Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a " water ranch" market ln

The West now...

On April 13, 2018 the 9th Circuit Court of appeals ruled in the U.S. Vs Hage that the Mining Act of 1866 is thee law regarding water and vested water and water rights in the West.

Thus any private water effected by the Feds regarding beneficial use of land can be transferred, moved or sold as deemed by the farmers and ranchers who own the water.

Thus ranches , farms etc may in fact dry up Fed lands to rewater other lands.

This is important for both the Hage Ranch case and Hunter cases.

The Feds have impeded or reduced use on almost all land in the West.
    Since almost All water and water rights are privately owned....those water owners can transfer that water to wherever will pay the most dough...and fed lands can take a long walk off a real short pier.

Also on reading the ruling, it appears that WOTUS is out the window re all private water in the USA.

The West is now becoming the land of " water ranches".

A rather ironic change of the times. LoL.
    Last edited by WrightMark; 11-05-2018, 01:15 AM.

I hope this is truly the case. From what I have read of the rules the government is pushing we could be pretty well put out of farming.

Comment

Originally posted by iadave View Post
      I hope this is truly the case. From what I have read of the rules the government is pushing we could be pretty well put out of farming.
      It's time for the 2x weekly land lotto so Uncle can get rid of some Federal Lands.

Heck the govt owns 1/3 of all land in the USA And they Fail to manage any of it. ( just keep on saving it to Death ).

Comment

Working...
      X