Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmart View Post
    Flash drought is becoming a real concern!! Last two week precip map and not a lot of anything over the weekend. No extreme temps but still. Tip back is going to start to become very noticeable. Plus beans need a lot of rain innaugust along with corn for grain fill. Dry roots can't pull nutrients up plant. If trade expects a rise in crop conditions the are nuts. How is the shallow roots stuff fairing over there in southern Iowa Illinois Indiana and Iowa doing?
    my friend has a source over in Iowa and he says yields will be bumper and historic.No wonder they aren't talking over there in the Big I....

Comment

• Depends on what part. Northwest is dry. Two counties down through i80 will be best for a while. However blight is very bad. Scott your fields. Southern Iowa has lots of holes. Iowa will be better than last year but I don't think it hits a record. Too little of fertilizer, too many weeds, too little of money spent for too over the top yields. Disease pressure I think is worse from all the conventional planted and simple lack of farmers being pro active. And who can blame them with low prices.

Comment

• Thanks Tas...what is in the markets:

#MassacreMonday
        #TurnaroundTuesday
        #WeakerWednesday
        #TeaserThursday
        #FlatulentFriday

see what this week brings!

Comment

• well it looks like massacre Monday is true,no rain here dryland crops really showing stress,rain tomorrow won't help some fields.temps been hot mid to upper 90's,wind blows every day.no rain here for over a month,rains forcast over a large area with cooler temps,has grains lower,don't think yield est will showsmaller crop for a month yet,lows getting close,but if sx close under 9.30 and cz under 3.75 look for liquidation to continue,would take lower crop ratings this afternoon to turn market and doubt that happens

Comment

• Yep...Pretty much what he said.

Comment

• export insp were just so-so,beans still above USDA projection,corn and wht running less than projected by USDA.volume is light again today,FC Stone is out tomorrow,informa on wed with their crop est,they are normally higher than USDA,doane came out fri with lower est,but no one seemed to pay attn. to them

Comment

• meats are sharply higher oct lc limit up feeders up 3.80,piggys up 1.80-$2. 48 you still long the cows

Comment

• Was on a road trip through pnw wash,or,id,Utah and into Canada that area is real dry thinking there may b kids that don't know what rain is !
                  I still believe we will at least get back to where we were a few weaks ago crops will b good in areas but not consistent enough for great yields
                  Will these crops tours really b accurate I mean fields r not even this yr. what looks good beyond the turn rows may not tell the story

Comment

• DTN COMIC STRIPS

"DTN Before The Bell--Livestock

Livestock Futures Turn Lower Monday"

---------------------------

Soooo....what happened???

GAPPED higher on the Open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO

Hey...Olie...where's the Massacre Monday?????

Comment

• Originally posted by gmart View Post
                      I know when I look at 14-21 day precip totals and departure from normals it sticks out big time. Especially with all the rain then to shut off. Happened to us last year. Makes it worse than if you keep getting rain by far. Now the part that survived is getting whacked. Gonna be some real surprises when combined roll. Plus no one is spraying much for fungicides. Blight has gone mad. I have noticed there has been very few and small storms make it past the Mississippi. This 166.8 crop is laughable. No where near the vegetation index as last year or near the area. This last week was just simply a joke. Demand down from China for beans? Has no one seen the imports from South America the last 3 months. Along with record crush and blah blah. Means nothing i guess.
                      gmart: US Big Chicken is importing the SB from Brazil. US Demand sux. Not on pace to match USDA export projections.

Comment

• We don't have dec to fade anymore. But, never fear. gmart and db51 are even better.

Comment

• 48 oc beans is running about 2% over usda projections plus we're crushing more,so bean demand is better than predicted USDA will probably have to lower ending stocks again.nc bean sales are running behind last year but it's early so sales could pickup,esp if Europe stays dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by steffy View Post
                            48 oc beans is running about 2% over usda projections plus we're crushing more,so bean demand is better than predicted USDA will probably have to lower ending stocks again.nc bean sales are running behind last year but it's early so sales could pickup,esp if Europe stays dry.
                            steffy: EU crushes rapeseed...not SB. Deep South Big Chicken is crushing Brazilian SB...NOT US SB. US corn can not compete with Bra, Arg, and UKR corn. Annnddd...none of them can compete with Black Sea FEED WHEAT.

Comment

• they don't crush all rapeseed and that crop is smaller both there and in Canada,also they import a fair amount of meal,the SE US always use some SA beans/meal so that's nothing new.I do agree theres a lot of cheap feed wht in the world.

Comment

• stock market acting poorly lately,not sure if this is just a correction or a change of trend,crude and metals also sucking air,cattle might be a sell if stocks remain under pressure,

Comment

Working...
                                X