Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 48 View Post
    steffy/Tas: DOWN. I wouldn't be surprised to see LC go back to the 130 area where they launched from, but they have good support at 150 and 145. ----------------------.I'm not back. Freedom Fluke kind of got to me.
    Good post.

FF???????????????? You mean after all of these years of controversy and disagreement here on Ag Web with Ivn/allzanny, dec, JAM, glowplug, nodaddy, various ethanol bashers, various imposters, etc- you have now put up the surrender flag because of one poster who appears to put relentless wear on his left shoe? My very own short list of the most annoying opinion and all knowing/arrogant/abrasive attitudes posted here over time does not include FF. I long ago changed my settings to ignore alzado and only alzado. Once in a while I take a peek and reply but I don't waste much time on him.

I do tend to believe that a rehash of stuff that we have discussed here for eons gets boring. There are good people to discuss with here but some boredom has set in with me.

I never/ever understood the opinion of some that healthy intelligent political discussion here included only discussion that supported the current right wing of our government. America has always been divided in political beliefs. If they contribute nothing else- Discussion sites like this one help us to better understand the people we disagree with and get some clues as to why we may disagree. Of course there is always the chance that what we read here tests our own beliefs a bit. The ethanol bashers turned me into a man who often supported ethanol here as I read some nonsense that clearly could not be supported by facts. WE had discussion of the suggested net energy loss nonsense, clean air, energy density/octane, fluid fuel security , impacts of ethanol on gasoline prices, and suggested food inflation in grand multiples of the undeniable increase in the price of corn- (when commodity corn in the US goes up less than 10 pennies per pound- while tortillas in Mexico go up over $1 per pound- how can the primary cause be US ethanol as the Washington Post suggested and dec/JAM argued???????? I am pretty sure I made their short list of the most annoying as we dealt with this stuff.)

If I was looking for only opinions that I agreed with, I would be spending my day talking to the mirror.
    Last edited by jabber1; 02-04-2015, 02:12 AM.
    “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

• It's not possible to beat any sense into Marky,he has bullish blinders on and fails to look at the facts.If he is indeed long the cattle hope he has deep pockets.

Comment

• 48,with all those cattle on wheat pasture,and wheat prices in the dump,how much wheat will get grazed out or hayed,never to see a combine.

Comment

• Originally posted by jabber1 View Post
          Good post.

FF???????????????? You mean after all of these years of controversy and disagreement here on Ag Web with Ivn/allzanny, dec, JAM, glowplug, nodaddy, various ethanol bashers, various imposters, etc- you have now put up the surrender flag because of one poster who appears to put relentless wear on his left shoe? My very own short list of the most annoying opinion and all knowing/arrogant/abrasive attitudes posted here over time does not include FF. I long ago changed my settings to ignore alzado and only alzado. Once in a while I take a peek and reply but I don't waste much time on him.

I do tend to believe that a rehash of stuff that we have discussed here for eons gets boring. There are good people to discuss with here but some boredom has set in with me.

I never/ever understood the opinion of some that healthy intelligent political discussion here included only discussion that supported the current right wing of our government. America has always been divided in political beliefs. If they contribute nothing else- Discussion sites like this one help us to better understand the people we disagree with and get some clues as to why we may disagree. Of course there is always the chance that what we read here tests our own beliefs a bit. The ethanol bashers turned me into a man who often supported ethanol here as I read some nonsense that clearly could not be supported by facts. WE had discussion of the suggested net energy loss nonsense, clean air, energy density/octane, fluid fuel security , impacts of ethanol on gasoline prices, and suggested food inflation in grand multiples of the undeniable increase in the price of corn- (when commodity corn in the US goes up less than 10 pennies per pound- while tortillas in Mexico go up over $1 per pound- how can the primary cause be US ethanol as the Washington Post suggested and dec/JAM argued???????? I am pretty sure I made their short list of the most annoying as we dealt with this stuff.)

