No announcement yet.

New York Times Editorial on Ethanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Beaner</i>
    <br /><font size="3"><font color="blue">I suggest a few of you on this board also should recognzie there is some truth to what the NY Times editorial stated. The best way to tarnish American agriculture's image is to appear to be so greedy you could care less about the situation of the rest of America and the world. Ag commodities are at a level none of us have ever seen and some of you think they need to go even higher. </font id="blue"></font id="size3">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Beaner: I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, but we all know that you specialty market your SBs for much higher prices than we do. Our input costs have gone up on a percentage basis more than crop prices. I'm not sure that we were not better off with 2.50 corn and those lower input prices. We all know that dec burns more jet fuel in one trip than we use diesel farming all summer. Your and dec's concern for the poor are not very convincing. These high prices are pure inflation. And, the new farm bill is not raising loan prices to these new levels. I know you think the Farm Program should be abolished--especially at these high prices. But, the Loan Program is one good aspect to help farmers not sell at the harvest low. But, with the old low loan rates it will be ineffectual. Finally, we do take care of the poor all over the world, and the WTO objects to it. Best.

Comment

Working...
    X