No announcement yet.

Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just have quickly scouted a couple hundred acres of my fall chisel plowed corn. It looks like it's a pretty tattered stand. Not close enough to tear up, but way less than ideal. When hauling some pairs to pasture I saw my spring field finished ground had a perfect stand. Haven't checked on the strip-till ground but I expect that to be fine as well. It's not a factor in the scheme of things but it's not all well out in the country. My no-tilled beans are finally going to row I think at the three week mark. With the warm weather coming they look like they will make a good stand. I even backed them down to 130k. We'll see. I've seen some of my best beans come off my poorest stands.

Comment

• Reason for tattered stands on chiseled ground=dry dirt. I've never seen a spring where we haven't had any significant moisture till this one.

Comment

• It's colder than a well digger's azz out there tonight...and wet after drizzling all afternoon....looks like it will be dry enough to run weekend....just when the next rains start. Been walking beans with chemical reps etc.....amazing watching all of them denying responsibility . . . You won't believe some of the stuff that has come out of their mouths....At least it's just one 80 acre field.....think the rest will make it....Stuff islooking rough down here...I can't imagine what the temps north of here are doing to things...albeit, it probably isn't that much colder....43 1 here now.

Comment

• DB, ran into that type of same stuff last year with alot of "homie don't kill that stuff" mantra after they sell you there over priced guaranteed to kill chit.
          I asked them to come up with a concoction this year to PPI in, three magic elixers in one tank for GIANT ragweed, and I still have that chit growing after killing the initial flush.I remember I had Jerusalem artichoke around on the outer perifery of one sand field that there was only one thing that killed it and that was paraquat, beans didn't like that app. lol
          some guys going on light ground, sporatic mind you, awaiting perfect conditions will be there downfall this year after the wet week set up for next week and after that too.....

Comment

• Tom....exactly when do you sleep? 2:42.a.m? wtf....My old azz requires a little more shut eye....Cold and wet here this am...nearly into the 30's...another big WTF....soil temps in the mid to low 40's.....according to USDA, Prime growing conditions for another record crop.....Seriously folks....there is some irreversible damage being done out there.....especially soybeans....and I don't believe this is doing corn any good either. 60 degrees and cloudy a drying day doesn't make....I'm not sure if anything will get planted before 2nd week in June from the looks of the forecast.

I need to stop Doomsaying.....after all....Record High Stock Market, Record number of people on Disability, Welfare, Food stamps, Record Debt, Record Drug Use, Record Out of wedlock babies, Record Violence, Record Volcanoes, Record World Conflicts, Record Droughts in SW, Record Corn Crops, Record, Bean Crop, Record Milo, Record Wheat...I mean W T F.....I need to get my happy face on today.

Comment

• db, before I got a computer I thought everything was wonderful. Now everything sucks. You make me laugh, but only because I mostly laugh at myself. But I've got cows so after losing money for I can't remember how long, everyone thinks I'm rich. Been a long time since a tax bill came due. Maybe this will be the year.

Comment

• Db51 it will all be alright until it isn't ! . It is far better to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best, then be like most of the sheeple who always expect the best and have no idea it can get worse. Always keep a healthy skeptism no matter what the experts tell you. Desk traders have no clue that in order to have corn you start the spring before, if you want to eat beef you had better start breeding 14 months or more before you need it. This " just in time" delivery system will work until it doesn't . The old saying that you don't miss the water until the well goes dry will be a hard taught lesson for the masses who have always had it. Always electricity, water, garbage, gas, when you flip the switch- brought to you by those who plan ahead. Those folks are now retired or dead and the young ones have never done without, yet! Anyone who thinks we will never run out of a commodity have no clue, but at least they will have their paper contracts to save them- not!

Comment

• Over here on the beach in western Ohio we not only need a little heat but could use some sunshine too. Corn planted 1st week of May got a good start with those 80 degree temps but anything planted after that heatwave is struggling. I don't remember firing up the wood stove this late in May. By this time we are usually sipping pina coladas watching the tide roll away.

I am running beans today into cold dirt. It is 48° as I write this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BinswOH View Post
                    Over here on the beach in western Ohio we not only need a little heat but could use some sunshine too. Corn planted 1st week of May got a good start with those 80 degree temps but anything planted after that heatwave is struggling. I don't remember firing up the wood stove this late in May. By this time we are usually sipping pina coladas watching the tide roll away.

I am running beans today into cold dirt. It is 48° as I write this.
                    Bins: Where is that temp deg symbol on your keyboard? If mine has one, I don't see it.

Comment

• Cash cattle sold for $161 in KS yesterday=steady with last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDakotan View Post
                        There's nothing like a guy that doesn't have a feedlot, doesn't own any cattle, has never built bins for his operation, walked into it all, rents the land out, etc.. Now telling the rest of us how we should operate. LMAO!!!
                        SD: If I have all that going against me, I must be pretty smart to give such good advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 48 View Post
                          SD: If I have all that going against me, I must be pretty smart to give such good advice.
                          Truly a legend in his own mind.

Comment

• We were 34؛F this morning...with Frost. Neat this time of year to see the "steam" of the warmer water coming off the lake this morning. NOT unusual in the fall...

btw...everyone has one... ) ؛ (

Last edited by dennis1; 05-21-2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Can't believe it....3:15 a.m. and TomOnt isn't already iup pounding the keyboard. Thought I'd best get up and get with the progam this morning, make a run at it before the weekend rain. Nest week is really looking ugly from a being wet standpoint.we'll be pushing some ground that really isn't quite ready....maybe the sun will show favor today. Someone should be cutting and baling hay.... fescue in waterways and road ditches is armpit high in full head...Thank God I don't have a couple hundred acres of alfalfa or Red Clover to put up....

Everyone stay safe... db51 has his Happy Face on today... Doom Free Friday. Carry on folks.

Comment

• Db, how dare you beat me to the punch? Its rained here just about every day for the past two weeks, albeit light showers last two days....guys are pushing on a string around here, ground very wet and cold, but, you gosta play the hand that has been dealt to you and mother nature has all the wild cards in her hand! You yanks have a good holiday weekend, me gone fishin........

Comment

Working...
                                X