More Farmland Value Trendspotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Farmland Value Trendspotting

The latest farmland value survey of high-quality ground shows that prices have leveled off and even declined in many geographies. Location and quality of land continue to be the biggest drivers of prices, according to Randy Dickhut, vice president of real estate operations of Farmers National Company.

FNC just completed a survey across 17 states and saw slight declines from in high-quality land value from 2014 in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio and South Dakota. Prices were flat in Arkansas and Texas, and the only states that saw an increase in values were Mississippi, Tennessee and Washington (irrigated).

Are land prices up, down or stable in your area?

They ain't making any more of it and good quality land pays bills. Good land is hard to find around these parts so I figure steady as she goes. As long as I have lived good land brings a premium. Even back in the mid eighties it was twice the value of ground south of us. Demand is strong and will remain that way for some time. If American Farmers and investors don't want It the Chinese will I figure. lol It's always been a good investment long term so grab the sow by the tail and hang on....I'm just saying.

Stable would be my guess at this point to answer your question PotterB.

Comment

Probably stable here in SWOH. Not a lot of it changing hands. The worst is yet to come for this cycle. Another good year here and SA, and we'll see more changes in land value. As with BINS problem in Montgomery county, it's going to get harder to hold good farm ground because they are going to try and make the rural people pay for all the wasteful spending of the cities. Most of them are broke and will never be able to pay the public employees what they have promised them. They've been fixing the books for years now, and pretty soon they will all be like Detroit, Chicago, San Bernadino, Stockton, Valajo, . Most public pension funds are underfunded and if they can't get inflation going again, there's going to be trouble in river city.
      Still don't know how bad the little trouble with currency trading that happened last week is going to effect the US banks. I'm sure we can believe them when they say,"oh don't worry, it won't affect us much". All those people who are so optimistic don't have a clue what's going on in the trading world that has such a big bearing on their pensions and their savings. They have no clue what's in their pension accounts.

Comment

Working...
      X