama job approval 48% !!!!

With unemployment at nearly full employment (5.8%) ,GDP at 5% and inflation TOO LOW for the fed it is no wonder that the Presidents job approval rating has risen to a very nice 48% by Gallop and a very nice 49% according to Rasmussen - a Republican leaning poll !
    Last edited by RON11; 01-23-2015, 06:55 PM.

Well I suppose with near 50% dependent on the government for their means of income, that would make sense.

Ron, could you explain why the labor force participation rate is the lowest since 1978?

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

Comment

Also saw a poll the other day that said most republicans would favor Jeb Bush as the presidential candidate.
      So what does that mean?
      Don't believe what some poll says.

Comment

Originally posted by 4450 View Post
        Also saw a poll the other day that said most republicans would favor Jeb Bush as the presidential candidate.
        So what does that mean?
        Don't believe what some poll says.
        Yes...only believe in polls that support your agenda...absolutely!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill inWisconsin View Post
          Well I suppose with near 50% dependent on the government for their means of income, that would make sense.

Ron, could you explain why the labor force participation rate is the lowest since 1978?

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

Bill...think baby boomers and do some quick math and you will come to the answer you are (not really) looking for...

Comment

What?! We have lots of old people? Hmm.... maybe that explains why social security and medicare need to be reformed. Thanks for pointing that out.

I wouldn't be proud of a 48% approval rating... it only takes 50.0000000001% to win election so that says to me that people don't want him.... and if you have below 40% you must be terrible because you'll get that much just for waking up in the morning and not being a complete arse to your own party.
            [URL="http://www.facebook.com/DiederichFarm"]DiederichFarm[/URL]
            "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Comment

Firstly - no matter what their views I like it when Bill and DR. participate.A couple of sharp pencils there.
              When conservatives switch from drumming about the unemployment rate to something different like "participation rate" one thing you can be sure of is the unemployment rate under a Democrat must be getting good ! And I would support that the ONLY number that counts is the unemployment number. By definition it counts the people who want a job but are having difficulty finding one. What concern of it to me or anyone else how many people who DON'T want a job , don't have a job ? Lucky them if they have enough money to choose not to work !
              At 5.8% unemployment we are getting real close to full employment ! Hats off to the hard working American worker ! With near full employment wages to those workers should start rising soon. Another much needed improvement .

Comment

The approval rating , while not very important , is interesting. Getting over 50% is not as easy as you might think. While 50% of the people have to have voted you into office , not disappointing many of them on one thing or another is impossible. Some are happy with what you did. Some will not be happy with what you did. And some will not be happy because you didn't go farther and do more. So no matter what the issue you start with an easy 33%. But rustling up more than that takes work and/or luck. It can be a lot like herding cats. If you cover your left side you'll loose a bunch on the right . And if you move right you'll loose a bunch on the left side. And all the while an opposing group will be screaming and hollering to scatter them any way they can. LOL

For comparison : The best approval rating for any pres. when they left office was Kennedy with 60%. But being murdered as a young man and only after three years had a lot to do with that. The second highest approval rating was Clinton. Yes Clinton at 52%. The third highest rating when leaving the presidency was Reagan at 51%. While a fast recent rise to 48% or 49% is not the same as when leaving office it is a big breakout to the upside and that has to be good for America .imho.

Any rumor that it is because FOX has been taken off DISH satellite network I think is coincidence . Right ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by RON11 View Post
                  Firstly - no matter what their views I like it when Bill and DR. participate.A couple of sharp pencils there.
                  When conservatives switch from drumming about the unemployment rate to something different like "participation rate" one thing you can be sure of is the unemployment rate under a Democrat must be getting good ! And I would support that the ONLY number that counts is the unemployment number. By definition it counts the people who want a job but are having difficulty finding one. What concern of it to me or anyone else how many people who DON'T want a job , don't have a job ? Lucky them if they have enough money to choose not to work !
                  At 5.8% unemployment we are getting real close to full employment ! Hats off to the hard working American worker ! With near full employment wages to those workers should start rising soon. Another much needed improvement .
                  I agree that it is EXCELLENT that the unemployment rate is down, regardless of other things. I think the recent election cycle was more a reflection of income stagnation than employment levels though. However, the dropping of the unemployment rate will inevitably lead to higher competition levels for labor and a beginning of wage growth as you stated. That is always the tough part for people. We all want that wage growth every year and feel it when we go a number of years without getting it as our standard of living plateaus.

Comment

I don't think getting over 50% approval ratings is easy.... but I do know that having below 50% is not good, no matter what. It might be "better" but don't confuse that with good. Kennedy have such a relatively great approval upon exit is to be expected for all the reasons you stated, Ron. I'm not surprised that Clinton had a decent rating either. He wasn't a bad president; he's just not a morally straight shooter. I think he did a good job overall, very practical. To me, the point of democracy, overall, should be protection of everyone's individual rights while making a majority of the people think you did a good job. Below 50% is an indication of failure. Relative performance is not a replacement for actual performance. Just because many others fail doesn't excuse or make light of policy failures for one's self.

Comment

Our economy is nothing like it was previously. Too many workers a stuck in jobs where they cannot reach their full earning potential that their education and experience should provide. I do believe the Affordable Care Act is partially to blame.

http://www.monster.com/blog/b/millio...remployed-0820

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...-AppendixC.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by barry jhealy View Post
                        Yes...only believe in polls that support your agenda...absolutely!!
                        That's right barry. Exactly my point about ron's opening post.

Comment

the burger flippers are NOT going to get full time employment wages OR benefits.....and I wonder how many in the oil boom will be heading for their
                          old homes in the next week....oh, just for chits, I'm doing my best, due to salt water freeze ups, ONLY 27% of the production wells were on this morning...
                          course that's just a pimple on a lot bigger critter than what we have here...

Comment

I thought this was interesting: "the 46 Democratic caucus members in the 114th Congress received a total of 67.8 million votes in winning their seats, while the 54 Republican caucus members received 47.1 million votes."

Comment

Originally posted by dennis1 View Post
                              the burger flippers are NOT going to get full time employment wages OR benefits.....and I wonder how many in the oil boom will be heading for their
                              old homes in the next week....oh, just for chits, I'm doing my best, due to salt water freeze ups, ONLY 27% of the production wells were on this morning...
                              course that's just a pimple on a lot bigger critter than what we have here...
                              I remember salt water injection wells freezing...sucked...never at the well head of a prod. well though...must be azz bite cold there...

Comment

Working...
                              X