No announcement yet.

Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we are also getting dry haven't had a rain for a couple weeks now and it's been in the mid 90's,some corn just starting to tassel,don't see much in the forcast either.heavy rains moving thru Ia,Ill.parts of Mo,has grains rebounding,some talk of high heat index next week affecting pollination,I've never seen pollinatin problems with 90 degree heat when humidity and plenty of water in the profile,would need 100 degrees with low humidity and drought conditions to create any problems,to much rain and shallow root's that causes plants to fall over from high winds biggest concern right now

Comment

• corn's having a tough time getting thru 4.50 area sx @10.30 area,meal still acts good so not sure if beans can break much corn and beans well off their highs,beans actually traded lower,if grains close lower today interim highs are probably in for now,corn till acts the best but in needs to close over 4.50 or the bulls may take profits,should be selling wheat bon rallies as it's acting the worst,I see mexico bot French wheat over night,US wheat is overpriced if mex can buy French wheat and pay the freigt vs trucking it from Tx.

Comment

• A tweet from ADMIS at the close today.

ADM InvestorServices ‏@TradeADMIS ยท 6h6 hours ago
        Funds have been net sellers of 2,000 soybeans, 1,000 soymeal, 2,000 soyoil and 1,000 wheat and buyers of 6,000 corn

So funds bought 2000 corn yesterday and 6,000 today according them. That means funds have bought back the 8,000 they sold on Tuesday. Don't ask me if it matters or not.

Dec corn was up a dime and down a dime today settling pretty much unchanged. They tried to sell it off a few times but was bought back in a hurry. I see I was only a couple pennies away from having one of my Dec contracts trigger. I hope triggers pretty soon. then I can throw in another offer at a higher level.

Maybe I should start "trading" this again? We'll see what next week brings.

Comment

• 82,with the volatility just fade the extremes and don't get greedy,support and resistance 4.20-4.50 cz,10.-10.50 sx,wheat just sell rallies

Comment

• europes corn crop was lowered and steeper cuts may be in the future est if the hot dry spell doesn't end soon,global stocks are going to be lower.

Comment

• europes corn crop was lowered and steeper cuts are possible if the hot dry spell doesn't end soon,global stocks are going to be lower

Comment

• Always on the downside steffy. That way the daily "trade" can become a longer term "hedge" should conditions arise.

Looks like I should have got my azz out of bed a little earlier this morning.

Comment

• 82 Those fund estimates are a just "A Guess" even though they come from a payed subscription from Reuters. The last 2 weeks they have been way off, like 99k way off 2 weeks ago. The fact is in cyber land there's absolutely no way to really know what going on. til the CFTC report.

Here's the facts,

6-23 corn, net short -47
                  7-7 net LONG 208k
                  Net buying of 255k is a MASSIVE AMOUNT in only 2 weeks, blowing away any prior all time records by alot.
                  And then we have guys saying the traders are not re-actioning to the weather****************************
                  This sounds really bullish ? ? ?
                  The headlines sounds bullish "Funds Buying"
                  IMVSO headlines are not always in the best interest of producers.

Until you know where the buying is coming from,of that 255k
                  207k has been short covering
                  48k has been NEW NET BUYING.
                  I've double and triple checked these numbers and then crossed checking them, they are correct.

Then they said this, "huge long position in corn" yes this is big compared to anything since March but that's being very short sited. All time range has been net long 498k net long to -135k net short so you be the judge whether 208 is huge or not ?

Not all this fits here,I posted this in NAT, but you get the idea

Comment

• Olie:

You said: "IMVSO headlines are not always in the best interest of producers."

You use this a lot.

Sooooo....what does the "S" stand for??????????????????

Thanx

Lars

Comment

• I totally understand all this Tas.

This weather related rally seems to be a little more controlled than 2012. I hope it continues to maintain a level of self control. IMHO we are at the level this corn market should have been from the very beginning. No need for $8.00 corn. No need for $3.00 corn either.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDakotan View Post
                        Why did I, because I decided I would wait for a less important thread. But since you responded, if your big tractor has been down for a few years and you can't get a mechanic out to fix it, I would think a man of your wealth would just go but a new one. BTW, don't you have sprayers around there?
                        Moe: Sure. You didn't see the 220 Spray Coupe and the 3 point sprayer???????????

Comment

• FWIW

@LEV5 149.000
                          @LEQ5 146.175
                          ----------------------
                          2.825 Carry/Contango

@GFQ5 214.600
                          @GFV5 211.100
                          -----------------------
                          3.500 Invert/Backwardation

Hit Reply With Quote To View
                          Last edited by 48; 07-17-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Sooooo....what does the "S" stand for????????????????

What "S" ???

Comment

• Originally posted by 48 View Post
                              Moe: Sure. You didn't see the 220 Spray Coupe and the 3 point sprayer???????????
                              Gary, sorry, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't have time to drive down to Menlo.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDakotan View Post
                                Gary, sorry, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't have time to drive down to Menlo.
                                Moe: So, you're a BS'r, or you are commenting on pics that Curly, Shep, or Larry e-mailed to you. Rick it's against the AW Posting Rules to post personal, private info. I was banned one time for doing that. Since the Moderators are allowing you to do just exactly that, I expect them to allow me to post similar personal/private info on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X