Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom farmer View Post
    Grainbelt2, Of course some will turn to other nations to make their purchases.

They won't change their country of origin due to the relative valuation of a currency. You can denominate corn to whatever currency you like. Corn is fungible, its price is virtually the same the world over ex transportation.

Comment

Grainbelt...BINGO

Keep up the good work, so many just don't get it.

+1
      Last edited by Iowa55; 01-12-2015, 04:34 AM. Reason: stupid spellchecker on this tablet.

Comment

Tas in the 70's we took the Budweiser tour several times during college. The challenge was driving back to campus. MADD has changed all that.

Comment

Tasdeer, I agree with Bins. I do not know what tour you took in either FOCO or St. Louis. I would suggest doing the Biermeister tour which they have at both. You might get an extra beer or two but costs $25 for the tour and would suggest it. In St. Louis they have the Biergarten and can buy additional beers after the complimentary sample. I do not think AB ever had all the free beer as small portion cups and a good bit of monitoring. Schlitz on the other hand was another issue. Who else would drink it? I forgot about Freedom Fluke he takes whatever he can get for free.

Comment

Never did the St Louis tour but if my memory is correct- in the 1970s Busch Gardens in Tampa had free beer after you paid for admission.
            “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

Free Beer after Admission = Beer NOT FREE!. That's like that FREE ObamaCare.

Comment

Originally posted by Grainbelt2 View Post
                They receive 15% more in Peso's for exported guacamole, 10% more in Maple Leafs for their exported potash, and 20% more in Yen for exported Honda's. The real value of the trade is unchanged. Currency is the grease that facilitates the trade, it has nothing to do with the real exchange of goods.
                So you are saying the guacamole exporters purchase Mexico's imported grains? Or potash export companies in Canada purchase their imported grain? I had no idea Honda bought all of Japan's imported US grains either, interesting. And I suppose all of the trade balances on these exchanges are exactly identical then??? Wow that is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Grainbelt2 View Post
                  They won't change their country of origin due to the relative valuation of a currency. You can denominate corn to whatever currency you like. Corn is fungible, its price is virtually the same the world over ex transportation.
                  Oh, I get it Grainbelt2, if the Russian ruble were to become ALMOST worthless, they could still buy all the corn that they wanted. They could use ALMOST worthless ruble to buy pesos or yen and then buy our corn.

Comment

Well that sure was boring

Comment

What we're seeing now is an attempt to suck as many wishful thinking idiots as possible into planting more corn in 2015. Don't be fooled. The f(ucking wheels are off the bus, and you're still a passenger. Regular gasoline was $ 1.79 here this morning - E 85 $ 2.39. Gee....I wonder how this is going to play out. But just think of all those DDGs. lmao.

Comment

domestic ethanol consumption will not drop that much if any.RFS ensures that.It may actually rise as cheap gas at the pump actually increases consumption as people drive more.unleaded 87 octane gas here is 30 cents more than 87 octane gas containing 10% ethanol.the reason is only 83 octane gas is shipped thru the pipeline, 93 octane prem is blended with it to raise it to 87.
                        db you are right about tempting growers to plant more corn with carryout stocks lower than thought and lower 15 acres predicted increases risk of lower carryouts down he road should weather turn less than favorable.I don't know if it will work here in the Dakotas as our poor basis and high imput costs make growing corn profitably almost impossible.

Comment

We're probably in the same boat with an average county corn yield of `140. I think a bunch of guys are wishfully thinking they can produce a repeat of 2013-14 yields on our normally *****ty clay soils. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. My money is on the average....and that won't even come close to paying the bills for corn....and if we even raise an average crop nationwide, it's going to get even uglier.

Comment

Olie: Just for you ole buddy.

Lars
                            Last edited by 48; 01-12-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

11% increase in farmer stored corn and soybeans over 2013, that's kind of an interesting number. Commercial storage showed an increase over 2013 also. Not in my back yard, two years of poor crops and good local demand frees up a lot of storage space. Lot's of bins sitting empty since last winter around here.

Who's job is it to drive around and pound on every single bin in the US to see if there is something in them? It must have been to cold to get out of the car up Nort here to get an accurate count.

Comment

Originally posted by db51 View Post
                                What we're seeing now is an attempt to suck as many wishful thinking idiots as possible into planting more corn in 2015. Don't be fooled. The f(ucking wheels are off the bus, and you're still a passenger. Regular gasoline was $ 1.79 here this morning - E 85 $ 2.39. Gee....I wonder how this is going to play out. But just think of all those DDGs. lmao.
                                I have never seen e85 priced higher than regular. Around here regular runs $1.94, e85 $1.54. The stations stick pretty close to 20% less for e85.

Comment

Working...
                                X