No announcement yet.

Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure you read Jerry Gulke's comments on DTN. It was a little confusing. He was defending farmers who still have grain in storage. If I was mischievious, I would ask him if that's the advice he gave subscribers of his service. JHF Jerry.

Comment

• The home page of AW has the following article: "Why They Grow Thirsty Alfalfa in Parched California."

This is a good article with interesting info...like CA is the No. 1 DAIRY state. But, they never answered the question. In fact they mislead with "...Thirsty Alfalfa..."

Alfalfa is the most drought tolerant crop there is fb SB fb milo...EXCEPT...milo is not drought tolerant at all after it reaches the reproductive stage.

Comment

• "...5 attorneys on retainer..." ...a naturally litigious nature, I guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by steffy View Post
          Miht just as well 82,most of you Mn folks act like cannucks anyway.
          ROTFLMAO - Good one steffy !

Comment

• Originally posted by ECI View Post
            ROTFLMAO - Good one steffy !
            Pricks.

Comment

• Originally posted by steffy View Post
              sharply higher US$ has corn and wheat sharply lower ,wheat is down 16-17 cents,hard to believe when one see's pictures of the record flooding in Tx and Ok,but some in the trade think conditions will actually improve tonight as they think rains benefit more than they hurt a real wtf if you ask me,I guess if funds don't cover their hugh short positions off this type of weather nothing will spook them.Rains came to late here to help the wheat crop most has been adjusted and released.it's being sprayed out.a big chunk of the southern plains has had to most rain in may since they started to keep records,some saying this is a 500 yr event,and more on the way this weekend.this is an epic disaster,but trade doesn't think it's a big deal again wtf.

steffy -- you took the wtf right out of my mouth - I had read the same thing - I truly believe this year - I have read more dumbchit from traders than ever before - maybe this is there 500 year dumbazz attack --- just the other day - I had read were places down south along some river was flooded out - lots of acres - and the way it read - it was all planted - then some trader said - well the farmers will replant beans in them acres - adding to all the other beans planted and it was to late to replant it - to me - that was the dumbest thing I think I ever read - first off - if it was planted - then most likely it was sprayed - and there just aren't to many corn programs that you can use to spray either beans or corn . Then they may have had there N on it to - I would bet - even if it was getting late - they wouldn't just lose that N and they will replant it to corn - But heres the game changer - crop insurance - if it was planted - then won't it be zero'd out ? why replant it ?? Then - If the citys are flooding away in Texas - what al them corn acres ? What about what 479 said the other day - man they should be cutting down there and in OK and it's sprouting in the head - now that will be some good chit right there . A lot of beans just now going in the ground here ! I will be honest here - I have never planted beans on race day that set the world on fire ! then we have the ones that were mudded in - the stage is set for the big shoe to drop on them latter this season . Iowa 55 put up a good post about the NB beans not In the ground . These jerkoffs from the windy city just don't have a clue sometimes - lol

BTW Man oh man - just that a T-storm come threw - I bet the wind got close to 60 mph and boy did it rain , Just went under a T-storm watch - --- Well Fk me !

Comment

• Well, I had been wondering what happened to IowaCornFarmer, and now I know.......he's been reincarnated as 48.

Comment

• boy its violent on AW today-----------------------dave

Comment

• sounded like everyone had a cob up their ***------------------------dave

Comment

• Only good thing about the midsouth wheat crop is it is worthless. As bad as it is it would be real sad if the price was any good.

Comment

• As I don't spew the B.S. you do I don't need a bullrack.

Your up to 400 acres of kocia (tumble weeds for those that don't know)

So you admit you're just the help?

ALL HAT STILL NO CATTLE.

2.25" rain here in last three days

Small % of beans planted in this area not conducive to good yields

The experts say we already have flooded the market.

The growers are standing in line around here to give away their corn on price later "free DP"

Have filled the local coop and caused the basis to fall. Cash corn ended with a $3.40 bid.today.

