I"M DONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I"M DONE

]Fed-Up Farmer’s Message To Trump: I Wouldn’t Vote For You If You Walked On Water

The former county chair for the Republican Party in Shelby County, Ohio says he’s done with President Donald Trump due to the trade war with China
    “I’m not going to vote for the president and I’m on record as saying that,” Christopher Gibbs, who’s also a soybean farmer that backed Trump in 2016, told CNBC on Monday.
    Gibbs said he doesn’t believe Trump’s claims he made a deal for China to buy up to $50 billion in U.S. agriculture given that the president made similar claims before that have never materialized, including claims of deals with Mexico and the European Union.
    Indeed, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin admitted that the deal with China announced by Trump wasn’t actually a deal quite yet.
    “There are still some issues that need to be worked out in wording,”[/url] Mnuchin said, per The Hill. “But I would say we have every expectation that phase one will close.”
    Gibbs said Trump’s previous broken promises make him “dubious” of any new claims of a deal. And in any case, Gibbs ― who has 560 acres of farmland in Shelby County ― said he was done with Trump even if there was a deal:
    “It doesn’t matter what he comes up with now. He could come up with this $50 billion, he could walk across my pond and not get wet, and I’m still not going to vote for him because, you know, at the end of the day my name is Chris Gibbs, it’s not Judas, and I’m not going to sell my political moorings for 30 pieces of silver. So no ― I’m out.”
    Gibbs made a video for The New York Times last year pleading with Trump to end the trade war.
    “I can draw a direct line from when the president started this tariff rhetoric in the price of my soybeans Gibbs said at the time, adding that those prices plunged 20 percent.
    “I have to tell you, Mr. President,” he said. “This hurts.”

a sign of what is to come------------------------dave
    Last edited by davidm479; 10-15-2019, 05:42 AM.

Well Dave, at least one of them is coming to his senses. How anyone can support someone who lies and exaggerates every time he opens his mouth, is beyond me. We had a local con man around here who screwed several older retirees out of around $100,000 about 20 years ago. He got sent to prison for a couple of years. I can assure you no one would vote for him if he ran for public office. But for some reason, people trust this lying rich kid!! All of his life, he has screwed people dumb enough to deal with him. If anyone thinks he cares about us farmers, they should have their head examined. I voted for Kasich in the primary in 2016, sure wish he would run again.

Comment

I'm going to continue to say it AGAIN and AGAIN...some folks think what has been going on that isn't in the best interest of OUR country for the last 50 or so
      years should be left alone, WELL, WE did elect a president that campaigned for LETWS MAKE AMERICSA GREAT AGAIN...and if you will study HISTORY,
      the economy IS better now in other business sectors, with AGRICULTURE sucking, as it has historically when the economy is booming.

Since I'm only vice chairman on the county Republican committee, I guess NOT all agree with those from Ohio. BTW, it will NOT always be an overnite happening that
      causes our Agriculture sector to flourish....and PLEASE remember, prices were sagging before Mr. ZERO left office and President Trump took office. IF it is ALL just
      ABOUT ME, it isn't necessarily about the country.

Comment

china has been screwing us for years ,trumps just trying to hold them accountable,maybe a deal is done maybe not,time will tell,but this time there were some heavy hitters here from china,people that have the athority to make a deal,don't know how many beans they can buy with a deal with asf killing over 1/2 the hog herd ,but white wheat,hrsw,ethanol,ddg's pork and some beef,actually beef imports to china are running 50% yoy for the 1st 9 months,Mnunchin did say tarrifs would be added if a deal was'nt done but said he did expect one to be made.

Comment

Trump will be thrilled to have such a staunch ally. It is quite apparent how he treats his allies. Of course, Vice President Pounce will negotiate a cease fire after Turkey wipes out the Kurds. ISIS is his new best friend, They love this BEAUTIFUL strategy.

Comment

Your true color is showing..

Comment

a little birdie ounce told me TARIFF"s are easy to win-----------------------------------dave

Comment

Originally posted by dennis1 View Post
                Your true color is showing..
                Dennis, color has nothing to do with it. We as Americans have always stood by our allies. I don't care if you are Republican, Democrat, or whatever. President Trump is showing the rest of the world just how much they can trust us with him as a leader. If anyone helps us, they are thrown out with the bathwater once the objective has been achieved.

Comment

On the other side of YOUR debate, Turkey, look at the restrictions Turkey placed on US military when using their base. Turkey is NOT our best allies by any means. It was
                  another DEAL that most of us have little knowledge of what was happening...and WE the US, especially the military, got screwed AGAIN.

The bath water needed changing long before President
                  Trump appeared on the scene.

Comment

Ethanol Futures Tumble on EPA Fix to Offset Refinery Waivers

another in your Face deal he just gave the Big Finger to the Farmer again by changing the Rules --he in good at that----Grassley should be proud Protect BIG oil ---------------------------------------dave
                    Last edited by davidm479; 10-16-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Now you are starting to get it , Dennis. Turkey is NOT one of our better allies. So why would you throw one our true allies ( the Kurds) under the bus, giving Turkey the green light to go in and destroy them. It makes no sense, unless the license for Trump Towers in Istanbul is up.

Comment

you hit the nail on the head Chair all about the Money

flush the turd

Comment

pssssst...Chair..be sure to engage mouth when fully understood.

Comment

hey Den Den your a Trump man how do you explain the bate and switch EPA did Monday and the ethanol usage---------------------------dave

Comment

Dennis- please explain post # 13. I am just a dumb farmer from Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
                              X