Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 48 View Post
    A 90hp tractor and a 12R planter. You need to be posting in the Humor Section..
    Ignorance and arrogance all in the same line, heavy on the first one

Used to pull the 8 wide 7000 with a 170AC diesel, never had an issue, run a hundred acres on 15 gal of fuel.

Maybe that's why I'm still farming and you're renting yours out. You had yours given to you, I had to pay for mine.

Just positively amazing how them who can't, can tell those who do, how to do it.

The problem with you is, so much of what you know just ain't so.

Comment

• Lot's of interesting stories in my neighborhood about check wires. The one I always found most interesting was knowing how much slack to leave in the wire so when they went up and down our short steep hills the two row planters didn't get lifted out of the ground. The four rows just snapped the wire, and made for many more stories.

FWIW, a good friend of mine planted with a 4020 hooked to a brand new White/Agco 12 row planter right up until this year. I think he bought himself a two wheel drive 4455. We always have put dry fertilizer down, or been spraying and fertilizing with the planter so we always needed a little more tractor.

A nice running 1206 worked great on an 8 row.

That POS 400 blow planter was traded the day after this pic was taken I've been told for a 7000 Deere...mid season. The 400 was on it's second season. All I really remember about that planter was scratching around helping trying to find where it blew seeds, and lot's of colorful language.

Green=Good planter. Red=Bad planter. That's just how it is. Some things scar...influence people for life.

Comment

• I was too young for the check row stuff my grandad's two row still has the check system and we have a roll of wire around here somewhere but would bet it has not been laid out in over 70 years! Today when we are playing around we just run it in the solid seed mode. Still does a nice job on sweet corn for the garden, my problem is the team is to green to know what to do. My 85 year old father can still plant a straight line with them my tends to wander but you get more corn in a crooked row.. 82 I never thought about check wire on hills my gosh that would have been a pain! Jabber you did hit the nail on the head how quite and simple it is and it sure makes me appreciate our hydraulic fold 24' disk and how much less labor it takes today compared to back then. Would love to be able to go back and eat a threshing crew dinner back then but that was all gone by the time I knew anything as dad was using a 66 All crop with a 70 John Deere. Today when I pull our restored 72 All Crop I can not believe how long it takes to dump a 30 bushel hopper and compared to the old ways that was fast! I do find it interesting that they were worried about the same things back then that we are: high input cost, low prices and how to make farming pay. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Comment

• I guess we had our Turbo 1206/Hiniker cab for about 35 years. I ran it a lot of years for final tillage pass. Never had any engine work done on it. In later years needed ether when less than 100 degrees outside. Yes sir, 82, my (red) 5088 pulls my (green) 1750 planter.
          Last edited by Freedom farmer; 05-24-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Don't get down too bad on that blow planter....It was great for test plot planting...lmao....a seed salesman's dream...and seeing planter plates fade into history was great. I have a neighbor who still plants with an 806 and a blow planter....funny story.....During a wet spring, I had finished planting and went to help him finish up...actually, he was just starting....I brought him some seed and we filled it up, spun the drum and everything seed to be working fine....His dickey John monitor...the one with the orange lights wouldn't work, so he said f&^%$# it, I planted my whole life without one of those....We were in an 80....started in the middle, I planted one direction and he started went the other.....I said, " You think maybe we should check the seed spacing and depth?" lmao..."hell no....I always leave it on the same setting...have for years.....

Later that day, we finished and headed to the house for some of those miniature MIllers. I happened to look in his seed hopper...and it was still full...lmao.....a mouse nest must have been in the down tube.....he planted the whole 40 and hadn't put down a seed. So....we downed a twelve pack (he had 10, I had 2) and I headed back out with the JD and finished it up.....laughing my azz off the whole time....

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowa55 View Post
              Ignorance and arrogance all in the same line, heavy on the first one

Used to pull the 8 wide 7000 with a 170AC diesel, never had an issue, run a hundred acres on 15 gal of fuel.

Maybe that's why I'm still farming and you're renting yours out. You had yours given to you, I had to pay for mine.

Just positively amazing how them who can't, can tell those who do, how to do it.

The problem with you is, so much of what you know just ain't so.
              hobby farmer: I still actively farm more land than YOU own. One of the pieces of advice I gave all readers with the price of C and SB likely to be below the Cost of Production at harvest, was to cash rent their ground out and get the cash rent in advance. You don't have any idea how I acquired this land. That is just lieing slander on your part. I suspect that you farm more of your wife's ground and her parents' land than you do your own. This is a marketing thread. Where is your marketing advice???

Comment

• Now who's still the dumb azz?

Last chance for you... my wife's parents never had over 15acres with a mortgage in their life,

I'm purely tired of you and your out right lies and innuendo, I'm impressed that you are jellious of me.

Since when did you start farming over 1000 acres?

You farm nothing. Renting it to someone else does not make you a farmer or rancher.

Do you not remember posting on this very site about you inheriting your uncle's farm through your parents and how mad you are your sister got half?

Got a personal message today from one of your " friends" you say you have, about you and I quote

"Sad part is he's too big a fool to realize just how big a fool he really is"

I own the cattle on this farm.

My favorite term for you is "all hat NO cattle" still fits you.

