Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom farmer View Post
    steffy, I hope he's not a Muslim.
    There has to be a prick in every crowd I guess.

CONGRATS steffy!!!!!!!

Comment

• His mom's going to keep him fed for now DB.Nothing like mothers milk to get him going.

Comment

• Originally posted by IN555 View Post
        What is everyone's thoughts on what corn and beans will do during February?
        brazil bean crop is getting smaller and smaller. it will be south of 90MMt and if the rain doesn't fall in the 2 week timeframe could be less. beans seem pretty bullish from these levels to me and the meal-oil spread kicked into high gear this last week. I think dollar is acting toppy and energies has a reversal off lows today. RBOB has been holding very strong despite crude. meats seem cheap also. got scared buying cattle and feeders today. hit where I was gonna buy but chickened out. there is a lot of seasonal in a ton of commods for lows in feb and rallies. metals might have another day down but I think they will be higher in a month or two also. violatily is picking up. could be a sign of some trend changes starting to happen.

Comment

• If bean oil hadn't taken such a beating beans would be trading back over $10,meal is $15.00 off it's lows,that should have been good for a 45 cent rally in beans,export sales were about double expectations,evryone keeps talking exports slowing down,citing switching to SA origins,but most exports won' start their until mid to late march,ships waiting to load beans from brazillian are 1/2 the same period last year.harvest will be later there as planting started 3-4 weeks late,meal and bean demand may last longer for US beans and if SA farmer sales are slow or logistics keep beans from getting loaded US bean demand will get a boost.

Comment

• also a key river used to transport ag goods is closed due to below normal rainfall in Jan keeping water levels to low to support barge traffic,I believe this leads to San Paulo

Comment

• Congrats on the new edition steffy!

It was a awhile age I posted a yahoo article about how dry it was in Brazil, everyone told me it didn't matter.

I thought water flowed down hill.

Comment

• 82 even if the crop is dropped from 95mmt to 90mmt,it's still a record,would have to drop another 5mmt to get trader's attn.more likely harvest gets delayed pushing more demand back to US.everyones pretty bearish not weather prem in the market,hard tto find a bullish headline,maybe it's justified who knows.What have you guys heard as far as growers getting operating lines renewed,I've heard a few horror stories as net worth ha plunged,have to wonder how this affect acreage mix.

Comment

• How has net worth plunged when land values are still hovering at all time high? Are the bnaks finally admitting everything is marked to Fantasy?

Comment

• if your holding much grain inventory and corn is worth 1.50 less and beans $3./bu and if they didn't sell last years inventory before the price drop it's a double whammy,not all own land ,if your renting most of your acres It doesn't help your balance sheet.

Comment

• Equipment values have gone down too. They probably owe more than they're worth now. Went to a meeting yesterday, listened to an EXPERT out of Washington, he predicts prices will be down for couple of years. It may not be as bad as the 80's, but there's going to be some people hurt.

Comment

• The best cure for high prices is high prices. Anyone not understanding that is asking for trouble.

Comment

• you mean low prices cure low prices right?

Comment

• SOMETIMES "low prices cure low prices," but high prices nearly always, sooner or later, cut demand or encourage substitution thus leading to lower prices. We've just witnessed this in spades with most commodities. At least to some extent, land will be next. As H. Bell said, those high equipment prices are quite naturally falling also. Fertilizer and seed are bound to soften somewhat, sometime this year (spring? fall?).

Comment

• Congratulations on that grandbaby steffy, that has to be a wonderful feeling having grandchildren. I really enjoyed my children and I can't wait for grandchildren. My grandchildren will be muslims by the way.

Comment

• Dirka durka, jihaad.

Comment

Working...
                                X