Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PERCY View Post
    Guess dairyin' in Kansas is where its at...48, you should have read about all the milk that was dumped into lagoons back east this spring, summer...and how loads are to be sold $5 below market during Thanksgiving weekend cuz union help wants time off. BTW, you can't blend bad milk with anything, and still sell it, like corn or wheat. Ever try to sneak a coupla Jersey steers in with a pen of black baldies?? Didn't think so. Dairy eats all those deductions unsubsidized, not talked about.
    Percy: Dairying in KS IS where it's at. DFA is setting up a big processing plant in Garden City, KS. You should 1031 your high priced ground for 2X the amount of irrigated ground around Garden City. With the irrigation your feed supply is better guaranteed. While we have blizzards, the winters are better than WA. KS is pro ag state. The KS Dept of Health and Environment is tough, but they are reasonable and pro ag. Buuuuttttt...you're prolly like me. Thinking more about cutting back than expanding. Best.

Comment

• You should 1031 your high priced ground for 2X the amount of irrigated ground around Garden City.

You know Percy - 48 has a pretty good idea there - then you just sit around on your azz like he do's and blow everybody chit on here - lmao

Comment

• Are you guys picking on old 48 ?
        Just some stuff i worked up this morning.

Been waiting for someone to bring up test weight's with corn ?
        Low test weight years we'd have at least 2k posts addressing how much LESS bushels are really out there.
        Addressing how much MORE corn it will take to fill that tanker of E of that semi of fats/hogs.

Now, north to south, east to west in general we have heavy weight corn.
        We all know that test weight makes a big difference whether its 52 or 58
        Pretty fair bet this is where some of that 169.3 bpa came from.
        Has the heavy weight corn been fully factored into USDA's yields yet ? ? ?
        Have YOU factored this in as to how many bushels you really have in the bin ? ? ?
        My guess is the you's have,,, its just SHHHHHHHHH

OK now that I brought up something that was suppose to be as quiet as a church mouse here the corn spec money flow. Bean are flatish and not worth the effect. Wheat OK MPL, kinda bearish the winters. OH speaking of,,, MERRY CHRISTMAS HO HO HO there be snow.

Corn net selling on the week of 26k fairish amount.
        12k of longs selling
        14k of NEW net shorts entering the corn market.

362 longs these are the big boy traders that we need BUYING CORN not selling
        343 short
        -----------
        19k net long for the week ending the 11.17.2015
        Less net long since 6.30.2015

Last summer
        484 long these are the big boy traders that we need BUYING CORN and they DID, as in PAST tense.
        161 short
        ----------
        323k net long as of 7.21.2015

In a nut shell whether the markets been up or down the long side of the long spec money has been quietly slipping out the back door.
        The short sideeeeee, compare the numbers your self,,, its quite clear their willing to sell corn and have kicked it up a gear since the report.

So there 19k long now, 2 weeks of selling (week one was heavy) does not make a tend, but it is the start of one.
        All time record was -135k net short in harvest 2013.

Sounds BEARISH RIGHT, farm media IN GENERAL is talking "funds record net short*****
        I've heard this many times this week.
        I've heard Thursday at a marketing meeting.
        Heard it on farm radio.
        Heard it on Market rally, even from Chipper.
        The "herds" is being "fed"
        That chart I wanted below does showing C,W,B,Hoofs ARE record net short, that's why I wanted that chart..........
        BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT,
        In corn, beans and wheat.
        THEY ARE NOT RECORD SHORT GENTLEMEN PERIODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Comment

• Could you break that down to a single sentence.

Comment

• Just for you DB51....YOU'RE SCREWED!!! LOL

Comment

• Damn Tas, that was a lot of smoke for a little spark! LMAO PERCY....lol

Comment

• Good night Batman has this board become home to a bunch of Debbie Downers? In the recent runup of commodity prices not everyone got carried away. Few if any on these boards knew that prices would stay at the all time highs that we had. Most of us knew how to save for a rainy day and man is it raining now!
                First 48: some people can still afford to grow corn as long as the price stays above $2.50 per bushel. Not all of us have new expensive equipment, fancy shops, bins, and the latest gadgets. Some of my equipment is old enough to drink alcohol twice over, yet it gets the job done and is paid for! Not everyone is infected with the bug of gotta farm every acre that lies next to mine no matter what the cost. So guess what, some us will still grow corn, soy, and yes even wheat and hay and not go broke.

Secondly, any one who dairies my hat is off to them! Had dairy cows on both sides of the family for generations and no one works harder than those folks do. Some fine day in the near future when there is little to no milk to be had at any price, many politically correct folks will learn what the real world is like.

Thirdly, the wheel will eventually turn, it always has and it always will. Just make sure that you are on the right side of the wheel when you need to be!

Lastly, when you are talking about farm folk no one and I mean no one, knows how to milk a dollar to its fullest! Show me a farmer with a cow and I will show you a man that has milk. Show me a farmer with grain in the grainery and I will show you a man who is ready for what lies ahead. Show me a farmer and I will show you the biggest optimist in the world for if he were not there would be no one left in the world with enough ambition to try!
                Last edited by SIllinoisfarmer; 11-21-2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• SIL I always tip my hat to the livestock guys, more so Dairy and thank the Dear Lord and Dad quit milking when I was 2. Dad always said it wasn't how much money you made with livestock it was how much you saved when you stayed home. I still have my 4440, replaced it with a 7810 but the old girl is still my favorite tractor, rebuild the engine a few years pushing 15k hrs now .The kid wasn't too happy I put it on the bean combine but he'll live and STEER. He's just not gonna know the pride of driving straight the old fashion way.

