No announcement yet.

Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

285,000 mt of beans sold to china were cancelled today,101,600 mt corn sold to unknown,as we get closer to brazil's bean harvest cancellations could increase .beans took out yesterdays low but are now higher for the day,lead by sharply higher corn and wheat both up 7-10,we have a 3 day weekend so shortcovering ahead of the long weekend may be the best explaination,but come Monday nite if the good rains expected arrive beans probably resume their downtrend.

Comment

The Chinese are NOT stupid....cancel a few orders and buy it cheaper/less cost and they are happy. You noticed a headline a couple days ago...China may buy more corn.. headline
      was intended to indicate US corn, why not,
      when the cheap is their goal.

Comment

china has bot a lot of beans this fall and has shipped an astounding amount but the beans bot for jan thru mar was an ins policy just in case something went wrong in SA,now that it appears there will be plenty of beans from south of the border their cancelling the policy.corn sales should pick up as brazil will quit shipping corn to make way for beans,US corn is very competitive in the world right now.plenty could still happen to cut brazillian production quite a few areas are dry with above normal temps,if next weeks rain miss those areas we'll have a full blown weather market on our hands.Or rains are to big delaying harvest and transportation to the ports,which is a fairly common occurance,and the crop went in late this year as it was dry early delaying planting,should keep exports here going alittle longer

Comment

US$ made new highs for the move,hitting levels not seen for over 13 years,to say our exports and balance of trade are going to take a hit would be an understatement.might be why this normally perma bull is growing claws.

Comment

I'm wondering if the Farmtards paying 300.00 cash rent will be solvent after this next growing season?

Comment

Hey Tas...

Would have gone to your get together at Ft Dodge but neighbor called the other night and had some beans that his custom operator wasn't coming to harvest and begged me to get r done. Going to try them after dinner. Spent the morning finding the combine in the back of the shed and getting a couple of big wagons ready.

Hate pulling a clean combine out just for his few acres but he is a great friend and good neighbor.

Comment

Found this article on Yahoo kind of interesting.

Biggest reservoir for Brazil's largest city is running dry

SAO PAULO (AP) — Halfway through the rainy season, the key reservoir for the hemisphere's largest city holds just 6 percent of its capacity, and experts warned Friday that Sao Paulo authorities must take urgent steps to prevent the worst drought in more than 80 years from drying it out.

The system of reservoirs and rivers that provide water to millions in this city have received less rainfall than hoped during the first weeks of the wet season, raising fears they won't be replenished as hoped. Rainfall during the first two weeks of January totaled just 2.9 inches (7.1 centimeters), well below the historic average for the month of 10.7 inches (27.1 centimeters).

http://news.yahoo.com/water-system-b...161301911.html

I haven't paying much attention to Brazils weather/crop reports. One expert says bumper crop, the next says not. According to this article it appears to be pretty dry.

Comment

82 - That's Bearish Beans.

Comment

There is a big difference between getting enough rain to raise a good crop and enough rain to fill lakes with millions of people suc king water out of it daily.

Comment

• This area was hit hardest last year by the drought,it is also one of the more populated areas of brazil,it's reservoir has hugh demands.most of brazil has had enuf rain for crops,NE is the driest but it is a minor bean growing area,mato grasso which raises about 1/3 of brazils beans and is the largest bean growing state has gone 10-11 days without rain and it's been fairly hot,but ood rains are forcasted this week,however if these rains fail to occur yield will be reduced,but a total bust is not a reality,might be a 90 mmt instead of 95mmt,still a very big crop.

Comment

• Do they grow continuous beans down there or use a rotation. I can't recall ever planting beans behind beans, however it is going to be happening this year in a big way. Keep those corn acres coming guys.

Any suggestions regarding management etc on the bean on bean ground would be appreciated.

Comment

• A few guys here in SWO has been growing continuous beans for several years now. One does double crop wheat on a lot of it. One field next to me has been in beans for over 10 years. Still raises 50 60 bu., sometimes a little better, if we get the right rain. I don't think 3 or 4 years of straight beans will hurt much when inputs for corn are so high. Then throw in the extra storage and trucking, residue to handle. I think there will be a few more acres of beans planted at the cost to the other grains for sure. IMO

Comment

• DB, I've done beans on beans on beans before without any huge set backs. I knew Pioneer was going to ***** me on my seed corn acreage this year, went to a meeting Friday and they pulled out of our whole county because of a 60% cut in production after last years 50% haircut so in all, 24,0000 acres in 2013 to just over 5 in 2015, smelling this was coming, I bolstered up my winter wheat plantings this past fall and 250lb mapped all the rest of my acres knowing beans on beans would be on tap for 2015.I will not spend my way into huge debtloads growing corn with inputs through the roof and them Pioneer pvks won't compensate for bag prices for loss of seed corn growing this year, so I say ***** the corn and let the beans roll and double crop'em behind the wheat this year as well.No worries there Dave.

Comment

• Same plan here. What are you applying for fertilizer on the bean on bean rotation. I put 150 lbs Potash and 50 lbs of DAP on the cornstalks going to beans. I planted all of my beans on 15" rows last year, but just bought a Houke Hitch and another 15' JD No-till drill to run in tandem. I'm a corn growing fool....but I can't get it to pencil...guys calculating based on last year and 2013 yields will be in for a bloodbath come harvest if we even have a halfway normal growing season....coupled with ***** blowing up right and left on the financial front.

Comment

• If you guys are in the majority I think planting corn just might be the thing to do....

Comment

Working...
                                X