No announcement yet.

2020 marketing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I read that right usda raised yield and harvested acres . Are they all just P'Od they had to move to KC
    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

lowered harvested acres both corn and beans but also raised yields for both,how do you raise harvesed acres with alot of corn still in the field

Comment

trade deal to be signed wed alot of talk that they won't buy as much as earlier thought,but now that it's been translated from chinese to english US negotiators say nothing changed china is a big country and they could buy a lot of different commods to get there,don't be surprised if they but wheat ddg's ethanol and corn in addition to beans and pork

Comment

My fear today is that they sign the agreement, announce what ag products they plan to buy, and then list no quantities or make no purchases to kick this off. I think the market may possibly slump through the Chinese New Year holiday before they start to fulfill their commitments. I hope they make some good faith purchases today, but I have my doubts.

Comment

just the fact to trade war is over is a positive I look for them to buy beef pork and poultry,the beef trade may be more than most are thinkiing as now they buy mostly aussie beef but with all the wild fires it may limit auusie beef exports,also think ethanol and ddg's could be big winners along with grain sorghum

Comment

We have more inventory per USDA from bigger than thought crop and couple with "guarded" optimism about trade deal.
              we have markets drifting lower but historically narrow basis and narrowing faster than futures drop. Should a guy sell cash now and buy back in case this thing starts getting the money guys excited.

Comment

buy the rumor sell the fact,but fundamentals don't justify this break! export sales were all at high end of range ,120,000 tons of beans to unknown wed,120,000 to china yesterday,165,000 ton meal to phillipines today,corn prices in brazil at all time highs as they exported to much and supplies tight they may have to import corn untill harvest,altho will probably come from argy,ethanol grind was higher last week and monthly bean crush was above high end of guesses and the 3-4 highest ever,demand seemgood,supplies still questionable no matter what usda says about the only thing bearish is the low test wt corn as anything below 54#'s is not good enuf to make export specs,but prices go down hard as trade doubts china will buy as much as even they say,I could see this break 2-4 months down the road if they don't live up to committments ,another item not many are talking about is that china did away with age reguirements on cattle and hormone free beef this may open up a path for more beef eports down the road

Comment

You called this one Steffy. I am happy to see the rebound yesterday. Hope we can continue some upward momentum next week. It looks like we have come to the end of the line on this discussion board. I have really enjoyed the marketing discussions here over the last 4 - 5 years, I have learned a lot. Thanks to the regular posters for putting out their marketing ideas, even though you sometimes catch some flack for your opinion. Best of luck in marketing to each of you as we move forward. John B.

Comment

ag web has totally screwed the pooch ,black listing posters for speaking their mind,what was a once vibrant site was turned into a pc night mare,we had alot of good marketers here that gave good advice,because no one posts any more from what is totally their fault the rest get
                    penalized
                    corn roars back from rumors of chinese buying,corn has a weekly reversal,beans had an outside day up both very positive tech's.If we have a positive follow thru tues day we could well be on our way to the next leg up,,thursday could be a big bear trap,time will tell
                    I don'tt check out other sites much what are the ones that have good marketing posts

Comment

Steffy I've looked at the other sites the guys giving their opinions their dont like farmers like you knowing more han they do even when they are probably working for the big trading companies trying to get the farmer to sell cheap to them so they can sell when the prices rise to profitability

Comment

well there must be a site where former ag web posters visit more then others

Comment

alot of nay sayers on the china deal how they cant buy all they say they will,heard an interesting theory that they may buy much more near term to rebuild their stocks which have fallen due to trade war so as to be able with stand another one if it happens and if you think about it it would be a smart move on their part as grain and bean prices are at the low end of the range when you look at a monthly chart

Comment

You middies probably don't get to hear about the Chinese coronavirus that we imported last week, and is holed up in an Everett, Wa. hospital, [yeah, we heard about the 'Kansas style' basketball that was played out last night], but we should be able to send them something good in return for their diseases, don't you think? BTW, this virus was transmitted person to person without any animal involved, so I guess I'll go see my vet and get myself a booster shot out of his calfhood protocol!

Comment

Percy I would be careful once they get you in the chute they might "DEHORN" from behind as well

Comment

Originally posted by flyingRoot View Post
                                Percy I would be careful once they get you in the chute they might "DEHORN" from behind as well
                                Just to be on the safe side, FR, I think I'll go to the local "pet" clinic!!

Comment

Working...
                                X