No announcement yet.

2019 Marketing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For corn producers, $3 gas is better than $2.

Comment

grains setting back today off conab #'s, bean crop was only cut 1.2 million ton ,corn was actually raised a bit,est are as jan 1 so more losses are possible esp if it stay dry .grains do act a bit tired so break might be more severe ,but trade still will buy breaks I believe

Comment

I'd like to allude to the fact all that hot levered up money seeking gains has dried up QT, and the stock markets are sucking up whatever liquidity that is left out there, dry to the bone hence our range bound stale grain markets ensue.

Comment

stocks and grains under pressure from data out of china showing their economy continues to weaken,weather in SA continues to be about the same to dry in most of brazil to wet in arg and S brazil.brazil crop continues to slide,prices look like the mexican stand off will continue,with neither bulls or bears being able to push grains out of recent trading range.There are a couple of things that might give the bulls an edge,brazil's real is getting stronger,that along with lower yields have most farmers showing a loss,also they have not settled their transporation issues caused by high fuel taxes.Also china's bean imports were down 40% in dec,which could mean there is alot of pent up demand.so for now buy good hard breaks,sell god hard rallies

Comment

export insp came in above the high end of guesses for all grains

Comment

all quiet on the western front up down up down its to the point who cares the weather will drive the market more than anything right now snowe"m in freeze"m up may move it more than any here it comes--------------------dave

Comment

chit steffy, i should have got rid of the rest of my corn before the break, got a cents back today, they announced that the f s a office will be staffed for 3 days with loan personnel to sign checks,,,,,,, guess will be selling the rest in the next couple days so i can get someone to sign off on them,, who knows when the next window is, but guessing they will probably be doing it every 3 or 4 weeks,,,,, no new loans are being worked so on that end, guys are s o l

Comment

grains are still in a sideways trading range I would'nt sell a break

Comment

grains sharply higher ,can find a reason why,but if you missed selling grain ,corn is about back to the highs last week,the sideways trend continues

Comment

I think if ch19 closes over 380 bulls may try and make a run to the 385-387 area,sh19 would need a close over 914 the turn the trend back up,cattle correcting their over bot staus today not sure if yesterday was a top or not depends on where they close for the week

Comment

Does the opening of FSA offices have any affect on the markets the next 3 business days especially if a guy has to get signatures on checks
                        Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

no nothing that I know of just IN fighting-----------------------------dave

Comment

mite be a little selling by smaller producers who use f s a, depends on cash flow needs, doubt if it would be significant, would have till tuesday a m to sell.

Comment

jump yesterday was due to rumors US was considering dropping tarrifs on some or all chinese products,this is being denied but trade must think something is in the works as gains are holding .No markets on monday so weather in SA will be the main driver come tue

Comment

Anyone know of a good crop marketing 101 website?

Comment

Working...
                                X