Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 you mean this ?

"Cargill- 50,000 tons of Brazilian #corn headed to US"
    "allegedly Wilmington NC, favored summer-time destination for S AM corn and soymeal"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tas View Post
      82 you mean this ?

"Cargill- 50,000 tons of Brazilian #corn headed to US"
      "allegedly Wilmington NC, favored summer-time destination for S AM corn and soymeal"
      That's part of it.

Business as usual, it happens every year, a little earlier than usual I must admit. Last years crop must have been smaller than advertised, or maybe the crop growing out there this year is as bad or worse than advertised.

Funny how someone would import corn that's going to cost them .80 - .90 more than US corn. There were no details of what grade the imported corn was going to be.

Being a shill for Cargill is no way to go through life IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by SIllinoisfarmer View Post
        OMG what a year this is shaping up to be in our neck of the woods. Picked up another inch of rain and the thermometer at noon stood on 59.4 degrees! Normally we are praying for a rain about this time but not this year. Still have first cutting hay that has never been mowed yet and that is a first for me in my 45+ years farming and my father who is in his mid 80's has never seen anything quite like this either. We went through 93 but it was not this bad and you have to go back to the late 50's to find it this wet this late in the season. This has to be a game changer but it will be quite a while before it is known to the desk jockeys and pencil pushers. Of course Iowa and Minnesota are going to swamp us with corn this year, the drought tolerant gene will save the corn, and there are always bad areas! Yeah, buddy! Sarcasm off. Hay and straw will be at a premium in our area. Pastures with any kind of livestock numbers on them are a sea of mud and ruined. What little wheat that was double cropped are now drowned out just like first season planting. As I said this will be a game changer from all of the bearish sentiment this spring, problem is most will not have much to market and the price rise will be slow or muted.
        I realize the Minnesota and Iowa reference is somewhat tongue-in-cheek,but things do look good up here. But I had to lmao when I saw the map of projected corn yields by state that the Farm Futures twitter page had after the crop ratings came out on Monday. They had Minnesota with a 196.6 (state record is now 176) and Iowa at 195.7 (state record is now 182). Even in a perfect weather year,there is no way Minnesota could have a state-wide average like that,but especially not this year when a lot of people cut corners with fertility and seed because of the projected prices last spring. And I'm guessing the same holds true for Iowa.

Comment

• I believe it was 3 cargos,1 being loaded now,1 sept oct time frame 1 next winter,and I did read where it was 60-80 higher than they could buy US corn railed in.so it is alittle suspect.But maybe they're looking at the carnage in the eastern cb and want some corn bot.

Comment

• corn's been trying to exceed the highs but can't seem to getter done.I would assume there's buy stops above the highs,but if they can't run em soon corn could sell off,meal is also on it's recent highs.meal never broke like the beans did,would think 10.20 would be res****ance sx as that was old support

Comment

• cz finally got thru 4.40,closes above tthat would be positive,beans also pushed above 10.21 area,closes above there would be good also.

Comment

• Hope some of you looked at my prices I posted the other day. They held like a rock. Wheat is only one not far off of them. 4.24 corn 9.80 beans and 5.74 wheat all held. Beans are acting very good technically I might add. Corn held very strong and only retreated 15 cents off last highs. Kind of a big deal. I sure hope some livestock guys got Atleast a portion of things covered. You might still get another chance in early October but honestly I dunno if it's worth the short term risk waiting.

Comment

• TOMORRWS report will probably be bearish as I doubt USDA will adjust acres or yield this early.I agree gman corn acts the best of all the grains.

Comment

• If it isn't raining in Chicago tomorrow, Steffy I'm in agreement. We have worked off the over bought situation and tacking gains back on, healthy consolidation was what we needed.

Comment

• Wife said head to the city with the truck and haul dirt or get a job, I didn't want to do either, so I've been doing a little day trading. Earned enough to fly the kids and I to FL and back riding in Spirits big seats for Christmas...she can earn her own flight, I'm done "trading" for the year, still long in the field.

You can almost set your clock to what's been going on the last several days...someone with a lot more money, and seeds than I have does the way it seems.

Gmart is correct very good support in corn.

So tas are the funds quietly entering or what? More up volume than down since the end of June. I know you say it's only short covering, looks to me it might be more than that. Not the ballistic levels we saw in 2012, but emotion, trend whatever you want to call it seems to have changed...for now.

Charts are 5 min, 60 min, day, and week for dec15 corn at close today. Showing price, volume open interest, and OBV(open balance volume) on all of them.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by 82; 07-09-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• USDA has already stated they will not lower acres until August and even more so in January for harvested acres. I do t expect to see many cuts just a few small ones. However on the yield I think trade lowering only one bushel on corn and beans might not be enough. Crop condition ratings in some major areas have a lot of damage already. If we are still trading 166 and 45 these markets have a long ways to go yet. Just take a step back. $4 and $10 is not expensive at all. Global numbers will be interesting in my opinion. We are starting to get dry here in spots that missed last rain event. If you look at 30 day precip you can really see where the trouble spots are too wet and on the dry side. I've posted noaa link before and when I get time I will do it again. Anyways it's just as easy to type into google 30 day precip map. Then link is like water.noaa or something. Like second page that comes up. You can tell people cut back on fertilizer as the green in some fields isn't matched in others. A lot of beans with no fertilizer. For what is know in the marketplace we are only at December highs when we were projected roughly 400 million more corn and 200 million more beans in the carry outs. Plus more acres than June 30th report. Mother Nature is having her way with things. Our corn is starting to curl today and it's only 82. What I think is interesting is how many bean holes got replanted or fields got replanted? I would not be shocked if there was 5-7 million old crop beans that went towards seed. One thing that is interesting at this point in new crop purchases of beans. It's still early but at some point there is going to start to be some panic. Maybe today was just the start of it. I think meal prices are going over $400 a ton and could be as high as $450.

Comment

• Sorry 82 can't help you here, hate to sound like a broken record !!!!

From yesterday days corn trade OI dropped 15k
                          The day before dropped 5k
                          Since the report it's flat for a longer term view.
                          This does not point to much if any new net buying.

After poking its head above $4.40 ZCZ sold off pretty hard on the close. Who's knows what USDA well say, whatever they say IMO chances are good they well run it to 4.50 We do need to remember 4.50 stopped it dead in its track in 2009 (48 and I had some pretty strong comments on 4.50 at the time) If someone wants to sell some corn that will not fit in the bin my favor numbers is 4.472 Unless the report is quite bullish I can not see it breaking 4.50 of the first go around.....

IF IT DOES BREAK 4.50 it could go ape chit locked limit up really really fast, on buy stops plus that NET NEW BUYING we've been waiting for. Down side would be the ethanol boys will be very UN-happy campers their margins are redish all ready

Comment

• Should add new crop soybean bookings to China SCXK, much cheaper beans,rally after the report, kinda makes one wonder why are not buying*****

Comment

• china bot 240,000 tonnes yesterday tas.meal made new highs for the move today,so beans should continue the rally.

Comment

• ZCZ sold off pretty hard on the close
                                That's what it's been doing for awhile now. It will drift sideways maybe a little lower all night, spike up right away in the morning, drift lower till just before noon sometime, heavy spike up, drift sideways for a bit, sell off just before close. All the while chopping steadily higher.

One of these afternoons in the so distant future(maybe when it breaks $4.50 like tas says)it's not going to sell off, leaving someone sitting there hoping it does eventually. They might have to wait well into 2016 IMHO

Comment

Working...
                                X