Db IDK what it means but we're probably gonna be downish here for awhile.

Dennis spark, just more GAS, I come from a long line of a firebug family tho when my kid gets a can of ether to get bonfire going I get a tad nervous... Say hows old JC doing, haven't heard anything for a couple of years. He's gotta be 95ish, always thought he was a cool southern boy, greet him from me please if you see him !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 48 View Post
                    DR: My ignorance??? Didn't I say that young farmers should work for the best dairy to learn the business??? Beef feedlots have always been a tougher blood bath than dairy. How many years would you last losing $200/HD????? USDA DOES set the minimum price the processors have to pay. It doesn't apply to coops, but if the coops didn't match the privates, they wouldn't get any milk. You DO benefit from the crop insurance. Your saying over and over that you don't doesn't make it so. Not getting full coverage on a second crop applies equally to the crop farmer, AND he's not getting the milk to sell that you are. If MPP hasn't paid anything to YOU, it's cuz you are not buying up the coverage like DF.Whaddaya mean many dairy farmers have operated over a year at a loss??? When I tell you guys that you are over producing, you say you are exporting it, and every thing is hunky dory. Corn is BELOW the Cost of Production. SOOOOO...how is the MANDATE adversely affecting dairy farmers. BTW...there hasn't been a MANDATE for 3 years cuz EPA just flat disregards the law. They are under a court order to come up with one for 2014, 2015, and 2016 by Dec. 1. You are just bloviating a bunch of nonsense.
                    200/hd? that's it? That's child's play compared to losses seen in dairy during each of the last few downturns. '09 was over $1000. So was '12-13 if you separate crops from dairy. So you can take you measly 200/ head and go play in a sandbox and let us big boys play here in dairy. Guaranteed my @$$. Not getting full coverage on a second crop? I'm talking about the first one! We don't get coverage because we plant a second one, harvest it and feed it to cattle. What does DF know anyway... he isn't a REAL dairy farmer according to you. Talk about bloviating... you must always be bloviating about yourself when you say such things.

1031 to move to KS... uh, no. Than I'd need to live in KS.... so there is that. Than I'd need to ship to DFA... so there is that. Than I'd need to take a huge pay price cut... so there is that. Than I'd need to inventory huge amounts of parts... so there is that. Than I'd need to have my own specialized staff to do everything because there is no good support system in place.... so there is that. No, I think I'd just stick in dairy central like DF is and Percy is.
                    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/DiederichFarm"]DiederichFarm[/URL]
                    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Comment

• Originally posted by SIllinoisfarmer View Post
                      Some of my equipment is old enough to drink alcohol twice over, yet it gets the job done and is paid for!
                      How do you plant straight rows with your tractors going around getting drunk!? Or do you only have tillage equipment that old and the sober tractors pull them in line? Maybe this is why people get GPS autosteer... keeping those inebriated implements going straight must be quite a chore. :-)
                      [URL="http://www.facebook.com/DiederichFarm"]DiederichFarm[/URL]
                      "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Comment

• Those implements with wooden spoke wheels are the trouble makers....soak up way to much of the drink...

spot on Sillfrmr!

This year I'm NOT seeing adds in the classifieds of landlords offering their land for rent at auctions to the highest bidder...yet, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by SIllinoisfarmer View Post
                          Good night Batman has this board become home to a bunch of Debbie Downers? In the recent runup of commodity prices not everyone got carried away. Few if any on these boards knew that prices would stay at the all time highs that we had. Most of us knew how to save for a rainy day and man is it raining now!
                          First 48: some people can still afford to grow corn as long as the price stays above $2.50 per bushel. Not all of us have new expensive equipment, fancy shops, bins, and the latest gadgets. Some of my equipment is old enough to drink alcohol twice over, yet it gets the job done and is paid for! Not everyone is infected with the bug of gotta farm every acre that lies next to mine no matter what the cost. So guess what, some us will still grow corn, soy, and yes even wheat and hay and not go broke.

Secondly, any one who dairies my hat is off to them! Had dairy cows on both sides of the family for generations and no one works harder than those folks do. Some fine day in the near future when there is little to no milk to be had at any price, many politically correct folks will learn what the real world is like.

Thirdly, the wheel will eventually turn, it always has and it always will. Just make sure that you are on the right side of the wheel when you need to be!

Lastly, when you are talking about farm folk no one and I mean no one, knows how to milk a dollar to its fullest! Show me a farmer with a cow and I will show you a man that has milk. Show me a farmer with grain in the grainery and I will show you a man who is ready for what lies ahead. Show me a farmer and I will show you the biggest optimist in the world for if he were not there would be no one left in the world with enough ambition to try!
                          words so true!

Comment

• Yes, thank goodness my dad and uncle quit the dairy business when I was a little kid. The 2 tractors I own, we bought new. 1970 MF 1100 and 1983 IH 5088. Fine tractors they are, and I owe no debt. I suspect I will show at least small profits in the coming years. Only real bad luck or dumb decisions could snare me up. Yes, folks, I'm pretty much a conservative in every way...well, almost every way.

Comment

• Originally posted by PERCY View Post
                              Just for you DB51....YOU'RE SCREWED!!! LOL
                              Yep....that's what I was thinking...thanks for the clarification. lmao

Comment

• Good for you.....BTW....How many Syrian Refugees will you be hosting at your place.

Comment

Working...
                                X