Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BinswOH View Post
    Last time I saw a pile in July was to empty a bin for repairs.
    BINS I saw several piles of corn left from last year in S E Mo two weeks ago on my trip to Sikeston --------------dave

Comment

• Been trying that for weeks now... Lol. No such luck on the rain... Has only been one thing getting wet... Lol. I think the windmills to the west are to blame.

Comment

• Not having a dog on our farm, I have Been trapping raccoon here in the rural backwaters of the Minnesota River, (one mile from the river) I thought having caught 35 raccoon in the past three weeks an alternative to putting up 9 strands of electric wire around the sweet corn. Checked the traps this morning, 4 raccoon, and the patch is nearly one/ quarter destroyed by the little buggers. Told the wife she could have the ten o' clock to 3 o'clock shift with the 12 gauge shotgun tonight. I would take over after that. She responded that corn is only 99 cents a bag in the grocery store, and just concede to the raccoons that they are smarter then I am. Perhaps I should wait until they are prime next fall and sell their r pelts and just go ahead and buy frozen sweet corn in the grocery store, and maybe a little Summit beer.

Comment

• USDA reports 231,000mt corn to mex,104,000mt wht to tiawan,220,000mt beans to china and 116,000mt corn to unknown.looks like the price break has created some demand,I think we're close to a near term bottom.US$ looks like a double top,30 day rain fall in Iowa is below normal,we were 100 here yesterday,things starting to show some stress,suppose to be rain in ia this weekend but if it disappoints could set the stage for a higher opening sunday night.cattle charts are ugly looks like a head and shoulder top on the weekly chart,but I'm hearing of some fairly high death losses from the high heat and humidity,anyone else hear this?

Comment

• forgot to mention volume in the grains seems very light on this break today ,might want to buy sx as close to 9.70 as patience allows,use a stop below 965 on a close only basis

Comment

• choreboy, 2 strands of electric fence is the only way to go. One up about 6" and second about 8" up from the first. BTW, Schells is a good alternate for Summit. And the commodity limbo dance continues...

Comment

• Originally posted by steffy View Post
                USDA reports 231,000mt corn to mex,104,000mt wht to tiawan,220,000mt beans to china and 116,000mt corn to unknown.looks like the price break has created some demand,I think we're close to a near term bottom.US$ looks like a double top,30 day rain fall in Iowa is below normal,we were 100 here yesterday,things starting to show some stress,suppose to be rain in ia this weekend but if it disappoints could set the stage for a higher opening sunday night.cattle charts are ugly looks like a head and shoulder top on the weekly chart,but I'm hearing of some fairly high death losses from the high heat and humidity,anyone else hear this?
                steffy: A HS TOP on the weekly. First, that's why weekly is worthless. Second, I hope you don't trade cattle. TOP??? My friend, if anything we are approaching a seasonal BOTTOM. I went long and wrong yesterday, but I was a little early. The Oct had a downtrend channel objective which it achieved. Cash cattle traded in KS yesterday at 145 down 3 from week ago 148.

Comment

• I told you guys that the USDA run up in C/SB/W was a GIFT. All 3 have given back ALL of the USDA run up. You GBS guys with the tin can padlock keys still in your pockets are SOL. Now, we are trading a DEMAND market. Strong dollar and Exports sux.

Poet in Mitchell, SD is offering 357 at -57 basis for corn Oct/Nov delivery. Can you break even at that price? The AW Home Page has an article titled "Protecting 2015 Margins." Maybe someone should tell them that you have to have a margin to protect before writing said article.
                  Last edited by 48; 07-24-2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• In the not so distant future the market will be forced to go back to trading lack of supply, just be patient. The lower the market goes, the higher it will go. You know that 48.

I was hoping this weather market rally was going to be a controlled event. It's shaping up to be anything but controlled.

At least China and Mexico will be prepared and prosper...thanks to the poor ole U.S. taxpayer. TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by 82 View Post
                      In the not so distant future the market will be forced to go back to trading lack of supply, just be patient. The lower the market goes, the higher it will go. You know that 48.

I was hoping this weather market rally was going to be a controlled event. It's shaping up to be anything but controlled.

At least China and Mexico will be prepared and prosper...thanks to the poor ole U.S. taxpayer. TIA
                      82: There MAY be some legs on SB depending on USDA's re-survey. But, it never had anything to do with MO and KS which are insig. It has to do with E IL, E IN, and OH. WX markets are short, and this one is over unless we have a hot/dry Aug on SB. We are trading a DEMAND market. As long as the dollar stays strong and a safe haven from the global wreck, it ain't bullish commodities re EXPORTS.

China will prosper??? Are you serious? China is a wreck. It is a communist command&control economy. It's stock market would have crashed even more except TPTB have dictated that nobody can sell. You better wake up and smell the roses.
                      Last edited by 48; 07-24-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• HERE'S THE BEEF" (Buying)

OK guys and gals I said when the buyers stepped in I would let you know.

484k long
                        161k short
                        -----
                        323k net long
                        66k longer then they were last week.

The spec funds added 66k net long in corn to 323k as of July 21st this is the most net long they have been since early May 2014. The most net long prior to that was was early December 2012.....
                        39k NEW LONGS, NEW BUYING *****THIS IS WHAT WE NEED*****
                        -26k of short covering.

This is the first time in months the new buying has outweighed the short covering. Since the June 30th report the long side has added 75k with and average price of 4.17 in the 14 trading days since the report.

I invite anyone to pick this apart.
                        I would love for some of those lurkers to step in and post ! ! !
                        If you have questions, ask.
                        I do have a word (phase) of caution I'm looking for, you may have to look at the charts to figure it out but I'm betting I have someone curious up enough and their gonna figure out the phase (I did leave some hints above Ha Ha)

IMO these numbers will help ZCZ hold 4.00 with another run to 4.50
                        4.00 to 4.50 trading range til the August report looks like a fair bet.
                        How we open Sunday night will be very important, a quick dip under 4 would not surprise.

Comment

• China will prosper??? Are you serious? China is a wreck. It is a communist command&control economy. It's stock market would have crashed even more except TPTB have dictated that nobody can sell. You better wake up and smell the roses.
                          You missed my whole point 48. I'll type more slowly next time.

Comment

• So tas are the funds quietly entering or what? More up volume than down since the end of June. I know you say it's only short covering, looks to me it might be more than that. Not the ballistic levels we saw in 2012, but emotion, trend whatever you want to call it seems to have changed...for now.
                            Remember when I asked you this on July 9th Tas?

Comment

You missed my whole point 48. I'll type more slowly next time.
                              82: Yeah...right. Soooo....what's your point? My point is simple. The dollar is strong as a safe haven which hurts US ag exports. China is a wreck which is wreaking havoc on all countries which export to China like Aus.

Comment

Remember when I asked you this on July 9th Tas?
                                82: Back in the Jul 9 time frame, Tas said over and over that it was mostly short covering on the part of the Big Specs, and it was. The latest Brock shows the Big Specs net long about 120,000 corn on peaking OI and net long about 80,000 on flat OI on SB. Whoopee.......
                                Last edited by 48; 07-25-2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X