No announcement yet.

Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crop getting smaller not larger should have funds rethinking their short postions,if they ever decide to rethink their positions and start to cover those shorts beans could rally 50-70 cents and corn 25-40 just on short covering,just enuf rain in near term forcast to keep them from getting to nervous,sunday night could prove interesting if rain is disappointing again.addd in light holiday volume and beans could be sharply higher.

Comment

• one also needs to watch the wheat market,urkrain sowed alot less wheat due to poor conditions at seeding and now weather is very warm over all of europe ,urkrain and russia.the US has also been unseasonably warm.wheat has not gone into dormancy yet.funds are very short wheat so short covering could move prices up alot.Here cash hrw is under $4.have to wonder how
      many US producers will opt to graze or hay their wheat at these price's.Cattle on feed showed placements down sharply,those calves going thru the salebarn went some where,my guess is wheat pastures down south.Oh and for those who don't think short covering can propell prices sharply higher just look what at the lc and fc did this week.I bot another 150 hd of bred cows in the past month,these are oler cows but should be able to get 2-3 calve out of them they cost me about $1150.I planted some WW on some marginal ground that I'll graze,ground that would normally go to dryland beans is going to forage sorghum to graze,cows will winter on corn stalks.I can't make money growing 25 bu dryland beans which is about normal around here as it never rains in aug here.

Comment

• Steffy it always darkest before dawn is it not? Like you I agree that this thing will be like a basketball inflated under 200 feet of water. When it starts to rise it could come back pretty hard and pretty quick. I still think looking at the charts that soft red winter wheat could hit 6.15 sometime this marketing year. As of right now if I can lock in around 6 I will call it good. We are looking at buying about 100 head of Holstein feeder calves as well. Like ole 48 has been saying walking it off might be better than hauling off bushels. Will let you know next fall

Comment

• omg SIllfarmer....you will never hear the end of it now...Holstein feeders! 1400# carcus wt will make for some BIG steaks...have eaten a few that came
          out of the Hoaxy feed yard bout 20 years ago...with a good cook, even 48 would NOT be able to taste the difference between stein AND some baby angus.

Good luck!!!!!!

btw, you don't have to ask for second helpings when they start big!

Comment

• Originally posted by steffy View Post
            crop getting smaller not larger should have funds rethinking their short postions,if they ever decide to rethink their positions and start to cover those shorts beans could rally 50-70 cents and corn 25-40 just on short covering,just enuf rain in near term forcast to keep them from getting to nervous,sunday night could prove interesting if rain is disappointing again.addd in light holiday volume and beans could be sharply higher.
            steffy if water is holding this thing back your Goose would be cooked down here in two more days we will break the record for the wetest year ever they opened up the flood gates on all the lakes around getting ready for the rain starting tomorrow night 7 to 12 we had two last night I need to stat razing catfish ---------------------dave

Comment

• MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ! ! ! ! !
              Jesus is the reason for the season )

FreedomFarmer do you have the time and place picked out yet ??? I'll buy the first round !!!

Comment

• SIF,

Maybe you'll hit it just right as feeder cattle are getting cheaper but a glance at agwebs front page this morning shows feed lots losing $700/head. I know you probably need a tax write off but you might as well buy something you can enjoy while you're losing money.

Comment

• Jb197 in the words of Foghorn Leghorn, "Say it ain't so boy, say it ain't so!" What could possibly go wrong? Feeder prices dropping, corn prices dropping, soybean prices dropping there is no possible way this could turn out to be a train wreck, right?!! And as far as enjoy ever had a giant stein rib-eye, or porterhouse one inch thick on a smoker? There is a reason the Midwest came up with the phrase Corn fed! Hmmmm, think I am going to fire up the grill right now if I can find it under the water that was once my yard! They eat a heck of a lot better than the corn and soybeans I grow raw.

Comment

• Originally posted by SIllinoisfarmer View Post
                    Jb197 in the words of Foghorn Leghorn, "Say it ain't so boy, say it ain't so!" What could possibly go wrong? Feeder prices dropping, corn prices dropping, soybean prices dropping there is no possible way this could turn out to be a train wreck, right?!! And as far as enjoy ever had a giant stein rib-eye, or porterhouse one inch thick on a smoker? There is a reason the Midwest came up with the phrase Corn fed! Hmmmm, think I am going to fire up the grill right now if I can find it under the water that was once my yard! They eat a heck of a lot better than the corn and soybeans I grow raw.
                    Get some Jersey's. Last two I've eaten were Jersey's and they were hands down the best I've ever had.

Comment

• Tastes like a brown glove as I recall,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by jb197 View Post
                        Get some Jersey's. Last two I've eaten were Jersey's and they were hands down the best I've ever had.

Have tried the Guernsey cross and did not care for it. Have been told Jersey cross was good before and I happen to have an Angus/Jersey cross in the feedlot now and am running low on steaks so might have to find out!

Comment

• Originally posted by natty View Post
                          Tastes like a brown glove as I recall,,,,
                          Way my marketing is going for this year Brown Jersey gloves may be all that I can afford to eat!

Good one Natty.
                          Last edited by SIllinoisfarmer; 12-30-2015, 09:43 PM. Reason: Mess up

Comment

• Originally posted by natty View Post
                            Tastes like a brown glove as I recall,,,,
                            You gotta choose the black-hided ones!!

Comment

• A grass fed guernsey tastes worse and is tougher than eating a worn out CAT work shoe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kinghere View Post
                                A grass fed guernsey tastes worse and is tougher than eating a worn out CAT work shoe.
                                It's the sole you are chewing and tasting king...NOT the soul..

Comment

Working...
                                X