No announcement yet.

Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ole horseface Kerry gets a 250,000.00 free ride compliments of the taxpayers of the US

s The Washington Post reports,

Secretary of State John F. Kerry, who broke his leg in a bicycling accident near Geneva Sunday, left for home Monday aboard a specially outfitted U.S. military aircraft.

The C-17 transport plane, dispatched from the U.S. base in Ramstein, Germany, was “staffed by additional military medical personnel in keeping with standard practice,” Kerry spokesman John Kirby said.

Kerry, 71, is en route to Boston, where he will be admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital under the care of Dennis Burke, the surgeon who operated on him for a previous hip replacement on the same leg.

He broke his right femur, near the site of the replaced hip joint, when he hit a curb with his bicycle wheel and fell at the beginning of a ride near the French town of Scionzier, about 30 miles from Geneva. He was flown by medical helicopter to a Geneva hospital, where he stayed until his medical evacuation.

He is scheduled to arrive in Boston on Monday evening.

Initial plans to fly Kerry aboard a commercial medical evacuation aircraft late Sunday were cancelled after physicians decided that he should remain in Geneva for further evaluation.

There was no indication of whether further surgery will be required.

So that's good then... though at a cost of at least $24,000 per hour, we have 2 quick questions:

1) Given the cost-conscious White House could they not have found a more comfortable (or cheaper) option - Warren Buffett's private jet? and

2) It's a broken femur!... not a brain aneurism, or heart malfunction, or any manner of considerably more complex health problems that might have required an arsenal of medical equipment to ensure survival

And for those cynics who see this as a timely 'accident' to avoid the looming Iran deadline, The White House has this to say...

While Kerry’s recovery period is unknown, State Department officials insisted that he will not be prevented from participating in the ongoing nuclear negotiations with Iran, which are closing in on a deadline at the end of the month.

“The secretary is absolutely committed to moving with the negotiations, to proceeding with them on the exact same timetable as before his accident," State Department spokeswoman Mari Harf said today. "[It's] critical to stress that he is committed to doing so in the same time frame.”

So rest assured - if there any missed deadlines, it is not because Iran is 'dealing' with Russia for new nuclaer facilities or trying to slow-play America, it's just Kerry's recovery

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      They're all going to walk it out !
      bt1: One of the options that I gave farmers was to cash rent their ground out and get the cash rent up front. Farmers who followed this advice have the money in the bank and don't have to worry about walking anything out. I gave farmers a lot of profitable options.. What is YOUR marketing advice for C and SB below the cost of production??? Hummmm?????

Comment

• OC cash corn at Poet in Mitchell, SD=3.21 @-.31 basis CN5 yesterday.

OC cash milo=3.01 @-.51 basis CN5=20 cents LESS than corn. So much for the milo premium.

NC cash corn for Oct/Nov delivery=3.11 @-.58 basis CZ5.

Like I said a long time ago before a single wheel turned on a planter, "Don't plant corn unless you can walk it out."

Comment

• df's comment about how all this grain needs to come to town is interesting. It is the what the market has been harping about for a couple years now. What if it never does, what if it was never produced in the quantity the USDA said it was? If good prices and + basis didn't lure it out of farmers hands, maybe, just maybe they never had it to bring to town.

I couldn't produce on several contracts and either had to buy them out, or was bought out of them, or rolled them depending on price the last couple years. I was not the only person in my neighborhood who was forced to do this done this. I sure hope the market isn't still waiting for all those bushels to come town, quite a few never will.

I know, I know, everyone knows that person that has 250,000 bu. of corn stored that they were offered huge $$$$ for and never sold. I know of some corn cribs that have had cob corn in them thirty years too, what's your point? I tried to buy some soybeans from one of these individuals last fall to fill a good contract. When it came right down to it, he finally had to admit he did not have the rumored bushels to sell. The dick measuring never ends in ag land, mine is always bigger than yours, until it comes time to prove it, especially when it comes to yield. I'm not so sure the market realizes this.

Some corn acres are being disked under and abandoned in the NW part of my state, some acres are going to be abandoned again this year in states to my South just like I was forced to do last year due to weather extreme's, it all adds up. 89 million acres of corn planted this year will not happen, and the crop that is planted is far from in the bin, the market better not wait too long.

Comment

• USDA Crop Progress for May 31, 2015

Corn planting=95% complete.

USDA is forecasting Planted Acres=89.2ma. .05 x 89.2=4.46ma left to plant. We are past the insurance date in most of the Corn Belt. If corn is being planted for silage, you deliberately plant it late to make it grow taller. Azz u me half goes to corn silage and half goes to SB. That ain't bullish SB. Brock's 7.35 is looking more and more likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by 82 View Post
              df's comment about how all this grain needs to come to town is interesting. It is the what the market has been harping about for a couple years now. What if it never does, what if it was never produced in the quantity the USDA said it was? If good prices and + basis didn't lure it out of farmers hands, maybe, just maybe they never had it to bring to town.

I couldn't produce on several contracts and either had to buy them out, or was bought out of them, or rolled them depending on price the last couple years. I was not the only person in my neighborhood who was forced to do this done this. I sure hope the market isn't still waiting for all those bushels to come town, quite a few never will.