If I was looking for only opinions that I agreed with, I would be spending my day talking to the mirror.
          jabber: I didn't quit posting in the Marketing Thread cuz of FF. It was relentless attacks from primarily db51 and to a lesser extent SD and pl. A long time ago I asked db51 to quit trashing our Marketing Thread...which IMHO was the best of any Production Ag chat room. It was a damn good thread. PF and Brock were reading it. Many times I laughed and said: He!!, I'm paying these guys to read my own advice. Annnddd, I don't say that to tout my own horn. I asked db51 to quit trashing our thread, and he did for awhile with his DKJ Marketing Thread. But, when it disappeared for lack of participation, he came back with a vengeance. And, then SD and pl would join in. SD is a nothing who is only somebody when he attacks somebody who is something. pl attacked cuz I hold dairy to task for disparaging corn ethanol. This is not a right vs left deal. I'm far right, and you are uber liberal. But, I regard you as a good friend and a compatriot in arms in support of corn ethanol. db51 is a self obsessed narcissist who attacks even his friends: TomOn, Greg, ECI, etc. I don't need that BS.

Comment

• Wow an open admission that he is a "legend in his own mind".......

Comment

• A Narcissist....lmao...I'm not the one tooting my own horn dude. My "friends" that you say I trash are adult enough to know sarcasm....unlike little 4th graders like yourself who go off pouting because someone is picking on you. Face it 48...and that rant about your great advice and how you're giving it away for free? That's a real moment of hilarity right there. We all know your Cliff Claven knowledge comes from Google and your paid subscriptions to marketing services and DTN. I'm guessing you'll get at least 1 subscriber...Yourself.

Comment

• 48, if people cannot chide, vehemently disagree,and be outspoken out of passion, then life would be pretty darn boring indeed. I love confrontation in conversation, it brings out the worst in me....lol
                and I've got a closet full of asbestos underwear from getting my azz burnt in many venues,so I've basically got a teflon approach in life.I take everything with a grain of salt but don't ever ever character assassinate any of my family members. That's crossing the line and I'll find you out.

Comment

• grains are putting in a decent performance,beans are supported by a sharply higher bean oil ,increases palm oil subisidies for bio fuel is the reason given.meal is lower so not sure how much more beans can rally with weaker meal,wheat is up 8 from more follow thru shortcovering,all grains may see some follow thru buying ahead of tue. USDA WASDA report.

Comment

• Originally posted by 48 View Post
                    jabber: I didn't quit posting in the Marketing Thread cuz of FF. It was relentless attacks from primarily db51 and to a lesser extent SD and pl. A long time ago I asked db51 to quit trashing our Marketing Thread...which IMHO was the best of any Production Ag chat room. It was a damn good thread. PF and Brock were reading it. Many times I laughed and said: He!!, I'm paying these guys to read my own advice. Annnddd, I don't say that to tout my own horn. I asked db51 to quit trashing our thread, and he did for awhile with his DKJ Marketing Thread. But, when it disappeared for lack of participation, he came back with a vengeance. And, then SD and pl would join in. SD is a nothing who is only somebody when he attacks somebody who is something. pl attacked cuz I hold dairy to task for disparaging corn ethanol. This is not a right vs left deal. I'm far right, and you are uber liberal. But, I regard you as a good friend and a compatriot in arms in support of corn ethanol. db51 is a self obsessed narcissist who attacks even his friends: TomOn, Greg, ECI, etc. I don't need that BS.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5hfYJsQAhl0

This coming from a guy who always talks about pining for the wild west days.

Comment

• Can we get all this girl drama done with and get back to discussing the markets? Some of us have a crop to sell yet. And I appreciate any and all comments.

Comment

• Anyone have any thoughts on the closure of "pit trading" by the CME?

Comment

• I think someone once said on here, that the volume on the electronic trade in corn would never exceed the volume in the pits in the corn market. Not sure who that was though..... maybe TAS remember's.

As for my thought of closing pit trading "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz"

Comment

• don't think the E-trade will be as transparent as the pit trade was. think it will be easier than it is now to fleece the sheep.

Comment

• While the futures have some affect on what farmers grow and sell, many of the farmers are not using the tool directly. Soooo, they have a ho-hum feeling about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDakotan View Post
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5hfYJsQAhl0

This coming from a guy who always talks about pining for the wild west days.
                                LMAO, just how long have you been holding on to that one SD? right now you are 1 up on 55'S POST #185.oh darn, what a way to go to bed tonight.... laughing this hard!

Comment

Working...
                                X