No announcement yet.

Marketing 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN555, depends mostly on SA weather. The world economic situation will not change much in one month. Hopefully someone will give us a (tiny) bit of encouragement to grow corn and give us (at least small) crop insurance protection.

Comment

• Dream on folks. This train is off the rails. Nothing to do now but to see how much more printing and pumping Janet Yellen and the Central Banks can do to keep the ponzi afloat. I'm sure than banksters are drooling over the coming QE4-5-6-7 to infinity and interest rates going negative. Anyone else notice that Goldamn Sucks made 4-600 Million on the SNB currency deal....and all those poor f(ckers that lost hundreds of millions of dollars had their negative trading accounts RESET BACK TO ZERO and debts forgiven. hmmmm.....Life is Awesome when you're a bankster or an insider.....everyone else....eat cake.

No money will venture into commodities when playing the rigged stock market is risk free.

Plan accordingly to maybe break even over the next couple of years if you raise even an average crop. A crop disaster with current guarantees won't even cover most folks nut. I've been hauling January bean contracts to two elevators and every trip have went right to the pit to dump. no lines....on what is normally a traffic jam month. There is a load of corn on farm storage unsold......but...I don't know jack. so come up with your own plan for survival.

"Eighty people hold the same amount of wealth as the world’s 3.6 billion poorest people, according to an analysis just released from Oxfam. The report from the global anti-poverty organization finds that since 2009, the wealth of those 80 richest has doubled in nominal terms — while the wealth of the poorest 50 percent of the world’s population has fallen." There you have it. The reason the wealth of the richest has doubled since 2009, is because “it’s not a recession, it’s a robbery.” Central bank and government policy has done this, it is no accident.
      Last edited by db51; 01-28-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Saw a tweet from somebody today that said some trader sold 11,000 3.70 March puts today and collected $4,000,000. Does that sound right? Didn't check any of that out. If that's right, he don't expect corn to go down much.

Comment

• Just checked that out a little, and it seems like that's in the ball park to me for what it might have traded for today. If DB's right, there won't be much corn delivered in next 24 days, si that price will probably hold. Steffy, you make that trade??

Comment

• I'm not much of an option guy,would assume something that big was a hedge against another position.corn looks like it's rolling over to me,took out a lot of stiff support yesterday,looks like ch14 could test 3.50 fairly quickly.it needs to get back above 3.80 fast to negate sell signals.around here there is still a lot of 2013 corn in the bins.The bull in me is out to pasture,I'm more in db's camp,I gotta bad feeling about this.

Comment

• talked to the cargill buyer, lot of the renters are moving corn, the guys who own alot of ground, bins, and have old money say they will sit on the stuff till next year if they have to.

Comment

• We are prob the oddballs but we are sold out and have been hauling as fast as road conditions allow. I have been hauling march contracts and will be starting on april contracts. CGB says bring it on, barges being filled every day im down there.

Comment

• I must admit I was thinking around a 4.30 Feb avg corn price and a 10.10 Nov bean price. That isn't looking very likely at this point but you never know many times the market has started to rally from Feb 1. I guess since I don't have any old crop I might as well hope for lower prices to increase demand and reduce acres.

Comment

• beans are trying to stand in off strenghth in meal,but bean oil has been in a free fall and yesterdays annoucement that argentina bean oil would be eligible for US bio fuel subsidies for bean oil.Tus leadin to large imports of bean oil into the US,Has the EPA went totally over the cliff,why should US tax $'s go to a foreign country,this is horribly wrong.

Comment

• what we are hauling was sold for 3.70 tp 3.80 so it could be worse, have 2 or three thousand bu left is all after that, beans gone. pigs
                      and lambs eating my other 9000 bu of corn.

Comment

• another mouth to feed,my new grandson was born last night.

Comment

• Congrats, Steffy!! He won't affect your market much, but for sure will change the economy!!

Comment

• steffy, I hope he's not a Muslim.

Comment

• Now why in the hell would you say that.two chances slim and none,what a frickin idiot.

Comment

• Congratulations. Get him on full feed ASAP!

Comment

Working...
                                X