No announcement yet.

Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.weather.com/forecast/national/news/summer-temperature-forecast-june-july-august

Weather Channel targeting high plains for much below temps all summer. Interesting.

Comment

• Got a "rescue me" call from a young farmer in the area yesterday evening.

He was pushing the limits wit his 8300t Deere and 24 row planter and had it all in about 15" of mud.

He had be trying to get it out with two 120 up tractors and farm and home chains.

When I got there, one broken chain, one broken three pt arm on one of the pullers.

Took about twenty minutes and several resets to get him on higher, dryer ground so he could start the dig the mud out of the planter fun and games thing.

He is desperately trying to get the last of his corn in.

I've still got 300ish acres of beans of my own to put in and every single field has water standing somewhere on it.

He wants me to come help plant beans where ever I can on some of his rolling hill ground.

My 12 row and 90 hp planting combo is a lot easier to get unstuck and leaves a much smaller hole in the field.

Comment

• that doesn't sound exactly hobby size, but you aren't in Western Kansas desert where every corner on the tractor has triplets and takes 200 yards to get backed into the NON irrigated electric fenced off "cover crop" corners..

Comment

• 8300T = tracked tractor never seen one of them dueled or trippled

Back to the weather thing ...last year was the year without Sunshine, just mostly daylight, this year is continuing that theme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowa55 View Post
            8300T = tracked tractor never seen one of them dueled or trippled

Back to the weather thing ...last year was the year without Sunshine, just mostly daylight, this year is continuing that theme.
            same here cool and on the wetter side, got the 895 with the disk stuck yesterday, took 2 hours of screwing around to get that hog out. it was dry on top ,but underneath it was soup........got to love muck ground, even snapped off an 1/2" cable , more fun!!!!!

Comment

• finished corn,yesterday,down to 3 pivots of beans,should be down to 1 by tonight if rain holds off,will be caught up to planter with thesprayer by tonight also.I'd take alittle rain ,would gladly welcome warmer temps as some corn in the ground a month still isn't up

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowa55 View Post
                8300T = tracked tractor never seen one of them dueled or trippled

It was sarcasm 55, with a couple gallons of gasoline....with enough to p I s s ole 48...and must have...a shower with nearly 0.40 for today that the desert probably didn't
                get.

Comment

• A 90hp tractor and a 12R planter. You need to be posting in the Humor Section..

Comment

• In this old country you never cuss the rain, but it's sure nice to see the sun this afternoon. If I had DSI wheat, I would sure be throwing inexpensive Folicur on it.
                    Last edited by 48; 05-23-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Brock is showing Bear Flag objective of 735 on the SX5 Weekly Continuation. IMHO, this is a weak bear flag. I would rather see them use their Congestion Area analysis. The first is around 1200. The second is around 975. 1200-975=225. 975-225=750 vs 735. Anyway you slice it, it's in the ball park, and it ain't bullish.

Comment

• My dad planted with 12r/ MF100 (90-100hp). It's now my 2nd (of 2) tractors. Not humorous, 48, just a good ol' reliable tractor.

Comment

• I thought 90 hp was a little low for the 12 row but when I figured it up that is 2hp per row more than I am using. I don't cruise over all my hills but I get there. Some of my ground is steep enough I don't always leave tracks on the upper side.

Comment

• Well golly now do I feel bad I still have a 2 row with two HORSE power and I have a lot of power to get up the hills! Now my "big" planter is still a 6 row 7000 that I bought new and with new meters it still plants a picket fence but I still use a 4020 or 2640 to pull it and still have enough power. Each one of my boxes has to plant 50 acres a year so I guess I will never wear it out! Still trying to mount auto-steer to the tongue of the International 100 but darn horses won't listen to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SIllinoisfarmer View Post
                              Well golly now do I feel bad I still have a 2 row with two HORSE power and I have a lot of power to get up the hills! Now my "big" planter is still a 6 row 7000 that I bought new and with new meters it still plants a picket fence but I still use a 4020 or 2640 to pull it and still have enough power. Each one of my boxes has to plant 50 acres a year so I guess I will never wear it out! Still trying to mount auto-steer to the tongue of the International 100 but darn horses won't listen to it!

Cut my planting teeth on a 4020 gas (no cab) with an 8 row 7000. It had plenty of power and hydraulics.

I have never witnessed planting with horses or someone using a check wire. I would guess there are a lot of posters on here who don't know what a check wire is.

Watching a farm operator cultivate with a team was a great experience. Tillage without the sound of engines- only the clop of hooves, the jingling of harness, and the sound of the soil flowing into the row was new to me.
                              “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

• Auto steer is nothing new. Grandpa's horses knew what to do!

Comment

Working...
                                X