No announcement yet.

Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corn growing pt is below ground untill V6.Never get in a hurry to replant frosted corn,Wait at least 5-7 days.after a couple days you can cut the plant length ways and see the growing pt,if it's black and mush it will not recover.The bean growing pt will be above the ground at emergence so will be toast from a killing frost .corn yields or maturity will not be affected if their froze.if temps warm back up.
    grains higher to start the week,to much rain in hrw country and WW in northern plains is ahead of normal in maturity because of early dryness so frost could finish it off.rains came to late o help WW here,it's 6 in tall and already in he boot/early heading.We've had 5+ inches the last week so soils are recharged .Very cold here 32 this AM.forcast 28 tonight,highs upper 40 low 50 next 3 days,I haven't seen any corn up yet.But most seed was sitting in dry dirt until 8 days ago.trade touts perfect weather for row crops,does'nt seem that perfet to me,alot of corn and beans will need to be replanted after heavy rains,east Ne,western Ia,hit hard,cold temps will push back maturity

Comment

• I see we have a poster who said, "This admin has completely debased our currency." The dollar has been so strong that it is and has been hurting our exports. Sometimes thought and reality are incompatible.

Comment

• yes growing point is still underground yes. however some new shoots don't push up right and lose stand counts. same thing with hail. some get tied up and never put an ear and become weeds. there is a lot of beans emerged. looks like anything north of i90 is toast. lots of ponds needing to be replanted also. trouble is seed. could easily need 30 million old crop beans to replant. this is a bigger deal than most think. plus with the yield loss of fewer nodes planting end of may verse first of may is 5 bpa here. sometimes more, and that's if it warms up and dries out. However NO ONE seems to care yet. Wheat catching fire. corn looks friendly above 3.85. Mothere nature is still in control. 167 and 46 is no where near in the bin yet. actually If I was to guess on all acres of beans planting progress went backwards this week.

Comment

• not much emerged around here yet,just to cold.I've only had corn froze real bad just once.some was almost a ft tall,did'nt seem to have any stand reductions and it still yielded good,Beans seen to handle a frost better than corn ,it's very wet now to so steam from wet soils may protect emerged crops,but if I had beans up I wouldn't sleep very good the next few nights.
          I bot some sn15 and ken15 fri covered beans on the 830 reopening 2 cents from high covered 1/2 of the wheat @5.594

Comment

• It seems the trade is currently tradeing another record crop based on all this early planting retoric. A frost probably will not reduce a stand, it will set the corn back a few days, maybe even a week or more depending on how hard it freezes. A wide spread freeze will negate any advantage an early plant date gave to corn potentially yielding more, just like planting early into dust and the corn not germinating and emergeing until it finally rains a week or two later, planting into cooler soil will have the same results. Just cause it was planted early doesn't mean it starts growing early.

We are on track for an average at best crop, not another lofty record crop the trade seems to currently be trading IMHO.

Comment

• most agronomists say a frost does not set corn back the growing degrees after a frost will if it remains cold.I do agree with the idea the crop is off to less than perfact start all the traders are alluding to.So if corn acres get reduced 4-5 million ac.and yield is 160 instead of 166 currently projected that ='s about a billion less bu,puts carryout south of a billion.looks like theres a risk corn to cheap at these levels,If I was an enduser I'd be locking in some of my needs.

Comment

• gmart: Welcome back. Now, all is right with the world with our perma bull back.

Comment

• I already posted how USDA is not even following it's own rules on early planting vs increased yield. If they followed their own rules they would be showing Ending Stocks in excess of 2bb. Interestingly...they are telling the truth on SB with Ending Stocks=500mb. Jerry Gulke says that the last time we had stocks that high SB got down to 646. He!!...I've been worried about SB with a SEVEN. What was I thinking?????????

Analyst Planted Corn Acres (ma)

USDA 89.2
                  Informa 88.7
                  Gulke 87.17

Jerry says he may be a little low. USDA is a half million acres higher than Informa. Now, if you were the A-B-C-D's: ADM, Bunge, Cargill, Dreyfus, who would you pay more attention to???? USDA??? or Informa??? If USDA used realistic acres, they could follow their own yield formulas vs early planting.

Comment

• So what are you saying 48...plant all remaining acres to corn? I feel a milo azz reaming in the making....so that's off the table...hoping for PP corn 1/2 payment followed by beans July 1.....

Comment

• It snowed in ND, so wheat took a bounce. The last time I checked the US has high ending stocks. The world has a glut of wheat. I would be anticipating the usual, seasonal wheat down turn to a harvest low around the 4th of July.

Comment

• Originally posted by db51 View Post
                        So what are you saying 48...plant all remaining acres to corn? I feel a milo azz reaming in the making....so that's off the table...hoping for PP corn 1/2 payment followed by beans July 1.....
                        db51: I'm saying what I have said for a long time. Don't plant corn unless you can walk it out. A small feed lot is more important than tin cans. You can grind high moisture corn...with zero harvest losses off the corn head...grind it...inoculate it...and pack it. Chop plenty of corn silage. Walk it out. You don't need expensive tin cans to grind and pack high moisture corn. You don't need tin cans to pack corn silage. You don't need tin cans to store distillers that you feed out each week. If you don't want to walk it out, plant feed. Or fallow it and drill wheat the middle of August and stock it Oct. 1. Then, the following spring, don't graze it at all, and try to take a bonus grain crop. Wheat is DSI. All it is good for is grazing stocker steers or high dollar replacement heifers. I gave you guys about 8 options, and none of them included planting C, SB, or W unless it was tied into cattle.

Comment

• problem is 48,feeders to high priced to make work.still cost 4-5 $/bu to raise corn.At current fc prices need $175 fats to break even.I guess if you want to lose a couple hundred bucks per hd for the experience of feeding cattle then you may be right.

Comment

• 48, you sure seem interested in USDA and ONE of their "rules." Did it ever occur to you that they might take one or more other variables into consideration? Well of course not. It's best to keep it simple for a simple mind.

Comment

• 48....you're smokin some really good stuff if you think you can buy cattle at these prices and walk anything out and make a profit. That's insane....you and Mark Wright should start your own consulting service.....maybe charge a couple k to explain in detail how this all works.

Comment

• Originally posted by steffy View Post
                                most agronomists say a frost does not set corn back the growing degrees after a frost will if it remains cold.I do agree with the idea the crop is off to less than perfact start all the traders are alluding to.So if corn acres get reduced 4-5 million ac.and yield is 160 instead of 166 currently projected that ='s about a billion less bu,puts carryout south of a billion.looks like theres a risk corn to cheap at these levels,If I was an enduser I'd be locking in some of my needs.
                                Yup, that's what most agronomists say. Personal experience has proven otherwise to me. Especially when trying to hit the knick on some wild seed corn split.

Market gonna do what it's gonna do, the algorithums are all in place to follow the historical charts. Fundamentals like killing frost won't matter. Like I said before, it might be a good thing a few turkeys got sick in the corn deficiet up Nort here part of the cornbelt. We're not off to a good start.

Comment

Working...
                                X