One comment I have for you if you continue this is, go as far as you can afford.

Your personal attacks on most of the successful people that used to populate this site is just appalling.

Comment

• received about another 1/2 in of rain,more forcast for wed/'wed nite.Only have about 250 ac of beans left to plant,3-4 days of spraying should about get me over everything once.We need some heat.It's been 2 1/2 weeks since the first rain and the corn just starting to spike and beans just cracking the ground,Our pastures are really not growing much either need sunshine and some heat.Talked to a friend from Omaha said not a tire has turned in 3 weeks,his bott still had 200 ac of corn and 1800 beans to plant and it rained again all weekend.quite a bit will need to be replanted.Poor folks in OK and Tx,go from drought to most May rainfall on record.Just can't see how all the trade thinks this crop is in perfect shape,It's june first and looks like the crop is falling behind.wheat crop now has to much rain.the southern areas look very far beind Mo , ark.,tn La,ky,making them at risk of the high summer temps hurting crops.Makes me wonder if that last 10% of the corn gets planted,beans may also end up with pp in the south,whats the final plant date in the southern states.

Comment

• When for a road trip to my youngest nephews hs graduation in Lincoln Ne yesterday afternoon.

Went west on hwy 34 from her e in South central Iowa, all I can say is wow the drought is NO where to be found. With th exception of an eight mile stretch of freshly planted beans on he backside of the Loss hills around the 15 mile marker area there are not enough beans planted on that 150mile stretch to keep a back yard flock chickens in protein through the winter.

Came back on hwy 92 through western Iowa and for the first 40 miles fresh planter tracks in most fields. From hwy 71 east just back to wet wet wet, and very high % of UN planted stalk fields.

This is the first year I remember the corn along that route being all the same size. The biggest corn was a few fields in the Missouri river bottom. 95% of that area appears to just be a swamp..

Big bean yields out of June planted fields that have been too wet all spring will be the exception. Saw lots of big center fill planters just waiting for the chance to go a day or two too early and add compaction to the list of things that limited yields this year

Comment

• WE SEEM TO BE THE GARDEN SPOT NOT TOO WET NOR DRY CORN LOOKING TERRIFIC WITH GREAT STANDS MY BEANS ALL UP POPS LOOK TERRIFIC THERE NEED A NICE SLOW INCH OF RAIN THIS WEEKEND PRICES ARE COLLAPSING AS IMPORTANT resistance points are taken out especially beans having majority of physical locked in I'M feeling fortunate even though it's a long dash to the finish line hope all you yanks had a fruitful holiday weekend and stay safe if you are still awaiting another green light to finish sorry for the letter caps typing this cap on my hand held

Comment

• I'm gonna move to Canada.

Comment

• Miht just as well 82,most of you Mn folks act like cannucks anyway.

Comment

• sharply higher US$ has corn and wheat sharply lower ,wheat is down 16-17 cents,hard to believe when one see's pictures of the record flooding in Tx and Ok,but some in the trade think conditions will actually improve tonight as they think rains benefit more than they hurt a real wtf if you ask me,I guess if funds don't cover their hugh short positions off this type of weather nothing will spook them.Rains came to late here to help the wheat crop most has been adjusted and released.it's being sprayed out.a big chunk of the southern plains has had to most rain in may since they started to keep records,some saying this is a 500 yr event,and more on the way this weekend.this is an epic disaster,but trade doesn't think it's a big deal again wtf.

Comment

• Usda said in January we would raise a record crop. The government is never wrong! Weather makes no difference now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowa55 View Post
                                Now who's still the dumb azz?

Last chance for you... my wife's parents never had over 15acres with a mortgage in their life,

I'm purely tired of you and your out right lies and innuendo, I'm impressed that you are jellious of me.

Since when did you start farming over 1000 acres?

You farm nothing. Renting it to someone else does not make you a farmer or rancher.

Do you not remember posting on this very site about you inheriting your uncle's farm through your parents and how mad you are your sister got half?

Got a personal message today from one of your " friends" you say you have, about you and I quote

"Sad part is he's too big a fool to realize just how big a fool he really is"

I own the cattle on this farm.

My favorite term for you is "all hat NO cattle" still fits you.

One comment I have for you if you continue this is, go as far as you can afford.

Your personal attacks on most of the successful people that used to populate this site is just appalling.
                                hobby farmer:

If "jellious" means jealous...rest assured that I am not jealous of you.

You said: "Since when did you start farming over 1000 acres?"

When I gave you a crop tour, I showed you about 1700 acres.

You said: "You farm nothing."

Weeeellll...since I RETIRED, I still actively farm about 400 acres. I also actively manage a stocker steer operation on over 650acres of pasture. That's over 1000acres. I own a tonner and a 32' goose neck stock trailer. I also own a bull rack with a dedicated semi tractor to it. How many bullracks do you own???

You make thinly veiled threats: "...go as far as you can afford."

Weeellll...you can't sue people for telling the truth. I have 5 attorneys on retainer, so bring it on.

I thought we agreed that you would post on agriculture.com, and I would post on AW. As usual your word means nothing. Soooo...I guess you won't mind me enlightening people on agriculture.com about you.

I asked you to turn over a new leaf. Your response was: "Go to he!!." I will let readers judge for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X