2019 Marketing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyingRoot View Post
    As a old elevator manager once explained it's like to dogs copulating lots growling and snarling before they couple up. I'm referring to the trade war with china by the way I wish they would just get it over with so then the market can go down for some other reason just the traders will have to be a little more creative.
    Nailed!

Comment

• Heard a guy on one of the local farm radio stations the other day saying China's economy is really hurting now. Said it will be tough on them if they hold out another year to see if trump gets re-elected or not. Just thought that was an interesting take, different from most of the stuff you hear about it. Though I don't believe anything I hear anymore, rather I agree with it or not. Sad state our supposedly "news" organizations have evolved into.

Comment

• market is showing $3.68 this morning we have offers of -------------]CoMark Equity Alliance LLC - Springdale, AR[/h] Date: 11/22/2019 03:27:13 PM

[TD]Corn (#2 Yellow)[/TD]
        [TD]4.34[/TD]
        [TD]65.00[/TD]
        [TD]09/10/2019[/TD]
        [TD]11/30/2019[/TD]

I believe TYSON will offer a 450 bid for a bunch of it -----------------------------dave

local farmer delivered off the combine for 4.50 back months ago
        Last edited by davidm479; 11-24-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Chinese importers scoop up Brazilian soybeans amid U.S. trade uncertainty

I tried to warn you guys last week that something was not right but no one answered so here it is we falter they do not car -----------------------------------------dave

F
          BEIJING - Chinese buyers scooped up at least 20 cargoes of Brazilian soybeans last week due to uncertainty over a trade deal with the United States that sent them rushing to lock in supplies, traders said on Monday.
          Importers also jumped on the new crop Brazilian beans because of attractive margins, said two traders who declined to be identified.
          The purchases were for delivery when the new harvest hits the market early next year, they said. Some U.S. and Argentinian cargoes were also booked last week, one of the traders said, with total purchases of about 30 cargoes.
          Chinese buyers have bought significantly fewer soybeans from their second largest supplier, the United States, this year, due to high tariffs on imports, which are expected to be lifted if the two sides agree to the first phase of a trade deal.
          Completion of the first phase risks sliding into next year, Reuters reported last week, leaving buyers uncertain about market conditions.
          Even after leaders from the two countries sent positive signals on an initial deal to defuse the protracted trade war, markets are concerned that the trade talks could flounder.
          "Buying out of Brazil is probably a good hedge at this point. There's plenty of uncertainty around U.S. supplies so it's probably a good idea to have at least some Brazil locked in," said Darin Friedrichs, Senior Asia Commodity Analyst at broker INTL FCStone.
          After a 16-month-long trade war, China's soybean buyers who crush the beans into meal to feed the world's largest pig herd are sitting on tight stocks.
          National soymeal stocks plunged to a six-year low of just 355,100 tonnes in the week ending Nov. 19.
          Crushers are however also seeing poor demand amid the worst ever outbreak of disease in China's pig herd, which has shrunk by more than 40% since a year ago.
          "Feed producers and downstream companies are reluctant to build up high inventories as demand is bad," said a purchase manager with a feed producer in northeastern China.

Last edited by davidm479; 11-25-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Sold the last third of my wheat crop last monday. Figured it hadn't done anything since harvest and maybe corn and beans might have some upside potential. Well in one week local wheat price has gone up 22 cents while corn and beans have both dropped. That's always my luck so I shouldn't be surprised but it sure gets old.

Comment

• Thanks 4450, now how about some "help" with the soybeans..

Comment

• Trying to decide corn or beans dennis. Got notes due next two weeks. So the rest of you just sit tight a bit.

Comment

• Most of us also have notes due, YOU need to get moving so the rest of us don't have to wait so long to make the move...go soybeans, originally looked like at the
                  price I had marked they would cover what I needed, gulp... thanks ahead of your decision!

Comment

• big move for corn and wheat yesterday not sure why wheat went up but corn bears may be starting to realize a big chunck of corn may not get harvested this fall the dakotas Mn and wi have alot of corn and some beans still standing and while corn can be harvested in the spring any beans will be lost so not sure why beans have broke 70 cents in he last month.export sales and shipment have been good so demand is good and supply is shrinking will lower yields and lost acres.corn test wts for corn sound horrible not sure how usda came up with higher ear wts but test wts alone could drop corn yields 5-10 bu/ac

Comment

• until yesterday It sure looked like 4450 was just another marketing expert...lol now it is whether they pay the last 1/4 of program payment and let the demos get to say how
                      much President Trump has cost the tax payers...and announcement of a handshake agreement...usmc between the witch and President...

Comment

• usda says 585,000mt beans to china and another 140,000mt beans to unknown looks like more good faith buys to keep new tarrifs from going into effect on the 15th,beans then go down 6 cents go figure,

Comment

• update the GOOD news steffy! (even if the media says NO signatures until 2020...

Comment

Working...
                          X