No announcement yet.

2019 Marketing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last couple of years had a little rally in August. I'd like to see 60 cents locally to be able to contract some for $5.00 again. That isn't that lucrative but if can't get to that, probably be less wheat acres here and more row crop next year.

Comment

• europe has been suffering from extreme heat and dry weather the last month or so,russia also dry and is lowering their crop size and exports,I'm surprised markets are not paying more attn.to this esp with our problems .

Comment

• The market is rewarding those who make their money off of volatility run it up to sell run it down to buy. Big players already know the issues just trying to get as much bought cheaper for the next run higher until the big boys own the grain they aren't gonna let it go too high
        Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• brazils bean stock pile is 80% lower than a year ago and since china is importing less beans it means less are being crushed thereby less oil being produced,bean oil breaking out to up side,China is lifting it's tariff quota on bean oil and is supposed to do the same for rapeseed oil and palm oil,China uses alot of veg. oil,beans have an weekly reversal ,corn above it's 100 day moving ave mondays repor day and is liable to hold some surprises ,look for extreme volatility

Comment

• Are surprises to the down side built in currently and does a guy want to take second mortgage and buy corn today sell on Tues

Comment

• some think corn acres could be higher tthan most think as USDA will count late planted acres for silage/cover crop still as corn planted they should still adjust harvested acres down but when it comes to USDA you the hell knows

Comment

• Locals widened basis, tell me they know something.

Comment

• I'd use options to go tthru the report at least there one has limited risk

Comment

• I watched John Roach on Market to Market this morning and he said it could be a long time before we gain back any ag markets with China. I am curious if our trade representatives will use our countries huge trade imbalance to lure the Chinese into a favorable trade agreement for agriculture? Can we in ag count on the U.S. trade representatives to fight for us as much as intellectual property rights? I think they went into this trade war thinking China needed our Ag goods and we were a suitable bargaining chip, but now that China has written us off will we be a part of the final deal?

Comment

• If we end up with a large crop come harvest after all the difficulties that has taken place this year, I think restoring trade with China will be down the list of problems a ways.. We are producing too much. O don't have an answer but to think just because we can produce so much that theree should be a market for it is a little backward thinking. As far as the Chinese deal goes, don't look for anything to happen there until after the 2020 election.

Comment

• patsies.

Definition -"Someone easily taken advantage of." Trump has been a corporatist and NEVER-"A man of the people". not ever

Comment

• On our drive last week from wisconson down to ohio, I hit the scan button on am radio. I stopped on some liberal talk station coming out of chicago and listened awhile. You want to talk about patsies ron? The complete, absolute nonsense about trump these guys were spewing would be laughable except for the fact that there are brain dead individuals lapping it up like a thirsty dog. And the left wing idiots call trump divisive. It must suck to walk around every day with the amount of bitterness you have pent up inside. There were just as many of us who couldn't stand obama but it never affected our lives the way trump does yours. I wish I could be around in 30 years to see how history explains how the left got to this point.

Comment

• My personal belief is nothing is coming from this report with adm cargill and the rest selling crop insurance they know exactly how many acres were planted because of he July 15 deadline for certification with usda and insurance companies now it's a matter of yield guesses which will not be known until for some time now unless prevent plant acre were taken

Comment

• fire at a tyson beef plant has cattle future locked down the limit,plant kills 3-3500/day would'nt think it should have a limit down affect as for the grains and todays report could be limit up or down as large as the ranges are,hould be bullish but after the release of the june acreage USDA has lost all credability

Comment

• What did EPA do on Friday? Took a massive dump on Ag. Purdue our glorious usda guy let them. I'm should send a letter to my Congress critter Jim Hagedorn don't expect my vote unless he grows a pair and stands up for his district. He only got 6-7 eplants in his district and one more I know for sure is 1/4 mile from his district (its in iowa by that distance) The people that voted for him are all ag related or ancillary industries not the libs in Rochester who want us all to wear solar power hats and gray jumpsuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X