Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 48 View Post
    steffy: In a C-SB rotation adult RW beetles have been laying their eggs in SB's for years now.
    Yep that is true here. The CRW beetle variant that lays it's eggs in soybeans was first documented less than 40 miles from here. After soybeans in this area- planting corn with no CRW resistance trait or no banded insecticide is very risky business.

There are probably many corn growing areas in the US that CRW pressure after soybeans is not very high. We just aren't in one of those areas.
    Last edited by jabber1; 01-21-2015, 06:23 PM.
    “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

• hasn't happened here yet,but most guys only grow corn every 3-4 years.

Comment

• I'm in area where root worm is almost non existent.

Comment

• I can't remember the last time I saw a corn rootworm beetle feeding on silks,no beetles laying eggs no larvae in the spring.
          after the EU made their QE announcement today the US $ vaulted to new highs up a full point at one time.grains sold off after being higher,beans were trying to advance off a strong meal market as the price drop had exporters buying the break.Brazil doesn't produce much meal for export leaving the US and argintina and arg isn't very reliable,watch the meal,if it can hold in here beans should find some support.But pretty sure there are stops below this weeks lows.

Comment

• I got filled on a May $10. put in overnight trading the morning of the report the 12th. By thur. I had a 50% profit, got a little nervous and bailed. Never go broke taking a profit. easy to see now that If I'd held till now could have made a lot more. had planned to get back in if they bounced. I think beans will be down around $9.50 come fall since SA continues to look pretty good. Anybody else think they'll be that low? or lower? I know many of my neighbors are sitting on full bins expecting that big jump like we've seen the last few years. I just don't think it's going to happen this year.

Comment

• probably lower,the big jump in the US$ will hurt sales also,export sales today in beans were near zero when cancellations,meal sales were very good above expectations,corn sales were double what was expected over 2 mmt,wheat sales were above also but still only alittle over 400,000mt.nc beans are trading at 9.50 now add in basis and we're way below 9.50

Comment

• Thinking about buying some 4.50 Dec. corn courage calls. When do you guys think the best time to buy them would be? They are currently around 23 cents. Thanks!

Comment

• they look high to me,35 cents out of the money,for 23 cents,means corn has to rally almost 60 cents to break even.
                  beans alittle higher on the reopening,meal strength the reason,meal had a weekly reversal last week,so I was surprised beans had lowest close since oct.meal another $5.00 higher today,bean oil made new lows for the move,but meal rallied more than enuf to make up for that.must be some export demand surfacing in meal.
                  cattle started ou where they left off at last week.fats down a buck feeders 3 lower,so much for the friendly COF.

Comment

• fats and feeders have expanded limits todat,4.50 in LC ,$6.75 feeders,feels like someone is trapped.

Comment

• maybe its markwright, steffy, lol

if i was buying corn calls i would wait till you see a little peek of a change in direction, than buy something closer in the money and closer up. you can probably do this twice for less money than going out to the dec., but i know you are probably wanting to bottom under 15 crop.

alot of corn moving here

Comment

• looked like the cattle had a chance at a reveral today,LCJ rallied $5.off it's lows,but sold off it's highs and are down 60 cents,feeders had a $8.50 tradeing range,that's $4250/contract,sold back off and closed $1.87 lower.wow is all I can say.volume was actually fair today in the cattle,wih this volatility and whipsaw action,can't believe anyone would trade em.
                        beans are going to close about 12 cents higher ,thanks to a sharply higher meal market,untill meal starts to break beans probably holds in there,wheat closed on it's azz again.down about .09

Comment

• meats have gotten crushed. way too cheap. 38% retracement puts feeders up towards 211. kind of my target. dead cats bounce. hogs seem cheap also even with more supply. grains are dead money prolly for a few weeks yet. rbob need to trade over 1.40 and oil above 50 to get grains and energies to go anywhere.

Comment

• no one talks about corn demand and exports picking up, also chs is starting to push bean basis. just a heads up.

Comment

• corn exports should pickup as brazil curbs corn export as bean harvest picks up speed,still have Ukrain to conend wih but with conflict with Russia picking up who knows what may happen.bean basis here getting wider as Pacific NW export program is winding down,dock workers dispute there doesn't help either.

Comment

• What is everyone's thoughts on what corn and beans will do during February?

Comment

Working...
                                X