Nothing free about it for the growers, I'm not much liking getting sucked down with them.

Visited with a loan officer today and the take away for me is things aren't good out in the hinterlands for a fairly high % of farmers.

He was having a hard time believing how soon after good times it was happening

Comment

• I wish that someone had access to some real numbers instead of hype we have heard for the last five years or more. Used to hear that most farm ground was being paid for with cash I wonder what percent was and where? In my neck of the woods several are now seeking larger lines of credit but I have no idea of what percent. When prices for corn were sky high seems like quite a few had a lot of corn to sell, but claimed that they were presold the year before. Yes, the wheel has turned as it always does but it would be nice to know facts and not bull****! Hard to make marketing decisions knowing that we don't know what we should know!

Comment

• I had to look and see if this was the marketing page or not. lol My corn is the best looking crop I have ever put in the ground, beans too for that matter. With that said I hear planting is above expectation and I figure lower prices will ensue for the short run until everything gets sorted out. I still feel some sort of rally is in the wings but who knows really. I figure if I sell the rest of my 2015 crop for $4.00 then the USDA will discover we don't have a good crop after all and poof the market will turn around a bit and higher prices might come back. I have over 50% sold corn and beans and I'm at the point I think I will sell another 25% soon. I just got 4 tenths of rain and with the looks of my crops I'm heading for a bumper crop. Can't say 100%, but things look real good going into June. It's been really dry the month of May..4 tenths prior to this last rain, deep rooted corn spells higher yields provide we get that timely rain at pollination.

I have a JD 1790 16/32 pulled with a JD 8420. RTK, row command, prescription, liquid fert, hydraulic drives, all the bells and whistles. With the new Drones coming this season to our farm we will have another tool to preset our planter for next year. I like this new tech but I loved my JD 4520 and 8 row 7000, then again my 7120 and 12 row 900 were the best No till rig going. Simple rigs for the most part and got the job done, but no comparison to the rig I have now. Dial in your pops or prescribe your fields, push the button, name your pleasure, its a dream machine, although its not without it's problems. It's a learning experience for sure and I've had hydraulic issues up the azz, but I don't think I'll go back and use horses anytime soon. lol I'm looking forward to running robots in the near future. My back is getting sore riding these tractors all day and half the night. It takes me a while to get upright after coming in at night and sitting down for awhile. I get up and start to walk and I'm all bent over like a 90 year old man. lol This has nothing to do with marketing but without a machine to put in a crop you can't very well market can you?

I still have 36 acres to plant. Tile is one tool that keeps on giving and I'm putting tile on this new farm 1st, then plant beans. Beans don't like wet feet you know.

Comment

• Greg....that voodoo thing is still lurking around out there, looking for it's intended victim. Don't get overconfident in your seemingly good fortune. Just sayin.

Comment

• db's correct again Greg, I had a record crop until a few days go, all it takes is about a half hour for the worm to turn.

I raised a very substandard crop for the past two years thanks to weather and any old crop I managed to salvage has been priced for a very long time. Now if they would only let me finish delivering those stupid NGMO beans things would great. Growing those beans is kind of like growing wheat in my backyard, you have to do it about once every ten years to refresh your memory as to why you don't grow them.

New crop corn has been trading pretty much sideways since last fall so I'm just patiently waiting on the sidelines waiting for a decent opportunity to get some hedges on. I have had some auto offers in since Dec. 2014 so the trading robot would make the trade, it missed my very conservative price goal by $.03 way back the end of Dec. I then got even more conservative and lowered the trading robots price goal, and the robot missed the goal again by about $.07 in late March. I'm not going to lower the goal again, if I raise anything this year it can sit in the bin until the goal is reached. I'll rent it out next year if I need money.

What have I learned or re-learned so far this season? Marketing plans usually don't work, never set goals, then you're never disappointed. And robots can't think for themselves, when things start going bad, you sometimes still have to do the chitty work yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X