Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by H. Bell View Post
    I wonder how many of our wonderful government leaders either directly or indirectly own farms that grow corn? I'm pretty sure they're not storing their wealth in paper money.
    I wonder?

If we compared the investments of those in government in fossil fuels vs the investment in farmland what would the numbers show.

I believe we have a Repub candidate for Pres that has about $1million invested in fossil fuels. He also is getting about $1 million in PAC money from the fossil fuels industry..

On the bio fuels mandate- I believe that it is currently in the country's best interest that the ethanol mandate continues because it is a renewable, secure, bio degradable gasoline oxygenate.

After watching the fossil fuels industry in every debate that affects their business, I do not trust them. The interests of big petrol do not always match the interests of our country. As Milton Friedman suggested, "the first responsibility of any business is to make money." Often, as part of their strategy to "make money" big business tries to limit or eliminate their competition or they end up owning the competition. Without a mandate that prefers ethanol as the gasoline oxygenate, big petrol would be free to price alternatives over the short term in a way that they eliminate or own their competition over the long term.

For businesses around the world- Pricing power and increased margins on what is produced can be achieved by either limiting or eliminating competition. Knowing this it is no wonder that big petrol both here and abroad does not like ethanol and has spent a lot of money to eliminate this competition.

Due to increased production of oil in North America, ethanol in the US, and increasing fuel mileage in the US vehicles we are less vulnerable to the whims of dictators or tyrants in foreign lands.

Due to the ethanol mandate and the independent ownership of ethanol facilities, we are also less vulnerable to the pricing and marketing desires of multinational oil companies.
    “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

• Oil companies probably do not want to do away with ethanol. It appears to me they just want to hold it back until they own all of the plants. The current plants are still at their mercy since oil owns the distribution system.

Comment

• Valero bought 15 of the ethanol plants they went belly up there couple of years back. They didn't get the one at Courrt House on the first go round, but ended up with it later.

Comment

• deleted
          Last edited by JeffreyG; 12-08-2015, 02:38 PM. Reason: cuz I'm a dumbazz

Comment

• J G - lmao on your edit ! Don't feel bad - your not the only DA on here - you have some great company - Like Dairyfarmn - Db-51 - JDGAL and it go's on and on lol Welome on here !

Comment

• JefferyG must be smarter than most of us. We leave our mistakes or dumb posts up!

Comment

• Jeffrey....it's one thing to BE a dumbaZZ, quite another to admit being one. Just saying. Too late now...what has been seen cannot be unseen...You're a dumbazz.

Comment

• Originally posted by ECI View Post
                  J G - lmao on your edit ! Don't feel bad - your not the only DA on here - you have some great company - Like Dairyfarmn - Db-51 - JDGAL and it go's on and on lol Welome on here !
                  You know ECI if I would have wanted your sh*t...I would have kicked it out of you!!! LMAO Where have I heard that before??

Comment

• Originally posted by db51 View Post
                    Jeffrey....it's one thing to BE a dumbaZZ, quite another to admit being one. Just saying. Too late now...what has been seen cannot be unseen...You're a dumbazz.
                    Seems I'll fit in just fine around here... I'm Joking!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffreyG View Post
                      Seems I'll fit in just fine around here... I'm Joking!
                      JeffreyG- I didn't witness the post before deleted so I don't have anything to judge but I have to tell you that all every other Jeffrey G that I know well is good lookin', intelligent, witty, talented, kind, and humble. Heck their farts don't even stink.
                      “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

• If today's reports contain nothing surprising (as many analysts hace stated) then why the drop in beans after the report release?

Comment

• Originally posted by jabber1 View Post
                          JeffreyG- I didn't witness the post before deleted so I don't have anything to judge but I have to tell you that all every other Jeffrey G that I know well is good lookin', intelligent, witty, talented, kind, and humble. Heck their farts don't even stink.
                          Boy mine sure do.

Comment

• Hey 48- I finally posted something of substance on the marketing thread !!!

Comment

• word is, farm bank lenders are tightening there purse strings and unusual farm selling pre end of the year not typical of the usual norm.New farm iron sales down 40% in November. I wonder how guys are going to pencil in corn profits with lofty rental agreements? Bin busters are catching up with the carryover situation that continues to build and that can't bode well and auger in great price opportunities this coming year with normal growing conditions.Me thinks farmers are already ferreting that scenario out , hence corn sales pre year end, likely deferred payments.If the US dollar goes up with interest rate hikes, commodities usually go up too, but the basis will likely soften to offset rising futures. With weakening global industrialized complex's dragging hard commodities down along with oil, this year is really looking circumspect and ugly for grains going forward.jmho. gold seems to be edging out a bottom for two years.

Comment

• Let me help you out here Tom . . To summarize in two words. We're Screwed.

Comment

Working...
                                X