I know, I know, everyone knows that person that has 250,000 bu. of corn stored that they were offered huge $$$$ for and never sold. I know of some corn cribs that have had cob corn in them thirty years too, what's your point? I tried to buy some soybeans from one of these individuals last fall to fill a good contract. When it came right down to it, he finally had to admit he did not have the rumored bushels to sell. The dick measuring never ends in ag land, mine is always bigger than yours, until it comes time to prove it, especially when it comes to yield. I'm not so sure the market realizes this.

Some corn acres are being disked under and abandoned in the NW part of my state, some acres are going to be abandoned again this year in states to my South just like I was forced to do last year due to weather extreme's, it all adds up. 89 million acres of corn planted this year will not happen, and the crop that is planted is far from in the bin, the market better not wait too long.
              82: This is a futures market, and billions of dollars say that every single point that you raised is ALREADY factored into the OC and NC price. If you don't agree, and you really believe what you posted, the solution is simple...go long C and SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will you do it????????? I didn't think so..............

Comment

• 48, I have about 1100 acres of corn planted. 1100 x 150 bpa = 165,000 bu/5000 = 33. By my calculation I am long at least 33 contracts, more if my yield is better than 150 bpa .

If you believe everything you post, how short are you?

FWIW, I will make money raising corn by not "walking it off."

edit too add...grow some balls 48
                Last edited by 82; 06-02-2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• If 48 is as "short" as I'm thinking, a set of balls to back it up won't matter for chit...just saying.

Comment

• just shaking my head here 48 knows all, bet he has not ever farmed where you get a lot of rain at times in the spring, bet hes never farmed wet clay soils, a lot of bets ,82 and DB has the story right
                    no plant = no money

Comment

• Question 48. Why do you and your billionaire trader buddies hate the US tax payer so much? You do realize you people are going to cost the taxpayer billions of $$$$$? It won't be Obama's or the USADA's farm programs fault, look in the mirror, it will be yours and all your pal's fault.

I've got 100% base acres. When you write your income tax check out for at least 33.33% or more of your profit made from shorting the grain market, just make it to 82 farm and mail to P.O. Box 666, MN. TIA.

The price of grain makes absolutely NO difference to people like you. Why not bounce the market back and forth at a higher level and do the US economy, and tax payer a favor for change.

Just in case you didn't know. $5.29 on corn, and $12.27 on soybeans should be your key level of support to help keep the economy rolling.

Thanks again for betting against the USA. I better go do a little side dressing, I would hate for the US to run out of corn.

Comment

• Originally posted by pldairy View Post
                        just shaking my head here 48 knows all, bet he has not ever farmed where you get a lot of rain at times in the spring, bet hes never farmed wet clay soils, a lot of bets ,82 and DB has the story right
                        no plant = no money
                        On our clay soils- If not for the subsurface drainage in this area- many crops would not be planted and those that were would be spotty at best. Over 15 days of rain in May with a total of over 10 inches. The crops that I lost could have been saved with even greater investments in tile and waterways. We have spent over 80 k improving drainage over the last 6 years but we are still short capacity and always will be for the type of weather pattern that we had in May.

Many of the largest tile mains were installed in this area over a century ago. They are aging and the added capacity hooked up to them causes them to be overloaded.
                        “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

• Jabber...that Purple Pioneer corn is on it's way to recover.....it is now a purple /yellow mix....which is basically brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by db51 View Post
                            Jabber...that Purple Pioneer corn is on it's way to recover.....it is now a purple /yellow mix....which is basically brown.
                            Is purple/yellow worse than green/yellow/orange????????????????? The trace of some purple here is gone but the wet waterlogged soils have some of the yellowish green/l orangish lower leaves.
                            “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

• my corn stands are a lot to be desired,I've had corn in the ground for a month and it's only 3-4 leaf and punney.We were very dry the first rain we had was a nice 3.5 inch soaker over 3 days,only problem was it was so cold it was trying to snow.since it started raining 3 weeks ago we've had almost 8 inches of rain it all has come fairly slow very little water standing..even in the hills very little ran off.But we've been cold.I ssuppose the cold rain shocked the seed,some fields only have 24-25k for a stand,I dropped 34-35k.The fields I planted after the 1st rain are better 30-32k and is just as big.Beans are also slow to emerge.it was suppose to be in the 80's all week,only had 1 day tue it hit 80,cloudy yesterday 72 for a high,cloudy today low 70's for a high.doesnt look like any 80's now until next week,showers and t storms thru sunday,
                              Grain markets act like they're trying to reverse back to the upside,Fri close will confirm weather or not we have weekly reversals to the upside,might just be shortcovering as funds got to short to early,rains make grain may have turned into to much of a good thing.If we do get bullish weekly reversals,follow thru next week will be needed to confirmed the worm has indeed turned.

Comment

• Same here steffy. I've got a 95% stand on pretty much everything which is good because only dropped 29,500 corn seeds/acre this year, but this has to be about one of sickest looking, slowest growing corn crops I have ever seen. Moldboard plowed, no-till, it seems to makes no difference, it's just slow. You spray something on it, even straight water, it seems like you get a little damage. Kind of reminds me a lot of 1993, that wasn't a very good year for yield, at least here it wasn't. Time will tell, lots of growing season ahead, the weather experts are talking 80's next week, we sure need a few days of them.

Quite a few more acres of small grain was seeded in my backyard this year, it was looking really good, it's starting to look not so good now, it's getting kind of yellow and uneven looking.

Got poured out about noon yesterday side dressing. Wound up with about another .6" of moisture. Foggy and 55*F now.

Comment

Working...
                                X