No announcement yet.

2019 Marketing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usda must be bot and paid for by endusers or a bunch of left wingers tying to erode support for admin.only lower corn ac 1.5 million acres raised yield 3.5 bu/ac close to a 14 bb crop,fsa releases it's est of pp says 19.25 pp acres,11.2 corn 4.35 beans,how can we have 90 million ac planted when there are 11 million pp'd,bean prod came in at low end of est,but down 13 cents being drug down by corn limit down (25 cent)

Comment

• They're all mad at usda because they might have to move to KC which is in part of the country last time I checked is conceal carry is an option not a requirement for personal safety like DC is. Plus they might learn what corn actually looks like.
      Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• Back to markets the big boys got into an oversold position and manipulated usda into driving lower for bigger profits.
        Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• Trouble is, past few years guys have been saying usda is nuts with their estimates and yet when it's all said and done, they're not that far off target. If we can pull that off with all the problems this year has had, we're sunk for next year.

Comment

• 40% of the corn was planted after june 1 and into poor conditions,hard to think yield is that good,remember no field surveys this year ,all farmer survey and sat photos not a tested product,will do a field survey next month but acres wont be changed,pro farmer tour next week will be interesting to see what they find

Comment

• Just corn for silage out here, Steffy, but we surmise that you corn farmers will spend big bucks drying it, if needed. there is a concern for silage bunker space around here; the crops look that good.

Comment

• If you pups look back in the archives here, you can read where John Faust planted beans, in a planter pulled behind his combine while he spring combined
                his corn. The corn was dry, the beans were planted in moisture, and he made it work.

Comment

• I just read somewhere that this fall is suppose to be as wet and miserable as last fall was. I hope not. Don't think I could take two of those in a row.

Comment

• still alot of hurdles to jump before this crop is made,still think before it's all said and done crop will be quite abit short of USDA #'s ,but now we won't know before oct at the earliest and most likely Jan

Comment

• You can argue back on forth between the FSA and NASS acre numbers, but the one I really struggle to believe is the 169 bpa average. Knowing how late a lot of our corn got planted around here, as well as elsewhere, and how late a lot of this corn tasseled, I can't believe the test weight is gonna be there. Same goes for beans. Everywhere I drive around SW MN I see short beans with unclosed rows. Short beans can yield good if they're bushy, but when they can't close a 30" row I don't know where the yield is gonna come from.

Comment

• all acres planted and pp are 7 million acres more than last year also a head scratcher

Comment

• Originally posted by steffy View Post
                          all acres planted and pp are 7 million acres more than last year also a head scratcher
                          Agreed, but people are gonna say it was MFP that made everyone throw seed in the ground. Around here most people planted cheap oats to get the MFP money, not expensive corn, but whatever. MFP or not, I baffled as to how with over 40% of the crop planted in June they think the average BPA is gonna be that high.

Comment

• also alot of crop scouts and co's using sat's are quite abit under USDA yield will be interesting to see what pro farmer tour see's next week

Comment

• The fire at a Ks tyson beef plant last week has caused a hugh financial boon to the packing industry,while cash crashed 5-$10 ,beef cutouts are up $22,packers are now making around $500/hd ,cash broke as there was a worry cattle would back up for lack of plant capacity to kill market ready cattle but USDA est cattle slaughter will be 6000 hd higher this week,the break looks overdone to me as worries seem over blown as other packers have incentives to add additional shifts and tyson will move cattle to other plants.This needs to be investigated as it smacks of price gouging/collusion

Comment

• I checked some of my corn. I was surprised. Planted the first couple days of May in to ideal conditions. Best ground on the farm. Well drained. 87% of aph. Now 87% of aph isn't terrible but this is the best ground on the farm, planted into ideal conditions. on one of he best planting days of he year. I was expecting 125% or better.
                                We are the garden spot of the U.S. this year. We even had rain during the dry spell.

Comment

Working...
                                X